Author Topic: rack BB flat press  (Read 1737 times)

shoe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
rack BB flat press
« on: November 20, 2005, 06:10:04 AM »
I train early morning and have been doing my benching in the rack with the pins at my chest level and bringing the BB down to 1 inch befor my chest and I was thinking about trying to start from the bottom and press the weight up then down slowly, anyone try this? and benifit from starting at the bottom?
Rob

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: rack BB flat press
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 09:05:25 AM »
When I do benches or inclines I start from a dead stop (slight pause) at the bottom pin on each rep. This would also include weighted dips. Your going to use maybe 20 or 30 lbs less without the help of the ballistic/rebound effect off the chest each rep. The weakest point for most trainee's is the bottom third of the lift, so the rebound/speed helps getting the weight started up again.  After a while the strength level from the bottom position should equal  out when starting from the dead stop position. Overall more total power can be developed from this method. More chest size should also be noticed.

From time to time I'll start from a dead stop when doing squats, something that takes time to get use too but worth the effort. Just consider that most DL's start from a dead stop also, as do cleans, rows, etc. Good Luck.

shoe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: rack BB flat press
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 09:18:01 AM »
thanks.