Author Topic: Houston officer kills double amputee in wheelchair  (Read 22373 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: Houston officer kills double amputee in wheelchair
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2012, 08:15:32 AM »
Bet the Pig killed him to keep his astronaut space pen

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2012, 08:23:23 AM »
threatening a police officer?  at this time in the society's developement?  In the current politcal climate?  in Texas????

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2012, 08:32:19 AM »
All they had to do is tip the guy over.  ???  I'm guessing both these cops are a less than nimble 300+.

No way the shooter ever lives this shit down.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2012, 08:33:20 AM »
Amputees are not to be trifled with.  They can do serious damage when they put their remaining limbs to work.   :o :o :o

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2012, 08:56:03 AM »
..he did say, "put your hands up" ...
L

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2012, 09:54:23 AM »
They didn't know it was a pen, all they knew is that this man was being very hostile and threatening the officer verbally and he was trying to stab him.  When you are a cop, you are trained to act fast and take no risks, they did what they were trained to do.  It was a judgement call.

Its not like he just shot him just to be an asshole, he shot him because he thought him and his partners life were in jeopardy!

It sucks and its a shitty situation!  But not being in the cop's shoes its very easy to sit here online and point fingers, I repeat... day in and day out these cops deal with the lowest of the low, so they are always on edge and always have their guard up!

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME ?????
YOU KEEP JUSTIFY A COP WHO JUST KILLED A DOUBLE AMPUTEE ON THE WEELCHAIR BECAUSE HE WAS HOSTILE AND WAS VERBALLY THREATENING HIM !!!
WHAT THE FUCK ! YOU JUSTIFY A COWARD COP WHO FELT HIS LIFE IN DANGER BECAUSE HE WAS CORNERED BY A DOUBLE AMPUTEE IN A WEELCHAIR WITH A PEN !!!
THIS FUCKING COP IS WORST THAN GEORGE ZIMMERMAN!!! >:(

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2012, 10:02:56 AM »
Gun 1st
rubber bullets 2nd
Tazer 3rd
Baton 4th
Flashlight 5th
Martial arts 6th
Hand cuffs 7th

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2012, 10:25:38 AM »

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2012, 12:34:19 PM »
they did the right thing

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2012, 12:42:21 PM »
If you don't want to die, listen to the fucking cops. Don't be a shit magnet by waving an object around. Do what they ask.

Bailiff, next case please.

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2012, 12:46:19 PM »
TBF, once he started threatening officers with the pen he didnt have a leg to stand on.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2012, 12:49:50 PM »
That cop's an asshole....I heard he went for the donut shop immediately afterwards.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2012, 12:49:56 PM »
Lets put a face to the Ball Point Bic pen warrior

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2012, 12:52:53 PM »
this is such bullshit, i mean why shot the guy? they should have shot the tires on his wheel chair first so he wouldnt wheel away , then from behind put him in the million dollar dream

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2012, 12:54:45 PM »
I know my opinions sound very cold hearted....  but bear with me, none of us were there to say exactly what happened and how it looked.  

But the cop said he could not see what was in the mans hand... regardless of how close it was, maybe it was dark, maybe it was not so obvious it was a pen.  The point of the story is that the cops felt threatened.  

Sure if they knew it was a pen and still shot the guy regardless then that would be a dick move and completely unjustified.  But if they genuinely believed their life was in danger then i really cant blame them for what they did.  You all have to remember the situation could have been very heated, everyone is on edge, everyone is in a panic, everyone is yelling, this guy is being hostile and trying to stab a cop with an unidentified object (according to the cop).

Before you guys jump on me for sounding cold hearted , believe me i sympathize for this disabled man so much, my brother is handicapped and mentally disabled and i can see him maybe not able to control himself or his actions in stressful situations, so a scenario like that is my biggest fear regarding my brother....  but im looking at it from the other perspective.

If the cops really didnt know what was in his hands then it was a hostile situation and they acted by the book.

But if they did know it was a pen and still shot the guy, then obviously i would say they were out of line.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2012, 01:01:56 PM »

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2012, 01:02:58 PM »
One guy sneaks behind him, one guy has his attention from the front, front guy maces him, back guy flips his wheelchair....... Cuff him up.

Done.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2012, 01:05:01 PM »
Now the guy will NEVER win a medal at the Paralympics....how bout that huh ?

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2012, 01:05:51 PM »
This is how you handle biddness

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2012, 01:06:01 PM »
One guy sneaks behind him, one guy has his attention from the front, front guy maces him, back guy flips his wheelchair....... Cuff him up.

Done.

Sometimes you don't have so much time to react

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2012, 01:12:52 PM »
See, it's this line -

"She said the man came "within inches to a foot" of the officer and did not follow instructions to calm down and remain still."

That makes me think he was waving it around enough that the first cop knew what it was and wasn't that fearful. If he rolled up(no pun intended) on the guy fast and produced something silver....... then I'd have more sympathy.

MikMaq

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2012, 01:16:59 PM »
As someone else said, if he was close enough to feel threatened that he may be stabbed, then he was close enough to know it was a pen.

Second, there was apparently 2 officers there, since one officer was scared for his partners life. 2 officers couldnt take down a man with arm and one leg without killing him.
Remain still? The man's whole existence is practically in a still position. He has the ability to basically move 1 bodypart and use it as a weapon (his 1 arm).

Your acting as if the dude would of had a grip for writing. Obviously he would of had it across the palm of his hand. Moving rather quickly.

The difference between a drug needle user, and a crazy person is impossible to tell.
Your not gonna allow yourself to get stabbed with a needle, all on the hope the guy is clean.

Common sense, if you don't know and you got split second decision your seriously gonna risk getting aids.

MikMaq

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2012, 01:23:15 PM »

The owner of the group home, John Garcia, told the Houston Chronicle that the man had a history of mental illness and had been living at the house about 18 months. Garcia said the man had told him that he lost a leg above the knee and all of one arm when he was hit by a train.

How does one get hit by a train, it's not like your just gonna get sucker punched leaving the club.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2012, 01:26:17 PM »
This is how you handle biddness

lol

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2012, 01:33:07 PM »
I know my opinions sound very cold hearted....  but bear with me, none of us were there to say exactly what happened and how it looked.  

But the cop said he could not see what was in the mans hand... regardless of how close it was, maybe it was dark, maybe it was not so obvious it was a pen.  The point of the story is that the cops felt threatened.  

Sure if they knew it was a pen and still shot the guy regardless then that would be a dick move and completely unjustified.  But if they genuinely believed their life was in danger then i really cant blame them for what they did.  You all have to remember the situation could have been very heated, everyone is on edge, everyone is in a panic, everyone is yelling, this guy is being hostile and trying to stab a cop with an unidentified object (according to the cop).

Before you guys jump on me for sounding cold hearted , believe me i sympathize for this disabled man so much, my brother is handicapped and mentally disabled and i can see him maybe not able to control himself or his actions in stressful situations, so a scenario like that is my biggest fear regarding my brother....  but im looking at it from the other perspective.

If the cops really didnt know what was in his hands then it was a hostile situation and they acted by the book.

But if they did know it was a pen and still shot the guy, then obviously i would say they were out of line.

Exactly, and if you're a cop who can't regulate his feelings to think in a more rational manner, than you should not be a cop. I am not saying they aren't going to be on guard, but if you get that dysregulated so quickly, than the person should find a different occupation. Acting rash is never good.

Cops are not conditioned to regulate their themselves during these situations, which is not good. Imagine if every cop started shooting once their blood pressure was slightly raised. Saying "everyone is on edge and are panicking" is a lame excuse. IF they cant control being in high stressed environments, I say its time to become an IFBB pro or something.  :D
X