Author Topic: Breaking Bad - Who is watching it?  (Read 48122 times)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Re: OK...WHOSE WATCHING BREAKING BAD???
« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2012, 01:03:59 PM »
One of the best tv shows I've ever seen. Didn't think the actor that plays Walt could pull it off after being such convincingly whiny bitch of a dad on Malcom in the Middle.  This mofo is a great actor.

Great writing and characters on that show.  Gus was a smooth, calculating SOB. Mike was...well Mike but played a great role.  You can't say enough about Walt, Skylar, Hank, his wife (FILTY Thief!) and ol' b-b-b-breakfast boy.

[SPOILERS]
I think these last few episodes of season 5 have taken an amazing twist. When Walt killed Mike everyone thought Walt was the biggest idiot on the planet. I mean us, the viewers of the show.
Then, he gives Jesse a lot of money, is more listening towards Skylar, and really seems more relaxed at the final dinner with Hank and Marie.
All is well? No. We get a full blown drama ending a la greek tragedy. I think Hank's toilet scene was epic and very intelligently made.

Superb series. I can't stress this enough.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #126 on: September 05, 2012, 01:17:46 PM »
LOS ANGELES—Following last Sunday’s Breaking Bad midseason finale, creator and showrunner Vince Gilligan told reporters that in a departure from the “light, fun tone” that has characterized the program thus far, the concluding episodes may take more of a darker turn. “Ever since the very first episode, in which [main character] Walt is diagnosed with cancer and forced to sell meth to provide for his pregnant wife and cerebral-palsy-stricken son, I’ve thought that perhaps one day we could begin taking the show in a grittier direction,” said Gilligan, adding that while the program’s ongoing depiction of a man slowly succumbing to an illegal lifestyle defined by power, violence, and alienation was fine for four and a half seasons, he “wouldn’t mind” eventually exploring some grimmer themes. “I know our audience has gotten comfortable seeing Walt regularly kill drug dealers, endanger his family, and poison small children, but, personally, I think people would be interested in seeing a slightly more sinister side to the character.” Gilligan’s announcement comes just weeks after fellow AMC showrunner Matthew Weiner announced it was “entirely conceivable that the next season of Mad Men may touch on how men deal with marriage.”

http://www.theonion.com/articles/breaking-bad-creator-thinking-maybe-next-season-sh,29445/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=manual&utm_campaign=fb-status:headline:cta-content

Umm, they already filmed the full season and it's sitting on the shelf.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2012, 01:19:30 PM »
[SPOILERS]
I think these last few episodes of season 5 have taken an amazing twist. When Walt killed Mike everyone thought Walt was the biggest idiot on the planet. I mean us, the viewers of the show.
Then, he gives Jesse a lot of money, is more listening towards Skylar, and really seems more relaxed at the final dinner with Hank and Marie.
All is well? No. We get a full blown drama ending a la greek tragedy. I think Hank's toilet scene was epic and very intelligently made.

It is funny.  Hank was looking for Heisenberg for years and all of a sudden he stumbles upon him while taking a shit.  HAHAHA

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2012, 01:25:08 PM »
It is funny.  Hank was looking for Heisenberg for years and all of a sudden he stumbles upon him while taking a shit.  HAHAHA

There has got to be some deeper symbolism connected to that Walt Whitman book. Anyone got a clue?

Jussup

• Getbig II
« Reply #129 on: September 05, 2012, 01:43:34 PM »
I love sauls character!...

x10; can't tell how many times I laughed my ass off about this guy and his commercials. I love the sarcastic view on our society that is portrayed.
I read somewhere that they are considering to produce a spinoff revolving around Saul and his business...

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2012, 01:55:01 PM »
There has got to be some deeper symbolism connected to that Walt Whitman book. Anyone got a clue?

Whitman's one of the American greats.  But it's been so long that I read his stuff (I was always a Hemingway/Eliot/Joyce/Poe devotee), honestly, about all I can remember of the man and his work now's that he was gay.  I also recall that he spent most of his life writing Leaves of Grass, which could be significant.  It was also controversial IIRC, but that was largely given the literary climate at the time (yeah, I have a worthless BA in English).  It seemed like Whitman was more rooted in the real world, to the point that people initially found it obscene. 

Again, it's been a long time, but Walt White/Walt Whitman ... I'm sure someone more familiar with Leaves could draw countless parallels. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2012, 08:50:40 PM »

Very good point there. 

I think Walt ends up avoiding everyone out to kill him, and ends up succumbing to pneumonia while cuddling with his family or something.

As the meth battle rages, he just limps home, and the show ends with him smiling.  I dont think he dies by a bullet, no way they let the show end like that.

I agree.....there will be some poetic justice-type ending

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: September 05, 2012, 08:51:30 PM »
Just like in the next episode with the severed head on the turtle.Been sending my mate emails telling him how good this is and he`s just downloaded the first series now and watching episode 1.

yes...that head on the turtle thing was really far out....thanks for spreading the word

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2012, 08:53:06 PM »
LOS ANGELES—Following last Sunday’s Breaking Bad midseason finale, creator and showrunner Vince Gilligan told reporters that in a departure from the “light, fun tone” that has characterized the program thus far, the concluding episodes may take more of a darker turn. “Ever since the very first episode, in which [main character] Walt is diagnosed with cancer and forced to sell meth to provide for his pregnant wife and cerebral-palsy-stricken son, I’ve thought that perhaps one day we could begin taking the show in a grittier direction,” said Gilligan, adding that while the program’s ongoing depiction of a man slowly succumbing to an illegal lifestyle defined by power, violence, and alienation was fine for four and a half seasons, he “wouldn’t mind” eventually exploring some grimmer themes. “I know our audience has gotten comfortable seeing Walt regularly kill drug dealers, endanger his family, and poison small children, but, personally, I think people would be interested in seeing a slightly more sinister side to the character.” Gilligan’s announcement comes just weeks after fellow AMC showrunner Matthew Weiner announced it was “entirely conceivable that the next season of Mad Men may touch on how men deal with marriage.”

http://www.theonion.com/articles/breaking-bad-creator-thinking-maybe-next-season-sh,29445/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=manual&utm_campaign=fb-status:headline:cta-content

NICE...good post

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2012, 08:54:42 PM »
[SPOILERS]

I was happy to actually see a TV character on the toilet..LOL....but it was a great nod to the fact that we often do our best thinking while talking a shit

Everhard

• Getbig II
« Reply #135 on: September 05, 2012, 09:03:20 PM »
Did I miss it or why didn't Hank ever mention anything about Mike being killed?

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #136 on: September 05, 2012, 10:10:09 PM »
His murder is yet to be discovered by authorities...

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: September 05, 2012, 10:14:40 PM »
His murder is yet to be discovered by authorities...

yes as far as they know, Mike escaped

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #138 on: September 05, 2012, 11:42:33 PM »
yeah walt cooked the body and had todd compact the car.   nobody will ever find Mike. 

Todd is a cold blooded visionairy, a hard worker with ice in his veins.  I think he is the #1 threat in the last season. 

he passed up money, just to learn the business.  He wants to be parter, or he wants to be the king. 

One can only imagine the shitstorm that will arise in the final season, now that Hank knows, they'll have int'l heat coming down for that czech importing (they had to intro that for a reason). 

I still think he'll die of pneumonia.... oh, maybe it'll be in gretchen's arms... wouldn't that be a huge irony... this woman who has driven him for years, the antithesis of his existence... He'll die in the arms of Gretchen and he'll be the happiest man on the planet.

THAT would be some shakespherian shit...   yes, write it down, that's 240's prediction.  He succumbs to his illness in the arms of Gretchen.  And he's completely happy.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: September 06, 2012, 12:45:10 AM »
yeah walt cooked the body and had todd compact the car.   nobody will ever find Mike. 

Todd is a cold blooded visionairy, a hard worker with ice in his veins.  I think he is the #1 threat in the last season. 

he passed up money, just to learn the business.  He wants to be parter, or he wants to be the king. 

One can only imagine the shitstorm that will arise in the final season, now that Hank knows, they'll have int'l heat coming down for that czech importing (they had to intro that for a reason). 

I still think he'll die of pneumonia.... oh, maybe it'll be in gretchen's arms... wouldn't that be a huge irony... this woman who has driven him for years, the antithesis of his existence... He'll die in the arms of Gretchen and he'll be the happiest man on the planet.

THAT would be some shakespherian shit...   yes, write it down, that's 240's prediction.  He succumbs to his illness in the arms of Gretchen.  And he's completely happy.

Nice theory......but I also think that Ricin is going to come into play as well..maybe Walt gets sloppy and leaves it for his infant daughter to find and she dies of poisoning?...I also think that watch Jesse gave him for his birthday will come into play...he showed it to hank and told hank it was a present...maybe ?Walt fucks up and leaves it at a crime scene thus confirming for Hank that Walt is is Heisenberg

whitewidow

« Reply #140 on: September 06, 2012, 03:54:25 AM »
If you watch carefully when hank comes home and marie says turn the news off hank is in a bad mood. Hank offers walt a drink if you look at walt look at hanks drink he is think how micely the ricin would dissolve in the alcohol. he might get hank with the ricin. I just think they shuold of ended the show with this last episode. everybody was happy and you got the feeling hank knew who heisenberg was but you never get to see if he does anything about it. would of been a good ending in my eyes.if sundays episode was the last I would of thought it was badass. I bet the next season will not be as good.

Now was this season originally just 8 episodes or was it 16 episodes and they just decided to split them in two seasons. In other wars did any more filming take place? or where the 16 episodes already made I assume so since the first scene had walt buying fake ID or something shadey in dennys.walt has become heartless.Tod and walt ae a good match. jesse was to sensitive.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #141 on: September 06, 2012, 05:29:41 AM »

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #142 on: September 06, 2012, 07:07:35 AM »
If you watch carefully when hank comes home and marie says turn the news off hank is in a bad mood. Hank offers walt a drink if you look at walt look at hanks drink he is think how micely the ricin would dissolve in the alcohol. he might get hank with the ricin. I just think they shuold of ended the show with this last episode. everybody was happy and you got the feeling hank knew who heisenberg was but you never get to see if he does anything about it. would of been a good ending in my eyes.if sundays episode was the last I would of thought it was badass. I bet the next season will not be as good.

Now was this season originally just 8 episodes or was it 16 episodes and they just decided to split them in two seasons. In other wars did any more filming take place? or where the 16 episodes already made I assume so since the first scene had walt buying fake ID or something shadey in dennys.walt has become heartless.Tod and walt ae a good match. jesse was to sensitive.

I read an interview with the writer of the show.  He said that because of the 16 episode final season they slowed things down a bit for the first 8, but says the last 8 will be fast paced with a ton of stuff in it. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #143 on: September 06, 2012, 07:08:37 AM »
My prediction.
Everyone dies.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #144 on: September 06, 2012, 07:13:35 AM »
My prediction.
Everyone dies.

Imagine if everyone dies but Walt

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #145 on: September 06, 2012, 07:16:55 AM »
Imagine if everyone dies but Walt
I see a Tony Montana style last stand for Walt. An M60 is serious business.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: September 06, 2012, 07:49:53 AM »
I see a Tony Montana style last stand for Walt. An M60 is serious business.

agreed

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #147 on: September 07, 2012, 12:21:30 AM »

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #148 on: September 07, 2012, 12:25:35 AM »

As I see it, the creators of the show are trying to portray Todd as simple minded, but with a very stubborn purpose to succeed in this life of crime.
Do you agree?

whitewidow

« Reply #149 on: September 07, 2012, 12:32:59 AM »
what the hell kind of car did walt buy? a bentley? I know he bought walt jr a dodge challenger. I couldn't make out walts model. look like a bentley anybody know for sure?