Author Topic: Does anyone train with strict form anymore?  (Read 3009 times)

big E

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Does anyone train with strict form anymore?
« on: November 21, 2005, 12:43:02 PM »
I have the opportunity to train at several different gyms. What i dont see to much anymore are people who are more worried about controlling the weight ( slow, squeeze at the top and 2-3 second negative) than the weight controlling them. Does anyone out there still train strict or do you measure your success by the amount of weight you used.
Thaiboxing,Bjj

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
Re: Does anyone train with strict form anymore?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 01:07:25 PM »
I have the opportunity to train at several different gyms. What i dont see to much anymore are people who are more worried about controlling the weight ( slow, squeeze at the top and 2-3 second negative) than the weight controlling them. Does anyone out there still train strict or do you measure your success by the amount of weight you used.

it all depends.  when i started, i learned how to control the weight and contract the muscle.  However, now, i use a looser form- not that i'm using bad form, or bringing in improper muscle groups, but in my opinion a slow and controlled deadlift or bench press is just tripe.  I say, learn how to use your muscles and feel them, but once you do so, you gotta bang out the big weights to get bigger.
:-)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 01:20:04 PM »
Form is no doubt the key to succes in this game.  bad form = bad injury = no muscle gains = that SUCKS big time!

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 02:05:20 PM »
Actually, form is irrelevant to muscle gains. Nobody ever got big/strong using strict form on every exercise.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

negative51

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 03:11:57 PM »
The more roids used the worse a person's form can be and still make gains.  The less roids in your system the more directly one must hit the muscle to get it to grow.  It is has been said before but is still very true...the biggest guys (roiders) often have the poorest form.  That said, I have no disrespect for the decision a person makes to use steriods.  More power to them bc they work....except for Ronnie Coleman who is "natural".  wahahaha

XS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 03:30:59 PM »
YES!    Don't be a sheep.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 06:37:57 PM »
The more roids used the worse a person's form can be and still make gains.  The less roids in your system the more directly one must hit the muscle to get it to grow.  It is has been said before but is still very true...the biggest guys (roiders) often have the poorest form.  That said, I have no disrespect for the decision a person makes to use steriods.  More power to them bc they work....except for Ronnie Coleman who is "natural".  wahahaha
Wrong!!!

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 07:06:37 PM »
Actually, form is irrelevant to muscle gains. Nobody ever got big/strong using strict form on every exercise.

That's total bullshit.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 07:19:37 PM »
not TOTAL bullshit but a little..i think its alright to do at least 3 clean sets and then go heavy enough to have to cheat but not too much.
bodybuildersreality.com

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 06:49:26 AM »
who the hell would cheat on stuff like bench squats or deads or military presses.  a lil levrage on side raises the last rep of a curl stuff like that but people get carried away with cheating. i do kinda agree with the juice thing and bad form not that people who use nesscarily have bad form just that most of the clean trainers you see who use bad form get very little gains from it.

big E

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2005, 06:54:31 AM »
I get absolutely no mind muscle connection when i cheat. And i have found that if a certain bodypart isn't responding its most likely from lack of mind muscle connection/Intensity.
Thaiboxing,Bjj