Author Topic: Flex v Heath. Back shot  (Read 25000 times)

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
Re: Flex v Heath. Back shot
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2012, 08:57:21 AM »
The more i look at Flex the more i think he was overrated. He doesn't look like he carries legit muscle, too much oil, very narrow, weak chest. Shawn had better aesthetics and its a fucking tragedy that he didn't get the O in 1994, Yates looked like complete shit. As for Chris, getting robbed against Jay at The AC so many times probably fucked up his motivation. Great structure.

He carried plenty of legitimate muscle with conditioning early on

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2012, 09:00:19 AM »
He carried plenty of legitimate muscle with conditioning early on

I just think he is overrated, Phil gets a huge amount of shit for being narrow, but so was flex, his chest looks tiny and his arms overpower his torso.
Trans Milkshake.

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2012, 09:11:15 AM »

I just think he is overrated, Phil gets a huge amount of shit for being narrow, but so was flex, his chest looks tiny and his arms overpower his torso.

Ha. Not overrated at all.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2012, 09:13:46 AM »
Ha. Not overrated at all.

Bro your pics keep highlighting what i'm saying. He has serious balance issues and chest should always be the focal point of a physique. Nice lines and shape though.
Trans Milkshake.

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2012, 09:19:27 AM »
Bro your pics keep highlighting what i'm saying. He has serious balance issues and chest should always be the focal point of a physique. Nice lines and shape though.

I will agree that his chest was his weak point. His side-chest shot was amongst the best though.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2012, 09:22:18 AM »
The more i look at Flex the more i think he was overrated. He doesn't look like he carries legit muscle, too much oil, very narrow, weak chest. Shawn had better aesthetics and its a fucking tragedy that he didn't get the O in 1994, Yates looked like complete shit. As for Chris, getting robbed against Jay at The AC so many times probably fucked up his motivation. Great structure.

The more you type the more you prove how fucking clueless you are

Flex was overrated , like I said you sound just like pumpster

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2012, 09:24:43 AM »

Flex had HUGE delts and arms and a very good chest but not good enough to not be overpowered by the delts and arms, much like kevin

Shawn ray had perfect balance of pecs, delts, arms. Definitely true he wouldve dominated if not for height

Personally I prefer early Flex 92 & 93 to phil . Later flex was stupid on so many levels.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2012, 09:28:36 AM »
The more you type the more you prove how fucking clueless you are

Flex was overrated , like I said you sound just like pumpster

Fuck off you fat middle aged weirdo, you are the fucking clone of pumpster, you don't train and you are obsessed with some drug mule that couldn't give a fuck about your existence.

Collecting millions of magazines doesn't equate to training knowledge you fat retard.
Trans Milkshake.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2012, 09:30:37 AM »

Fuck off you fat middle aged weirdo, you are the fucking clone of pumpster, you don't train and you are obsessed with some drug mule that couldn't give a fuck about your existence.

Collecting millions of magazines doesn't equate to training knowledge you fat retard.

meltdown

thanks for playing  ;)

I'm still lol@ flex is overrated  ;D

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2012, 09:32:50 AM »
Flex had HUGE delts and arms and a very good chest but not good enough to not be overpowered by the delts and arms, much like kevin

Shawn ray had perfect balance of pecs, delts, arms. Definitely true he wouldve dominated if not for height

Personally I prefer early Flex 92 & 93 to phil . Later flex was stupid on so many levels.

I agree on all counts, not a huge weakness due to how much detail they had everywhere else and their lines but i do think chest should be the center point.

I think Ray just got a bit overpowered due to height and weight but he still should have an O anyway, he nailed it in 94 and Dorian looked terrible that year.

I do too, but Phil has brought up his weaknesses and he has managed to do it without creating other problems elsewhere.
Trans Milkshake.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2012, 09:34:35 AM »
meltdown

thanks for playing  ;)

I'm still lol@ flex is overrated  ;D

His aesthetics are overrated, but then you don't think Shawn Ray had an aesthetic physique so...
Trans Milkshake.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2012, 10:25:21 AM »

I think Ray just got a bit overpowered due to height and weight but he still should have an O anyway, he nailed it in 94 and Dorian looked terrible that year.

Ray shouldve been mr olympia in 90, I'm a labrada fan and liked haney, but shawn was the clear winner
By the time 94 rolled around, a guy under 220 was not gonna get it. New conditioned size era with less emphasis on proportion, flow etc,

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2012, 10:32:52 AM »

His aesthetics are overrated, but then you don't think Shawn Ray had an aesthetic physique so...

Typical when you're called out on your utter bullshit and looking foolish you now change it to ' his aesthetics are overrated ' NOT what you said and even that is retarded and typical of how much you know

And I dare you to find the post where I typed I don't think Shawn was aesthetic  ::) keep making shit up

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2012, 10:48:33 AM »
Typical when you're called out on your utter bullshit and looking foolish you now change it to ' his aesthetics are overrated ' NOT what you said and even that is retarded and typical of how much you know

And I dare you to find the post where I typed I don't think Shawn was aesthetic  ::) keep making shit up

At least you are consistent with your lies and bullshit. Sorry but some fat schmoe with a 40,000 post hard on for Dorian Yates doesn't get call out privileges. You said that he wasn't very aesthetic or something to that effect. And my considering his aesthetics to be overrated would fall under the umbrella of being overrated wouldn't it genius.

Dare me lol you already reneged on your promise to quit when owned in the past by others.
Trans Milkshake.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2012, 10:53:55 AM »
Come to think of it I think Cormier is better overall in terms of balance and his physique could pack on so much mass, being 5'10 and one of the best structure in bbing he did compete in upwards of 250 and could easily be in the 260's or 270's given his frame. I just think after the 4 time Arnold runner up spot got him mentally, that and lifestyle....
6x Arnold runner up. With Flex in 2000, then on up. He deserves to win against Jay, but it wasn't gonna happen. It effed his head up (I think), you can't rightfully prepare for a contest, and know that you aren't gonna win, even though you should, and you look better than the competition.

EH

• Getbig III
« Reply #140 on: September 01, 2012, 11:27:49 AM »
From my FB page. Very similar. Structure, density, shape, everything. Who ya got?

Flex's lats were weak. His Teres Major and the way his lower lats stood out over his lower back (or how his lack of low back/lumbar/errector development stood out... a result of his detest for deadlifts), as well as his lower trap seperation created the illusion of wide, thick back.

That's an older pic of flex ('93 arnold I believe, maybe even the Olympia that year), so his shoulders weren't as swollen as they were 6 years later... so can't really compare phil's delts to flex's there. I don't care if they were site-injected, Flex's shoulders held oil very well, probably the best of anybody's (even groulx, in that era). However, phil's are still feathery and striated.

Phil's traps are developed top to bottom, flex only had "decent" development in the lower, mid back area... the traps near his neck and ears were thin. "Baby traps", nasser always called them.

leg's, i dunno... i'm not a fan of phil's legs. Flex had great shape to his quads, along with deeeeeep seperation up near his hips... and his hams, although always soft, had good sweep/hang. Glutes? flex had hard glutes 1 year in his life.. maybe a year and 6 months... when he won his pro card, and his first year in the ifbb. calves? well, they looked good in person, in the offseason, for a regular guy... but the lack of seperation, detail, or the ability to have a visible contraction es no bueno for bb comp's.

arms... i still think flex had the absolute best arms in the sport... shape, seperation, ect... always thought his triceps had perfect shape. you can't replicate that shape with site injections.. sure, you can enhance it a little, but you can't go from a mediocore tricep to a well shaped tricep with injections the way you can with biceps (or even shoulders... maybe).
...but phil is equally impressive in the arms. bi's, tri's, brach's, forearms, ect... feathery and seperated..... i think phil's lateral head is better than flex's (more like levrones), but i think flex's long head hang's better.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #141 on: September 01, 2012, 12:13:57 PM »
?
a

nkhp

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #142 on: September 01, 2012, 02:02:04 PM »
?

flex looks better in this pic and he isnt even keeping in his mid section like heath. Heaths arms are too over powering. flex was complete.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: September 01, 2012, 03:46:04 PM »

At least you are consistent with your lies and bullshit. Sorry but some fat schmoe with a 40,000 post hard on for Dorian Yates doesn't get call out privileges. You said that he wasn't very aesthetic or something to that effect. And my considering his aesthetics to be overrated would fall under the umbrella of being overrated wouldn't it genius.

Dare me lol you already reneged on your promise to quit when owned in the past by others.

Like I need your permission to call you out. Opppppsssss sorry already done fanboy  ;) this is MY house and you wipe your feet before you step into my house.  8)

1) I never said Shawn Ray wasn't aesthetic and once again when someone calls you on your bullshit you amend it to ' or something to that effect '  ::)

2) I could be a fat schmoe and your dumb ass will still be wrong that Flex was ' overrated '

3) you're the biggest schmoe on here in every single thread lamenting about how the pretty physiques should win , pot calling the kettle black

4) you're pumpster and have a lot of balls calling someone fat and a schmoe  :D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: September 01, 2012, 03:51:32 PM »
?

See this is different and I would give it to Flex here

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2012, 02:38:57 AM »
Like I need your permission to call you out. Opppppsssss sorry already done fanboy  ;) this is MY house and you wipe your feet before you step into my house.  8)

1) I never said Shawn Ray wasn't aesthetic and once again when someone calls you on your bullshit you amend it to ' or something to that effect '  ::)

2) I could be a fat schmoe and your dumb ass will still be wrong that Flex was ' overrated '

3) you're the biggest schmoe on here in every single thread lamenting about how the pretty physiques should win , pot calling the kettle black

4) you're pumpster and have a lot of balls calling someone fat and a schmoe  :D

I pity you, i'm pretty sure you have downs syndrome, you can't deny facts. You have a good 40,000 posts wanking over Dorian, you are one of the most pathetic pieces of shit that i have ever seen. characteristics.

Maybe if you like muscles so much you should start training you ugly mong. ???
Trans Milkshake.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2012, 04:51:52 AM »

I pity you, i'm pretty sure you have downs syndrome, you can't deny facts. You have a good 40,000 posts wanking over Dorian, you are one of the most pathetic pieces of shit that i have ever seen. characteristics.

Maybe if you like muscles so much you should start training you ugly mong. ???

david94

• Getbig III
« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2012, 06:43:26 AM »
 :)

:)

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: September 02, 2012, 08:01:15 AM »

You seem to be obsessed with Pumpster, someone who you no doubt look exactly like. Want to both post pics you creepy old schmoe?
Trans Milkshake.

david94

• Getbig III
« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2012, 08:41:59 AM »
 8)