Author Topic: Please I need help!  (Read 3370 times)

mysterious_shadow

• Getbig II
Please I need help!
« on: August 14, 2012, 03:47:34 AM »
I have been training for four years now. Since a month am getting a very slight pain in my right shoulder, i usually feel it after my workout for like 5 hours and then it goes away.
Even if i felt it during my training i can keep working out during heavy lifting also, it just a little annoying pain. I mainly feel it when i move my arm to the front or to my side very quickly , or sometimes while benching. I don't think it's a rotator cuff injury because the pain doesn't get worse during night and also because i did some online youtube movements tests and nothing was painful!

Any suggestion or help is appreciated , Thanks!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Please I need help!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 09:42:59 AM »
I have been training for four years now. Since a month am getting a very slight pain in my right shoulder, i usually feel it after my workout for like 5 hours and then it goes away.
Even if i felt it during my training i can keep working out during heavy lifting also, it just a little annoying pain. I mainly feel it when i move my arm to the front or to my side very quickly , or sometimes while benching. I don't think it's a rotator cuff injury because the pain doesn't get worse during night and also because i did some online youtube movements tests and nothing was painful!

Any suggestion or help is appreciated , Thanks!
if it hurts don't do it. only use movements that don't aggravate the problem . do some rehab movements as you see branch warren doing on youtubey. look at bill pearl's book keys to the inner universe you'll find tons of exercises to do.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 09:43:45 AM »
if it hurts don't do it. only use movements that don't aggravate the problem . do some rehab movements as you see branch warren doing on youtubey. look at bill pearl's book keys to the inner universe you'll find tons of exercises to do.
;D
F

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 12:45:15 PM »
;D

do you have that book funk?

and if yes, does he talk about AJ?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 01:28:17 PM »
do you have that book funk?

and if yes, does he talk about AJ?
yes i have the book and several others by pearl, don't remember pearl going into much detail about a.jones, but he does include exercises useing all the available equipment of the time. so there's 100's of different exercises for each bodypart. ex for rowing  shown below.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 01:32:55 PM »
a few more exs.
F

mysterious_shadow

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 02:28:23 PM »
Ok thanks a lot man, i will try to change exercises and use lower weights!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 06:27:21 AM »
yes great book and bill signed for me. I remember i had a shoulder problem and it really was a bastard. i had bursitis in my right shoulder. I could however do push ups and close(er) grip benches but please do not do inclines or wide grip anything! another thing i noticed was useing Dumbbells and as i wrote before on another thread you can "twist your hands inwards/outwards" so there is no or less pain. Dumbbells are a great tool and can really help. I like Flat Dumbbell presses and always have. Another point is if you are a home trainer like me if you get pain you can drop the "Bells" outwards to the side.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 06:29:15 AM »
as you Yanks say...just my 2 cents.... ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 02:49:16 PM »
Stop benching,they are overrated.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 05:17:13 PM »
Good advice here on this thread. I was losing hope about this site. Just to repeat the good advice.
1. If an exercise hurts don't use it.
2. Use Bill Pearl's book for other exercises is great advice.
3. The bench is an over used and over rated exercise.
4. Use light dumbbells or pulleys for rotator cuff exercises.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 06:15:11 AM »
Stop benching,they are overrated.
I think parallel bar dips give you a nice shape. Gironda dips will screw up the shoulders.