Author Topic: Ladies and Gentlemen, the greatest BODYBUILDER of all time, LEE HANEY!  (Read 34723 times)

Eric2

• Getbig IV
Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, the greatest BODYBUILDER of all time, LEE HANEY!
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2012, 08:08:20 AM »
Since the mid 70's i have always been a huge Arnold fan, no other bodybuilder had what he had for a total package. Amazing build huge and ripped and his drive likability and charisma where and still have been unequaled or matched. He was never defeated as Mr o and it was widely speculated that had he wanted he could have held every title from 1970 to near 1984..................th e dawn of Lee Haney.
    Lee Haney in my opinion had probably the most flawless build of any Mr O before or since. When he ruled he epitomized the height of bodybuilding to the score of how far one could go without looking like a blob of shit like so many since him. Every muscle group of Haneys seemed to be cut from granite, he had the mass and yet still cut to shreds. Although Arnold to me is still the greatest in terms of overall accomplishments and what he has done for the sport like non other, Lee had the better build.
h

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2012, 09:05:45 AM »

who knows what he might have looked like had he had a touch of the downs and didn't limit himself.

;D

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2012, 09:15:43 AM »
Just under 6ft, 250lbs, conditioned and the ability to do a vacuum. In 83 samir displayed the best back yet on a olympia stage, and haney took it to yet another level

How would've yates and ronnie stacked up against haney if they were competing in the 80s against him? I give it to haney

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2012, 09:18:37 AM »
16 Olympias

whitewidow

« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2012, 09:28:35 AM »
I met him his cycle was insane! he went on long ass cycles with alot of tren for extended periods.
Not only tren but the man loved halotesten for long periods and anadrol. most people use anadol just to jumpstart a cycle. Haney used anadrol 6months out of the year,and tren almost all year

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2012, 09:34:07 AM »
I met him his cycle was insane! he went on long ass cycles with alot of tren for extended periods.
Not only tren but the man loved halotesten for long periods and anadrol. most people use anadol just to jumpstart a cycle. Haney used anadrol 6months out of the year,and tren almost all year

I heard he was a fan of sustanon (1 amp per day) and I also heard he loved anadrol and parabolin.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2012, 10:11:35 AM »

WW, what about GH?

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2012, 10:14:45 AM »

How do you know what he took for how long? Did he or his dealer tell you this?

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2012, 02:33:01 PM »
I have the 1990 Olympia recorded from TV and all I can say is Haney was completely off that year. He looked like he was competing in the off-season. When he hits the rear double biceps pose during the posing round the commentator asks Frank Zane if he can see some fat in Haney's back and replies there is a little looseness in the lower back. Both Frank Zane and the commentator sound surprised when Haney is announced the winner. Zane said he thought it was Lee Labrada's year and thought he should've been the winner.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2012, 02:56:05 PM »
I have the 1990 Olympia recorded from TV and all I can say is Haney was completely off that year. He looked like he was competing in the off-season. When he hits the rear double biceps pose during the posing round the commentator asks Frank Zane if he can see some fat in Haney's back and replies there is a little looseness in the lower back. Both Frank Zane and the commentator sound surprised when Haney is announced the winner. Zane said he thought it was Lee Labrada's year and thought he should've been the winner.

No shit, that was Lee's year, he was the only one who brought it all together. But all of the modern O's have had gifts. So it's nothing unusual.
Trans Milkshake.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2012, 05:21:02 PM »
Haney is undefeated as Mr. O, he never lost his crown.

Neither did Yates, Schwarzenegger, Scott, or Columbu (and, if you want to split hairs, Dickerson). But, I don't think you'd quite put them, at least not Scott or Columbu, in the same category. And Scott never lost at an Olympia, period.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2012, 05:24:02 PM »
Neither did Yates, Schwarzenegger, Scott, or Columbu (and, if you want to split hairs, Dickerson). But, I don't think you'd quite put them, at least not Scott or Columbu, in the same category. And Scott never lost at an Olympia, period.

Scott is the ONLY Olympian to win on his first try too.

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2012, 06:33:41 PM »
i know a vet who trained with haney in the mid 80's
when he told haney he did for a living, Lee's "eyes lit up like a kid in a candy shop" quote unquote the vet
also the vet stumbled in  on Lee injecting steroids into his biceps in the change rooms post work out
Lee was also saying " i needed to bring up mydamn arms" so he saw them as a weak point

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2012, 07:01:54 PM »
i know a vet who trained with haney in the mid 80's
when he told haney he did for a living, Lee's "eyes lit up like a kid in a candy shop" quote unquote the vet
also the vet stumbled in  on Lee injecting steroids into his biceps in the change rooms post work out
Lee was also saying " i needed to bring up mydamn arms" so he saw them as a weak point

LMFAO your bullshit knows no bounds does it.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2012, 07:34:29 PM »
You'd have too go way back to the early 1970s to find another O with that sort of Mass, Taper, and Waist size Oliva in those years would of been in the 28-30inch waist range @ 235-240lbs

Pish pash. 30" waists. That is a moderately petite female waist. Not something for the ultra muscular male. I mean, Jesus Christ. Think for a second.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2012, 08:23:14 PM »
FUCK YOU ALL! HAVE A GREAT EVENING!

In compliance with all IFBB rules and regulations.
Proportions, Symmetry, Muscularity, Separation, Posing.  Read the IFBB RULE Book.
8 Mr. Os and UNDEFEATED AS Mr. Olympia.
Least amount of flaws vs. Ronnie and Dorian.

Lee will have his respect! >:(

;D

I agree, one of the best Mr. Olympias ever.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2012, 08:28:51 PM »
Scott is the ONLY Olympian to win on his first try too.

These guys almost did it on their first shot as O rookies (finished 2nd):

Levrone
Oliva.
Arnold.
Yates.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2012, 08:35:22 PM »
One of the best for sure.

Lee Haney - 1991 Mr. Olympia DVD Pics!!!

More Pics  Lee Haney 1991 Mr Olympia

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2012, 08:48:17 PM »
LMFAO your bullshit knows no bounds does it.

LMFAP @ your blind belief that all the BB magazines say is the gospel truth

unlike you i have spoken with many pro BB's and industry insiders about the BB industry and know the real storied

magazines= BS

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2012, 08:55:39 PM »
Haney was indeed one of the greats.

Can someone explain this to me, because I just don't get it.

Why are today's pros such garbage?

1. Simply a lack of prime specimens in the gene pool (ala Haney, Arnold, etc.)?

2. Laziness ... don't want to train as hard and rely too much on drugs?

Regardless, shouldn't we still see a few stand out pros who look like guys in the past?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2012, 08:56:30 PM »
These guys almost did it on their first shot as O rookies (finished 2nd):

Levrone
Oliva.
Arnold.
Yates.

Don't forget Ken Waller and Mike Mentzer. They won the over-200-lb. class at the Olympia but lost the overall titles to Franco Columbu and Frank Zane, respectively.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2012, 09:17:00 PM »
Haney was good for his time, and his record can't be argued with. Good bodybuilder, pleasing physique, and a great family man.

But once Dorian came along, it was lights out, game over. Haney knew this and rightfully stepped aside.

A little revisionist history here?

Yates came along and Haney beat him, straight up. He didn't step aside for anything. The only thing left for him to accomplish was to break Arnold's record. Once he did that, there was nothing else left.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2012, 12:15:21 AM »

I liked haney, and would've loved to see labrada take it

But, only guys in shape were shawn and christian. Since christian had a very poor lower body, and ray looked fantastic, that was shawn rays year.

Plus benfatto looked much better than a very off gaspari, yet placed behind him

nkhp

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2012, 12:44:11 AM »
Haney was indeed one of the greats.

Can someone explain this to me, because I just don't get it.

Why are today's pros such garbage?

1. Simply a lack of prime specimens in the gene pool (ala Haney, Arnold, etc.)?

2. Laziness ... don't want to train as hard and rely too much on drugs?

Regardless, shouldn't we still see a few stand out pros who look like guys in the past?

Its got to be the reliance on and doing too much juice, add in too much insulin with GH and the builds take on the bodybulking look not bodybuilding anymore.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2012, 12:44:39 AM »
IMO haney had no weak parts,.. even his weaker parts were not weak!!..