Author Topic: Phil Heath Exclusive Interview with VNM-TV: Coleman or Yates? GH15??  (Read 36369 times)

jprc10

• Getbig III
Re: Phil Heath Exclusive Interview with VNM-TV: Coleman or Yates? GH15??
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2012, 03:25:46 PM »

No, the judging has zero basis. Don't try and apply logic to a completely corrupt judging system that has no criteria, with scoring that contradicts itself.

I don't think the judging system is that corrupt, but it sure has/had some strange outcomes in numerous occasions.

jprc10

• Getbig III
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2012, 03:42:30 PM »
I disagree I don't think any were almost the same and the difference between Ronnie 98 and 99 conditioning is noticeable not negligible. I have both videos and there is a huge difference Ronnie was on point in 98 not so in 99 tad heavier not as hard or as dry not really an advantage when you're competing with someone who is just as heavy and with much better conditioning. 

I'm only going by the youtube clips I've seen from both 99 and 98, differences are probably much more noticeable in your videos.
Anyway, you're probably right. I was just trying to provide another point of view/argument.

Do you agree that Ronnie's 98 O version would have the best chance going against Dorian's best? How about 2001 AC or the 2003 Olympia?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2012, 03:49:50 PM »
I'm only going by the youtube clips I've seen from both 99 and 98, differences are probably much more noticeable in your videos.
Anyway, you're probably right. I was just trying to provide another point of view/argument.

Do you agree that Ronnie's 98 O version would have the best chance going against Dorian's best? How about 2001 AC or the 2003 Olympia?

I think 98 and 01 are interchangeable both around 247-249lbs shredded. 03 Ronnie is massive beyond all belief but his conditioning isn't no where near 98 but good for that amount of size and his balance & proportion are in the red

Ronnie was at his best at his lightest and he would need to be on point to try and beat Dorian , but I think Dorian just has to many advantages for a lighter Ronnie.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2012, 03:53:32 PM »
I'v read this argument before and it makes sense, but here is the thing: was 98 Coleman's best year?

It is true that the 98 Olympia was one of the closest contests (Ronnie winning by only 3 points) and that Dorian dominated the 93 Olympia winning with straight firsts. But the thing is Ronnie also won the 99 Oympia in a dominant fashion with the same straight firsts scoring included.
Also, he won the 99 O competing against almost the same guys as the year before. So what happened? Did his entire competition (mainly Flex) get much worse or did Ronnie actually get better? I think it's safe to say Ronnie got way better (as shown in the scoring) and if any Coleman version ought to be compared to 93 Yates is his 99 version.
Outcome would be a lot closer than you guys think.  
I agree with you here that my argument above is a valid argument if and only if Ronnie's best was 98 and if his best was 99 then my argument is no longer valid, that is correct I would say

So anyone who thinks Ronnie's best was 98 has to agree to this common sense.

jprc10

• Getbig III
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2012, 04:04:29 PM »
I think 98 and 01 are interchangeable both around 247-249lbs shredded. 03 Ronnie is massive beyond all belief but his conditioning isn't no where near 98 but good for that amount of size and his balance & proportion are in the red

Ronnie was at his best at his lightest and he would need to be on point to try and beat Dorian , but I think Dorian just has to many advantages for a lighter Ronnie.

I always thought Dorian's biggest advantages against Ronnie or anyone for that matter were his conditioning and structure.
Thanks for your insight.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2012, 04:06:15 PM »

No, the judging has zero basis. Don't try and apply logic to a completely corrupt judging system that has no criteria, with scoring that contradicts itself.
Call it corrupt, call it whatever you want, and I agree BTW, but my argument is from this corrupt judging stands. I, personally am not arguing who I think is better cause if i did that I would say Shawn Ray  ;D   We have been around long enough to see the Olympia panel judges and how they play their cards and based on their perspective it is easy to decipher they would pick Dorian 93 over Ronnie 98. Actually you can make this assessment very easily.

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2012, 08:11:09 PM »
Call it corrupt, call it whatever you want, and I agree BTW, but my argument is from this corrupt judging stands. I, personally am not arguing who I think is better cause if i did that I would say Shawn Ray  ;D   We have been around long enough to see the Olympia panel judges and how they play their cards and based on their perspective it is easy to decipher they would pick Dorian 93 over Ronnie 98. Actually you can make this assessment very easily.

Holler

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2012, 08:14:50 PM »
Holler

arms look near enough the same size, and dorian outweighs him by 30 to 40 lbs

:-\
choice is an illusion

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2012, 10:38:15 PM »
It says 23' inch biceps. Am I reading this properly? Anyone? LOL

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2012, 01:11:53 AM »

Well there is a logic to what your saying but i still think you are applying more of a criteria than exists. The IFBB likes dynasties, so they judge based on who is on a created streak. IF Dorian was an up and comer unknown who brought his 1993 physique against Ronnie in 1999 he would lose, probably wouldn't finish top three and vice versa, if Ronnie brought his 1998 physique in 1993 or 1994 while being an unknown he loses.IMO.

Shawn has far more detail in legs here, more quad sweep, tighter waist, more defined abs and intercostals, a far fuller thicker chest, better traps, far better lines. Dominates the shot. 8)
Trans Milkshake.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2012, 02:16:29 AM »
It says 23' inch biceps. Am I reading this properly? Anyone? LOL

Bodybuilding in a newspaper? Which one do you know?

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2012, 02:54:51 AM »

Yip its the LIGHTER Coleman that would be the Shape to Compete and (POSSIBLY) Defeat Yates, 1998 he was Full, Shredded and DRY @ a click under 250lbs, IMO its that Version that would be the yard-stick he'd Need against Yates  

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2012, 05:39:43 AM »
Some body post that pic from 96 mr o where this "lighter Coleman was owning Dorian from behind
Coleman was in red trunks
choice is an illusion

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2012, 05:48:34 AM »
Some body post that pic from 96 mr o where this "lighter Coleman was owning Dorian from behind
Coleman was in red trunks

Yep. Coleman in 96 from the back was better than Yates...BTW, this is the first year I saw Coleman on video.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2012, 06:06:16 AM »
Yep. Coleman in 96 from the back was better than Yates...BTW, this is the first year I saw Coleman on video.
Bro, why you got to smoke weed so early in the morning  ;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2012, 06:07:47 AM »
Bro, why you got to smoke weed so early in the morning  ;D

No weed. Please someone post video or photo

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2012, 06:24:38 AM »
ermm... no he didnt.....

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2012, 06:26:48 AM »
coleman looked like a sack of shit until he paid somone to tell him how to take drugs and diet propperly, he became a force just after diesels retirement at the noc

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2012, 06:40:07 AM »
a weird, awkward.... very 'unblack', like a geeky white bloke boot polished up, anyone remember his funky chicken posing routine from one of the mid 90'syears, made a right tit of him self, thats why his legacy will never be as stella as the shadows...

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2012, 06:43:43 AM »
ermm... no he didnt.....

Post the stage picture of comparisons on stage Coleman murders Yates from behind...
But you guys won't see that because they said otherwise ...  Coleman was in red trunks beat Yates from. Shine.. But I'm sure none of you Dorian fans will post that one up
choice is an illusion

jprc10

• Getbig III
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2012, 06:52:03 AM »
Post the stage picture of comparisons on stage Coleman murders Yates from behind...
But you guys won't see that because they said otherwise ...  Coleman was in red trunks beat Yates from. Shine.. But I'm sure none of you Dorian fans will post that one up

How can he be murdering him with inferior conditioning and an inferior structure?  ???

jprc10

• Getbig III
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2012, 06:55:06 AM »
Holler

In this shot Shawn looks way better. As a personal preference I think Shawn's physique was better, more aesthetic, better arms and legs.
But looking at the entire contest, not just one pic, it is clear to see why Dorian won. His advantage in size, condition and structure were too much for Shawn or Kevin.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2012, 07:04:26 AM »
How can he be murdering him with inferior conditioning and an inferior structure?  ???
your opinion.
yaates had a very similar structure to fux....
you do the math
choice is an illusion

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2012, 07:07:02 AM »

there is even a better one
choice is an illusion

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2012, 07:11:04 AM »

there is even a better one

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!