Author Topic: The 3 Pillars of Muscle Growth  (Read 18367 times)

PeakContraction

• Time Out
  • Getbig I
The 3 Pillars of Muscle Growth
« on: August 23, 2012, 09:24:15 AM »
Whether you are a strength athlete, an aspiring bodybuilder or simply looking to add a bit more size underneath your button down work shirts, muscle growth may seem like a daunting task with the plethora of information seemingly overloaded thanks to the information age. To the benefit of many of my clients, I have been able to utilize my academic knowledge and extensive hands on experience in the field to condense the basic concepts of muscle growth into three easy-to-learn points and I am offering my knowledge - free of charge - to this board.

The 3 Pillars of Muscle Growth:

1. Progressive Overload Resistance Training - Begin a strength training program with no more or no less than 3 training days per week (ideally Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday). Focus on only compound, multi-joint movements in 6-8 rep sets with minimal volume and every week add either weight or reps (within the 6-8 rep range) to each movement. The key to muscle size is becoming stronger.

2. Adequate Protein Intake - Ignore the dietary nonsense that advocates insane amounts of calories that simply become stored as fat. To build a lean, muscular physique calories should be kept at maintenance level with protein intake sustained around 1 gram per 2.2lbs of bodyweight. The human body is unable to process a greater intake of protein.

3. 8 hours of Sleep Every Night - Muscles do not grow when you are lifting weights or eating. The only time when your muscles repair and grow stronger and larger is when the human body is sleeping. Make sure to sleep at least 8 hours every night to get the most muscle growth.

ukjeff

Re: The 3 Pillars of Muscle Growth
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 09:27:15 AM »
From the one pillock of muscle growth, thanks mate.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 09:27:26 AM »
Breaking news. We found ourselves a new Max Planck.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 09:31:17 AM »
GIVE UP,,,

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 09:35:14 AM »
Cyp

Tren

Anadrol

THEN combine it with training, protein and rest!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 09:39:14 AM »
Genetics

Drugs

Everything else is so far down they barely even factor into the equation

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 09:40:44 AM »
Whether you are a strength athlete, an aspiring bodybuilder or simply looking to add a bit more size underneath your button down work shirts, muscle growth may seem like a daunting task with the plethora of information seemingly overloaded thanks to the information age. To the benefit of many of my clients, I have been able to utilize my academic knowledge and extensive hands on experience in the field to condense the basic concepts of muscle growth into three easy-to-learn points and I am offering my knowledge - free of charge - to this board.

The 3 Pillars of Muscle Growth:

1. Progressive Overload Resistance Training - Begin a strength training program with no more or no less than 3 training days per week (ideally Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday). Focus on only compound, multi-joint movements in 6-8 rep sets with minimal volume and every week add either weight or reps (within the 6-8 rep range) to each movement. The key to muscle size is becoming stronger.

2. Adequate Protein Intake - Ignore the dietary nonsense that advocates insane amounts of calories that simply become stored as fat. To build a lean, muscular physique calories should be kept at maintenance level with protein intake sustained around 1 gram per 2.2lbs of bodyweight. The human body is unable to process a greater intake of protein.

3. 8 hours of Sleep Every Night - Muscles do not grow when you are lifting weights or eating. The only time when your muscles repair and grow stronger and larger is when the human body is sleeping. Make sure to sleep at least 8 hours every night to get the most muscle growth.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 09:50:04 AM »
Banning is kinda slow here...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 09:53:55 AM »
Banning is kinda slow here...
YA THINK,,,

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 10:13:49 AM »
Let him and Musclecenter PM each other stuff like this...

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 10:14:57 AM »
May Allah smite you

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 10:15:21 AM »
Thanks for the free advice, jerk off.  ::)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 03:51:30 PM »
what do you reccomend when one hits a sticking point?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 09:01:11 PM »
Cyp

Tren

Anadrol

THEN combine it with training, protein and rest!

You forgot HGH and insulin  >:(

lol jk or am i  ;D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 04:39:56 PM »
here's my fav pillar 8)