Author Topic: Lee Haney versus the current crop  (Read 38754 times)

wild willie

• Getbig V
Re: Lee Haney versus the current crop
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2012, 12:29:22 PM »

True, But Haney was the mass monster of his era, Guys like Demay, Paris, Benfatto et cetera had prettier physiques, so to say lets take it back to Haney's day because he has better aesthetics is slightly off base because that isn't why he won.

But yeah he looked a lot better than a lot of the Olympia competitors.
Pound for pound.....Lee Haney and Samir Bannout had two of the best backs of all time.

Lee never had a gut.....always displayed a tight physique with a wasp waist and he had a very aesthetic body.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2012, 01:40:12 PM »
This is actually Ronnie 96 already starting to show  :-\

Isn't that pic from the 1997 AC?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2012, 01:42:30 PM »
Isn't that pic from the 1997 AC?

It might be , I thought it was 1996  ???

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2012, 01:50:36 PM »
This is actually Ronnie 96 already starting to show  :-\
everybody has a gut. period. not just bodybuilders and not just bodybuilders on loads of gh and insulin eeating massive amounts of food and doing heavy squats and deadlifts.  its simply a matter of how much attention you give to keeping it tight all the time. even lee haney and even frank zane could let have their stomach relax and have a protruding little gut. and in 2005 when ronnie spent the year focusing on smaller food portions and wearing a tight lifting bbelt during every workout, his waist got significantly smaller and he didnt have much of any gut at all that year. in fact i think he was even able to do a bit of a vaccuum.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2012, 01:55:30 PM »
everybody has a gut. period. not just bodybuilders and not just bodybuilders on loads of gh and insulin eeating massive amounts of food and doing heavy squats and deadlifts.  its simply a matter of how much attention you give to keeping it tight all the time. even lee haney and even frank zane could let have their stomach relax and have a protruding little gut. and in 2005 when ronnie spent the year focusing on smaller food portions and wearing a tight lifting bbelt during every workout, his waist got significantly smaller and he didnt have much of any gut at all that year. in fact i think he was even able to do a bit of a vaccuum.

Not true , you never seen one on Levrone , Ray , Flex , Priest , Melvin , Zane , Labrada , I could go on

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2012, 01:59:27 PM »
you can see it on them in their workout videos at times.

the guys who can pull off a vaccuum are usually the guys who practice doing it. who walk around with their guts sucked in tight all day long. who are obsessed with that particular look of a sucked in abdomen.

the guys who have a big gut are usually the guys who walk around with their stomachs relaxed and slightly protruding all day long. who push their abs out when lifting heavy. who eat big portions and care about overall mass and not really aesthetics as much.

but even those guys who have a tiny little waist and a walk around with it sucked in all day long can relax the stomach and have the gut protrude.

and those guys who have a big gut can, over time, bring it back in.

not to say that this excuses having a big ole' gut, or diminishes having a wasp waist.  just to say that you cant take one shot of a guy with his stomach stuck out and totally dismiss his aesthetics because of it.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2012, 02:27:01 PM »
It might be , I thought it was 1996  ???

Ronnie didn't take part at the 1996 AC. Also, the background looks the same as the 1997 AC.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2012, 02:53:03 PM »
This is actually Ronnie 96 already starting to show

how long was Dorian a pro before he started to show? :-\

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2012, 02:57:32 PM »
how long was Dorian a pro before he started to show? :-\

Not long 93 so that would be 3 years

The first pro I ever recall having a noticeable gut was Momo

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2012, 02:59:03 PM »
Some of you blokes are confusing insulin size......with quality muscle size.....BIG DIFFERENCE!

AND YES......I STAND BY MY EARLIER STATEMENT......THESE BBERS TODAY ARE DUMP TRUCKS.....

LEE HANEY IS A PORSCHE!!!
yes I agree but I don't understand what you said "he would beat the pros of today" please explain this.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2012, 03:03:54 PM »
Ronnie didn't take part at the 1996 AC. Also, the background looks the same as the 1997 AC.

good catch

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2012, 03:31:53 PM »
Not long 93 so that would be 3 years

The first pro I ever recall having a noticeable gut was Momo

Momo was an extremist! He had so much muscle. I saw walking around at the Arnold in 1992 and he was sooooo wide for such a shot guy. He had to be no taller than 5'3

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2012, 03:49:27 PM »
Momo was an extremist! He had so much muscle. I saw walking around at the Arnold in 1992 and he was sooooo wide for such a shot guy. He had to be no taller than 5'3

He was also one of the biggest drug users.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2012, 04:05:24 PM »
A lot of people thinking they'll out argue ND........

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2012, 04:07:16 PM »
A lot of people thinking they'll out argue ND........

;D  8)  :P  :-X

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2012, 04:11:31 PM »
yes I agree but I don't understand what you said "he would beat the pros of today" please explain this.
If you take his physique and put it up against anyone else.....he should win.

period....paragraph.  These other blokes are lab experiments that have gone wrong.

Lee had quality muscle.....not insulin muscle.....no synthol in his body.

The guys today are full of muscle tears.....synthol.....an d just look horrid......the true meaning of bbing is quality muscle with a small midsection......and not lumps and bumps......and bruises.

Lee wins out because of his polished and tapered physique.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2012, 04:16:05 PM »

period....paragraph.  These other blokes are lab experiments that have gone wrong.

The guys today are full of muscle tears.....synthol.....an d just look horrid......the true meaning of bbing is quality muscle with a small midsection......and not lumps and bumps......and bruises.

Lee wouldn't win , he had to many flaws that he could get away with until Dorian , Lenda Murray was doing commentary on the 1991 Mr Olympia and said Dorian was like Haney only with legs. His quads were good but his hams and calves were way behind

I get your point out these guys being on another level drug wise but it is what it is, what would really be interesting is to compare these guys using only what Haney was doing and see where they would be. I like Haney one of my favorites and was the Mr Olympia when I first started lifting but he wouldn't be able to beat someone like Phil Heath or Ronnie Coleman , I recall Muscle & Fitness saying that Flex Wheeler would beat Haney and I think he would

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2012, 04:18:21 PM »

I see and I have mixed feelings about this but physiques without bellies are way better IMO. However we know the judges don't feel the same way.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2012, 04:26:34 PM »
Lee wouldn't win , he had to many flaws that he could get away with until Dorian , Lenda Murray was doing commentary on the 1991 Mr Olympia and said Dorian was like Haney only with legs. His quads were good but his hams and calves were way behind

I get your point out these guys being on another level drug wise but it is what it is, what would really be interesting is to compare these guys using only what Haney was doing and see where they would be. I like Haney one of my favorites and was the Mr Olympia when I first started lifting but he wouldn't be able to beat someone like Phil Heath or Ronnie Coleman , I recall Muscle & Fitness saying that Flex Wheeler would beat Haney and I think he would
Yes.....that is what I mean.....don't use the bull shit insulin and synthol.....just use deca....anavar....cyp... anadrol.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2012, 04:30:31 PM »
I said Lee versus the current crop......not Flex.....Flex has been done for years......but since you mention Flex.....he didn't have Haney's chest.....and his calves may have been implants.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2012, 04:30:34 PM »
Good to see TotaLee Awesome Lee Haney getting alot more respect lately.  Carry on.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2012, 04:33:41 PM »
I said Lee versus the current crop......not Flex.....Flex has been done for years......but since you mention Flex.....he didn't have Haney's chest.....and his calves may have been implants.

not implants, just lots & lots of oil.
a

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2012, 04:51:04 PM »
not implants, just lots & lots of oil.
LOL.....How have you been Tommy? You have to start your thread up again and start telling old tales from the Gold's Venice days.

POTA

« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2012, 12:27:39 PM »

Show only from the neck down and don't put him next to anyone and Shawn looks nearly identical to Ronnie.