Author Topic: Educational Videos and Articles about Islam  (Read 228443 times)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: People who have become Muslim
« Reply #325 on: November 09, 2012, 10:27:15 AM »
If Christianity is about absolute monotheism then where do you get this whole triune God and trinity?

Jesus never preached it. Paul is the one responsible for it.

Like I said Jesus did not say Hear oh Israel your God is a triune God.

We already went over this a thousand times. Jesus prayed to God, not to himself. Jesus will be at the right hand of God, not to himself (confused?). Jesus doesn't know things that God knows.

Etc... you can only justify or explain these things like my dream as well with your own preconceived conjectures tailored by Pauline teachings.

If you didn't know anything about Paul's teachings, and I had a dream of Jesus telling me there is only ONE God, then would you conclude that it MUST be Jesus? It makes as much as sense as you having a dream of me, or someone else or Jesus or even satan telling you "There is only one God", it would not make you conclude that it must be the person who is saying it that is God.

Or we could just explain your dream thusly: "dreams are just dreams, not communications from beyond; they are mostly meaningless and you are a nutjob for believing that they are a phonecall from a deity."

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #326 on: November 09, 2012, 10:35:22 AM »

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #327 on: November 09, 2012, 02:47:24 PM »
'Islam is about real love, not just lust': The party girl who's embraced a new life as a Muslim convert

Her conversion from Ibiza party girl to hijab-wearing Muslim in barely three months may well raise a few eyebrows – and she admits that her friends probably think it’s another one of her fads.

But trainee teacher Heather Matthews, 27, says Islam has brought her ‘love and happiness’ that she never found in her old ‘shallow’ lifestyle.

Mrs Matthews, a mother of two, converted to the faith four weeks ago – two months after returning from a holiday in Ibiza. And she says that the photographs of the ‘old her’ taken on that trip show all that is wrong with Western images of beauty.

She said: ‘I thought I needed to act and dress in a certain way to feel good about myself. I see girls now and think about what image they are portraying to other people, especially men.

‘It is about self-respect. If you dress and act in a certain way, rightly or wrongly, you’ll be treated in a certain way.

‘Islam has taught me about real love, not false passion and lust. I can even see the logic in arranged marriage.’

A study by multi-faith group Faith Matters found the number of Muslim converts in Britain has now passed 100,000, doubling in ten years.

The report estimated nearly two-thirds of the new converts were women, with an average age of 27 – like Mrs Matthews.

Her path to conversion began when she tried to convince her ex-husband Jerrome, himself a Muslim convert, that the religion was wrong. She was ‘very suspicious’ of the faith, and began reading up on it to support her arguments.

Although they separated last year, she continued to learn about Islam – and identified with it more and more. Then, four weeks ago, she completed the ‘revert’ process. She said: ‘I underwent the ‘Shahadah’ ceremony of conversion to Islam by repeating a declaration of faith in front of the Imam at my local multi-faith centre.

‘I had several Muslim sisters with me and they bought me a hijab and Islamic books to celebrate. It was wonderful.’

But she admits that her friends have been shocked at her conversion to a religion which is often seen as being oppressive towards women.

‘People are probably thinking “Oh, it is just another one of Heather’s fads”. It isn’t. It is what I’ve been searching for during the times I’ve been filling my life with instant gratification,’ she said.

Mrs Matthews, from Preston, has also had a cautious reaction from her family. But it is the response from passers-by that surprised her the most – especially the effect of her headscarf.

‘No men try to chat me up. It is an idiot repellent. When I’m wearing the headscarf I can smile at people without them thinking it is a sexual advance,’ she said.

‘I definitely agree with Islam’s principles of not having sex with someone you’re not married to and to save your beauty for your husband. So I think my next partner would need to be a practising Muslim to understand.

‘It is easy for me to say this now, with hindsight, having made the mistakes, but I think I would have been better off with partners who my parents thought were suitable, learning to love them through friendship first.’ Mrs Matthews has given up alcohol, sticks to a halal diet and plans to fast during Ramadan. She has an English-language Koran which she reads daily, and wants to learn Arabic so that she can recite prayers five times a day.

But she will not be forcing Islam on to her daughters – Ellah, five, and two-year-old Halle – from her marriage to Jerrome.

‘People think I must be oppressed but I’m a strong, confident and free woman,’ she said. ‘I know I’m one of the most unlikely people to revert to Islam.

‘It astounds me. But I’ve done it for love and happiness and it has completely changed my life.’

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: November 09, 2012, 02:53:40 PM »
blah blah blah
‘People think I must be oppressed but I’m a strong, confident and free woman,’ she said. ‘I know I’m one of the most unlikely people to revert to Islam.
blah blah blah

re·vert
vb [rɪˈvɜːt] (intr; foll by to)
1. to go back to a former practice, condition or belief
2. to take up again or come back to a former topic
3. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Biology) Biology (of individuals, organs, etc.) to return to a more primitive, earlier, or simpler condition or type

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #329 on: November 09, 2012, 03:55:08 PM »
lol funny guy :)

In Islam we believe everyone is born pure and in a state of Islam, submission to God, however it is our parents and subsequent social environment that corrupts us and makes us out to be something else. Hence you'll see those that embrace Islam saying we have reverted back to Islam :) Of course it'll confuse a non-muslim.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #330 on: November 09, 2012, 07:31:53 PM »
Why is a Muslims body odour so rancid? Is it because they don't shower regularly, or because they wear impractical clothing for the weather conditions, or is it a combination of these?  Or do Muslims by Nature just smell bad as a result of their regular evil thoughts about killing non-muslims?  One thing is for certain, Muslims Stink!
V

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: November 09, 2012, 08:40:01 PM »
lol funny guy :)

Glad to see you at least have a sense of humor! ;D

In Islam we believe everyone is born pure and in a state of Islam, submission to God, however it is our parents and subsequent social environment that corrupts us and makes us out to be something else. Hence you'll see those that embrace Islam saying we have reverted back to Islam :) Of course it'll confuse a non-muslim.

Interesting, I did not know that; you learn something new every day. It's an explanation - perhaps even a plausible one - but ultimately, from where I stand, it reeks of "hand-waving".

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #332 on: November 09, 2012, 09:31:57 PM »
Why is a Muslims body odour so rancid? Is it because they don't shower regularly, or because they wear impractical clothing for the weather conditions, or is it a combination of these?  Or do Muslims by Nature just smell bad as a result of their regular evil thoughts about killing non-muslims?  One thing is for certain, Muslims Stink!

running out of antimuslim pics are we?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #333 on: November 09, 2012, 10:08:53 PM »

V

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #334 on: November 10, 2012, 04:08:25 AM »

thank you.

had some non-muslims friends over for dinner who started laughing at you.

They were actually shocked people like you existed in australia.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: November 10, 2012, 04:50:48 AM »
Australians HATE ISLAM and their sick perverted ideology, regardless of the spin from the politicians, you can rest assure that Muslims are despised by Aussies just as much as Muslims despise non-muslims.  Aussies are hard to pull the wool over their eyes, Muslims love to practice their sociopathy and deceit on naive cultures, it won't work in Australia.

V

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #336 on: November 10, 2012, 09:08:27 AM »
^lol oh gay-kool we're blushing  ::)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #337 on: November 10, 2012, 10:10:31 AM »

E-kul is a mental psychopath about to explode, authorities should be warned  ;D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: November 10, 2012, 02:59:28 PM »
^lol oh gay-kool we're blushing  ::)

How disturbing was that, forcing Islam on some poor demented old man who has no idea what is going on.  Muslims are so desperate for converts, they are harassing the old people in Nursing Homes now!  oh, Brother!
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: November 10, 2012, 03:04:56 PM »

I wonder how long those women lasted in the religion of WAR and Violence?  I guarantee those women left the religion, Islam and Western women don't mix.   Muslims just use naive and gullible women like that as a tool to counter negative media they receive, they induct token Muslims to prove a point.  They aren't fooling anybody!
V

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #340 on: November 10, 2012, 03:50:23 PM »
How disturbing was that, forcing Islam on some poor demented old man who has no idea what is going on.  Muslims are so desperate for converts, they are harassing the old people in Nursing Homes now!  oh, Brother!

You have quite the imagination :) I guess you create a fantasy world to detract from your own miserable life's reality

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #341 on: November 10, 2012, 03:51:58 PM »
I wonder how long those women lasted in the religion of WAR and Violence?  I guarantee those women left the religion, Islam and Western women don't mix.   Muslims just use naive and gullible women like that as a tool to counter negative media they receive, they induct token Muslims to prove a point.  They aren't fooling anybody!

lol hilarious, your hatred from a scale of 10 is way above as 50 :)

You still cant' seem to face reality that the majority of converts to Islam are western educated women. I know it sets your body on fire and fuels your anger but that's the reality you have to accept.

You are one sad fella

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #342 on: November 10, 2012, 04:04:05 PM »
lol hilarious, your hatred from a scale of 10 is way above as 50 :)

You still cant' seem to face reality that the majority of converts to Islam are western educated women. I know it sets your body on fire and fuels your anger but that's the reality you have to accept.

You are one sad fella
lol, a man whose very religion is HATRED accuses other of being HATEFUL.  6 Australian naive gullible women convert to Islam and all of a sudden the majority of converts to Islam are western educated women.  Keep dreaming a_ahmed, I have lived here for 40 years and you think you can tell me what goes on here.  Islam is hated by Aussies, you can continue your fantasy of Aussie women being overwhelmed by the religion of HATE, but the few that do join are naive gullible women, who only join because they think Islam is unfairly demonised (they join because they see it as a good cause to support, do-gooders are always looking for a cause to support), once they learn the truth.  They leave, it's as simple as that!  And they feel like complete and utter fools afterwards for not investigating what it was they were joining!
V

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #343 on: November 10, 2012, 05:24:54 PM »
lol the irony of everything you utter -- hate. :D Funny guy. I think you'll die alone, tortured by your childhood abuse and a heart attack from constant anger. You suck at life bro.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #344 on: November 10, 2012, 09:10:17 PM »
lol the irony of everything you utter -- hate. :D Funny guy. I think you'll die alone, tortured by your childhood abuse and a heart attack from constant anger. You suck at life bro.
HA HA Angry Muslim projects his anger onto everyone else.  Hating an evil ideology doesn't make somebody angry, it is normal to be averse to such things.  It is evil to embrace them, and only an angry bitter individual would do such a thing.  I am sad for you that you are unable to see yourself and the sad path you have chosen for yourself.  Good people such as myself will continue trying to guide you from the dark side into the light, the rest of the world has given up on Islam and now are just finalising plans to nuke them off the face of the Earth, but it is not too late for you, you don't have to be a victim to Islam for the rest of your life.  I will continue to help guide you, and when you are ready i will help lift you from the miserable existence you have created for yourself and others.
V

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #345 on: November 10, 2012, 09:49:16 PM »
lol mental nut case on the loose, I guess you may be a distant relative to 333386 lmao

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #346 on: November 10, 2012, 10:02:59 PM »
HA HA Angry Muslim projects his anger onto everyone else.  Hating an evil ideology doesn't make somebody angry, it is normal to be averse to such things.  It is evil to embrace them, and only an angry bitter individual would do such a thing.  I am sad for you that you are unable to see yourself and the sad path you have chosen for yourself.  Good people such as myself will continue trying to guide you from the dark side into the light, the rest of the world has given up on Islam and now are just finalising plans to nuke them off the face of the Earth, but it is not too late for you, you don't have to be a victim to Islam for the rest of your life.  I will continue to help guide you, and when you are ready i will help lift you from the miserable existence you have created for yourself and others.

I will never follow your path or guidance.

Id rather put a bullet in me then be like a fool like you.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: November 10, 2012, 10:59:28 PM »

Id rather put a bullet in me
Don't let Allah or I stop you!
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: November 10, 2012, 11:10:57 PM »
This is the problem with Muslims, they think they know it all, and refuse to accept their are others who may be able to offer them something, they run completely on EGO, they Ignore others and say they will behave and do as they want because Man has no rule over him, he claims to be ruled by a non verifiable Divine being.  This is complete nonsense, it is just an excuse to go completely wild on free will.  If their actually was a God, he would be deeply ashamed by Muslims and their behaviour!
V

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: November 11, 2012, 12:43:38 AM »

Id rather put a bullet in me then be like a fool like you.

But you happily follow the "guidance" of a book supposedly dictated by a deity and transcribed by merchan/shepard... ::)