Author Topic: Breaking Bad - Who is watching it?  (Read 48205 times)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: OK...WHOSE WATCHING BREAKING BAD???
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2012, 12:35:14 PM »
very little meth is made in the Usa these days since the controlled output of pseudo. there are huge manufacturing plants in central america and ,most of it is made now in mexico with mules bringing it back stacked in a car. It would be very easy for the us govt to shut down production of this drug  by shutting down the plants that make the main ingredient but I think they would lose out on the profittable ''war on drugs'' game.

Great article about that very subject:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-post-economics-breaking-bad

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2012, 12:58:11 PM »
MY PREDICTIONS FOR NEXT YEARS SIX REMAINING EPISODES:

6. Another alternate ending will be Walt loses everything, extricates himself from the drug business, is able to elude detection by Hank, and simply returns to being a lowly $40,000 a year chemistry teacher again thus coming full circle but losing his money, wife, kids, friends, and relegated to dying alone

WHAT DO YOU GUYS PREDICT?

I don't agree with 6. I think shit will go down hard next year. Real hard.

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2012, 01:54:17 PM »
 ;D

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2012, 01:58:00 PM »

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2012, 02:00:21 PM »

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2012, 04:15:57 PM »
There's been a lot of parallels with scarface and heat this season.  Couple that with him buying an M-16.  This cat is going out Tony Montana style or somehow Hank will swoop in to save his life.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2012, 04:46:30 PM »

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2012, 10:38:40 PM »
Finished series 1 and watched episode 1 of series 2,give me another week and i`ll have caught up with you guys.Every episode gets better and better.

good job dude....your impressions so far??

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2012, 11:21:55 PM »
One of the best tv shows I've ever seen. Didn't think the actor that plays Walt could pull it off after being such convincingly whiny bitch of a dad on Malcom in the Middle.  This mofo is a great actor.

Great writing and characters on that show.  Gus was a smooth, calculating SOB. Mike was...well Mike but played a great role.  You can't say enough about Walt, Skylar, Hank, his wife (FILTY Thief!) and ol' b-b-b-breakfast boy.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2012, 11:55:18 PM »
No. No.  It is from Gail.  It is the same inscription that Gale had in his cook book.  He even spelled honor like honour with the u.  

I hope they have a flashback about the book.
you're right about this...I remember now Gale giving Walt a book as a present to make peace between them

This is ambiguous...

1) You never actually see Gale give the book to Walter...In the episode "Sunset"...the episode when Gale and Walter first meet, Gale quotes the poem.  A few scene later, Walter is in his apartment looking over the book "Leaves of Grass" and there is a close up of the inscription.

2) Gretchen in the 1980's was Walter's lab assistant before she married Elliot.  Walter and Gretchen seemed to have had a close friendship going that came close to a romance.  Gretchen, however, chose Elliot over Walter.  The inscription on the poetry book looks very much like a "consolation gift" to a rejected lover.  Walter in the scenes with the book seems to venerate it as an emotional keepsake.  

3) There is some argument over the similar handwriting styles of both the inscription and the lab book.  Both Gretchen and Gale have science backgrounds.  Some universities have classes for engineering/science students to teach that style of block lettering.  At the University of Houston the class was called "Engineering Graphics 100".  These classes seek to standardize the appearance of handwritten documents.

4) It is very much more in keeping with the "Greek Tragedy" style of the production to have something that deceives Hank into thinking that both documents were written by Gale...but actually are unrelated, but still serves the purpose of putting him on the right track.

This is why I think the poetry book is from Gretchen...

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2012, 03:26:47 AM »
good job dude....your impressions so far??

Is it just me,or does anyone else think Walt looks like Geraldo  ;D ;D.absolutley top notch acting from all the main cast,plus i like the little flashbacks that you get at the start,and then find out what that means later in the episode.Just seen the 2 episodes with the one eyed teddy bear in the pool,so i`m thinking this will mean something later on in the series.And that twitter message just above with the DING DING DING is fuckin hilarious,seeing as how i`ve just watched that episode.Getting through 4 a day at the moment.

whitewidow

« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2012, 04:41:14 AM »
I love sauls character! he could be the key to. he poisoned the kid for walt. jesse still might find out about that and mike. Plus one think I thought of is they had jesse on video making meth in mexico. he might of been suited up the whole time. but I do remember the cartel videotaping jesse making the meth.

NO the nod from Tod was just to vouch for walt. And to take him seriously kind of a he is the man nod. Do what he says. Tod is not the boss of anybody!He was just vouching for walt and the importance of the task at hand. I wish they just woud of made that the last episode. I am sick of depressing endings. If that was the last episode it would of been good and not depressing. In a way everybody got what they wanted. would of been a great ending in my eyes.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2012, 05:35:59 AM »
One of the best tv shows I've ever seen. Didn't think the actor that plays Walt could pull it off after being such convincingly whiny bitch of a dad on Malcom in the Middle.  This mofo is a great actor.

Great writing and characters on that show.  Gus was a smooth, calculating SOB. Mike was...well Mike but played a great role.  You can't say enough about Walt, Skylar, Hank, his wife (FILTY Thief!) and ol' b-b-b-breakfast boy.

agreed.....I didn't see the Malcolm in the middle actor as pulling off the role either...I think thats why I didn't start watching till season 3 was over....my son kept telling me I had to see this show so I was curious.....Gus has got to be one of the best villians in TV history...the way he died was amazing as well....it was just like his character to go out the way he did

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2012, 05:41:02 AM »
Is it just me,or does anyone else think Walt looks like Geraldo  ;D ;D.absolutley top notch acting from all the main cast,plus i like the little flashbacks that you get at the start,and then find out what that means later in the episode.Just seen the 2 episodes with the one eyed teddy bear in the pool,so i`m thinking this will mean something later on in the series.And that twitter message just above with the DING DING DING is fuckin hilarious,seeing as how i`ve just watched that episode.Getting through 4 a day at the moment.

agreed..the acting is very good....the concept of the show is very original..something we haven't seen on TV ever...they would never be able to have a show like this with the concept that it has, on a regular network TV station.....yes you are right...that one-eyed teddy bear means something ominous is going to happen...and the Hector Salamanca character is a pisser...LOL

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2012, 05:45:29 AM »
I love sauls character! he could be the key to. he poisoned the kid for walt. jesse still might find out about that and mike. Plus one think I thought of is they had jesse on video making meth in mexico. he might of been suited up the whole time. but I do remember the cartel videotaping jesse making the meth.

NO the nod from Tod was just to vouch for walt. And to take him seriously kind of a he is the man nod. Do what he says. Tod is not the boss of anybody!He was just vouching for walt and the importance of the task at hand. I wish they just woud of made that the last episode. I am sick of depressing endings. If that was the last episode it would of been good and not depressing. In a way everybody got what they wanted. would of been a great ending in my eyes.

yes thats what I got out of that as well.....Saul's character is really good.....I love the irony.....Saul has commercials which say "Gotta go with Saul"...and because Mike DID NOT go with Saul, he was exposed and that was his downfall..LOL...and like I said earlier..I think maybe that was SUPPOSED to be the last episode but they decided to lengthen the show because its so goods and I'm sure its a cash cow for the producers and AMC

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2012, 05:46:33 AM »

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2012, 07:43:40 AM »
Just watched the peekaboo episode where the skank tipped the ATM machine on his head hahaha.and just realized that Gretchen is the woman who played the lesbian in Friends,the one who is with Ross` first wife.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2012, 07:59:46 AM »
I'm hoping that somehow they get chased or killed and the cash in the storage locker gets forgotten and then a year later some mexican in some storage auction wins it for $50 and finds all that cash.  lol.

Cranston plays an awesome Walt.  That thick goatee and the bald head and ominous stare.  But I do think he looks like a douche with his heisenberg hat on.

I am a little hesitant though to think Walt ever gets killed or caught.  He has spent 5 seasons dodging every kind of bullet that came at him.

The cat and mouse with Hank should be a fun remaining 8 episodes.

I love the DING DING DING.  I can picture people getting facebook updates from Hector with DINGs in it.  lol

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2012, 08:01:16 AM »
This is ambiguous...

1) You never actually see Gale give the book to Walter...In the episode "Sunset"...the episode when Gale and Walter first meet, Gale quotes the poem.  A few scene later, Walter is in his apartment looking over the book "Leaves of Grass" and there is a close up of the inscription.

2) Gretchen in the 1980's was Walter's lab assistant before she married Elliot.  Walter and Gretchen seemed to have had a close friendship going that came close to a romance.  Gretchen, however, chose Elliot over Walter.  The inscription on the poetry book looks very much like a "consolation gift" to a rejected lover.  Walter in the scenes with the book seems to venerate it as an emotional keepsake.  

3) There is some argument over the similar handwriting styles of both the inscription and the lab book.  Both Gretchen and Gale have science backgrounds.  Some universities have classes for engineering/science students to teach that style of block lettering.  At the University of Houston the class was called "Engineering Graphics 100".  These classes seek to standardize the appearance of handwritten documents.

4) It is very much more in keeping with the "Greek Tragedy" style of the production to have something that deceives Hank into thinking that both documents were written by Gale...but actually are unrelated, but still serves the purpose of putting him on the right track.

This is why I think the poetry book is from Gretchen...
You know the penmanship is different.  Look at the W, the R and the S.  They are different in both.  But leave it to Gretchen to fuck Walt out of two fortunes.  One for Grey Matter and one from his meth business.

Jizzacked

« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2012, 08:02:30 AM »

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2012, 08:51:04 AM »
Just watched the peekaboo episode where the skank tipped the ATM machine on his head hahaha.and just realized that Gretchen is the woman who played the lesbian in Friends,the one who is with Ross` first wife.

That ATM scene was a "holy shit" moment

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #121 on: September 05, 2012, 09:43:35 AM »
That ATM scene was a "holy shit" moment

Just like in the next episode with the severed head on the turtle.Been sending my mate emails telling him how good this is and he`s just downloaded the first series now and watching episode 1.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #122 on: September 05, 2012, 10:05:17 AM »
But leave it to Gretchen to fuck Walt out of two fortunes.  One for Grey Matter and one from his meth business.

Very good point there. 

I think Walt ends up avoiding everyone out to kill him, and ends up succumbing to pneumonia while cuddling with his family or something.

As the meth battle rages, he just limps home, and the show ends with him smiling.  I dont think he dies by a bullet, no way they let the show end like that.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #123 on: September 05, 2012, 10:40:15 AM »
It's a damn shame we need to wait 10 months for the final 8 episodes.  At least they could have made the finale a 2 hour uninterruped movie or something.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2012, 12:08:01 PM »
LOS ANGELES—Following last Sunday’s Breaking Bad midseason finale, creator and showrunner Vince Gilligan told reporters that in a departure from the “light, fun tone” that has characterized the program thus far, the concluding episodes may take more of a darker turn. “Ever since the very first episode, in which [main character] Walt is diagnosed with cancer and forced to sell meth to provide for his pregnant wife and cerebral-palsy-stricken son, I’ve thought that perhaps one day we could begin taking the show in a grittier direction,” said Gilligan, adding that while the program’s ongoing depiction of a man slowly succumbing to an illegal lifestyle defined by power, violence, and alienation was fine for four and a half seasons, he “wouldn’t mind” eventually exploring some grimmer themes. “I know our audience has gotten comfortable seeing Walt regularly kill drug dealers, endanger his family, and poison small children, but, personally, I think people would be interested in seeing a slightly more sinister side to the character.” Gilligan’s announcement comes just weeks after fellow AMC showrunner Matthew Weiner announced it was “entirely conceivable that the next season of Mad Men may touch on how men deal with marriage.”

http://www.theonion.com/articles/breaking-bad-creator-thinking-maybe-next-season-sh,29445/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=manual&utm_campaign=fb-status:headline:cta-content