Author Topic: Educational Videos and Articles about Islam  (Read 230113 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Educational Videos about Islam
« Reply #825 on: January 24, 2013, 12:05:02 PM »
God is so merciful, he provides to all of mankind even if they are haughty or ungrateful. How many things to people take for granted each day, or do not realize what they have.

Every ungrateful person will only see what they don't have but miss out on the details of what they have.

This is soooo completely true!

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #826 on: January 24, 2013, 01:13:33 PM »
I love camels  ;D Horses too. They're awesome. I wish I had the time to do some horse riding here in Canada (srs). I rode horses when I was younger.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #827 on: January 24, 2013, 01:36:30 PM »
I love camels  ;D Horses too. They're awesome. I wish I had the time to do some horse riding here in Canada (srs). I rode horses when I was younger.

I love ALL animals, although it would be impossible to have a pet camel here. people walk their dogs, im walking my camel LOL.

love to have horse, their powerful animals, but expensive!

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #828 on: January 24, 2013, 01:56:54 PM »
Cats are cool and there is a sahaba (companion) of the prophet (pbuh) who was dubbed abu hurairah, which means father of kittens. :P

Also Muhammad (pbuh) used to have a cat too if I recall. And some sahaba had birds.

I definitely like cats more than birds though.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #829 on: January 24, 2013, 03:20:09 PM »
Cats are cool and there is a sahaba (companion) of the prophet (pbuh) who was dubbed abu hurairah, which means father of kittens. :P

Also Muhammad (pbuh) used to have a cat too if I recall. And some sahaba had birds.

I definitely like cats more than birds though.

Muezza?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #830 on: January 24, 2013, 03:38:52 PM »
Cats are winners

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #831 on: January 24, 2013, 08:25:44 PM »
Cats are winners

Big cats are awesome!(lions, tigers, jaguars) there my favorite animals along with Birds.

but in terms of house cats, Birds win all day everyday  ;D

I had a conversation with one of these over the summer(Masha'Allah, they are very good speakers! and beautiful animals overall):

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #832 on: January 24, 2013, 09:22:32 PM »
God is so merciful, he provides to all of mankind even if they are haughty or ungrateful. How many things to people take for granted each day, or do not realize what they have.

Every ungrateful person will only see what they don't have but miss out on the details of what they have.
God is merciful?

He gives kids cancer and lets young mothers burn to death in their homes everyday. He also allowed slave-owners to die fat, happy and rich.

Pull you head out of your ass.
G

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #833 on: January 24, 2013, 09:47:12 PM »
God is merciful?

He gives kids cancer and lets young mothers burn to death in their homes everyday. He also allowed slave-owners to die fat, happy and rich.

Pull you head out of your ass.

no sir, its YOU that needs to pull your head out.

first off, If God has allowed Slavery who are YOU to say otherwise(as slavery is in ALL the holy books)? why are you so arrogrant? Allah knows whats best, NOT YOU.

secondly the slaves are to be treated NICELY with FULL RIGHTS. infact there is GREAT reward for a person who frees a slave. you think all slavery is somthing like the movie "roots". Just whip them and beat them eh? WRONG.

read this:

Zayd bin Harith was the son of Harith, of the Makhdhoom tribe that lived to the north of Mecca. During a raid, raiders had captured the boy, Zayd He was taken as a slave and sold at the great fair of Ukaz. At the festival of Ukaz, Zayd along with a few other slaves were purchased by Hakim bin Hizam and taken back to Mecca. Hakim bin Hizam then offered to Khadijah bint Khuwaylid, the wife of Muhammad, to choose any slave for herself. She chose Zayd, who was then taken to her household. On the occasion of her marriage to Muhammad, Muhammad had set free his slave Baraka. Baraka was a slave woman who was owned by the late father of Muhammad, Abdullah bin Abdul Muttalib. After the passing away of his father, this slave Baraka, had come into the custody of Muhammad. He had set her free on the occasion of marriage to Khadijah bint Khuwaylid. He often referred to (Baraka) her as his ummi (mother) in later days. Also on the occasion of marriage, Khadijah had given Zayd as a gift to her new husband.

On one occasion, some people of Makhdhoom were passing through Mecca. Zayd, having seen his own people, composed some poetry, which he left with them to take home to his family. Zayd's father and uncle were searching for their son and nephew and when they received the news of him along with this poetry. They immediately set out for Mecca. Upon entering Mecca, they were informed of Muhammad (in whose custody Zayd was), and set out to find Muhammad. Upon meeting Muhammad, Muhammad first asked Zayd to confirm the identity of these men. After Zayd confirmed the identity of his father and uncle, they offered to pay any price Muhammad wished for Zayd. However, Muhammad presented another offer. He offered a choice to Zayd, that if he wished, he could leave with his father and uncle for no fee, but if he chose to remain in Mecca, he would remain in the custody of Muhammad (as a slave) and his father and uncle would return without dispute.
Zayd, a young man of tender age, surprised everyone, by choosing slavery at the hands of Muhammad over freedom and being re-united with his family. This came as a shock to his father and uncle, who had no choice but to accept the decision of this young man.

Muhammad then set out for the Kabah, where he proclaimed his manumitting (freeing) and adoption of Zayd as his own son. This action of Zayd was very heart moving and beloved to Muhammad.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #834 on: January 24, 2013, 09:51:13 PM »
secondly the slaves are to be treated NICELY with FULL RIGHTS.
Does this statement even make sense to you?

Are you drunk right now?

G

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #835 on: January 24, 2013, 09:54:49 PM »
secondly the slaves are to be treated NICELY with FULL RIGHTS.
Does this statement even make sense to you?

Are you drunk right now?

No. I dont drink as you know  ;).

Your misunderstanding the word "slave".

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #836 on: January 25, 2013, 11:01:03 AM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #837 on: January 25, 2013, 09:44:35 PM »
❀ Who is he that will lend ALLAH a good loan so HE may multiply it for him many times over? And it is Allah who withholds and grants abundance, and to Him you will be return...ed. (Quran 2:245)

✿ The example of those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah is like a seed [of grain] which grows SEVEN spikes; in each spike is a HUNDRED grains. And Allah multiplies [His reward] for whom He wills. And ALLAH is all-Encompassing and Knowing. (Quran 2:261)

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #838 on: January 25, 2013, 09:51:18 PM »
❀ Who is he that will lend ALLAH a good loan so HE may multiply it for him many times over? And it is Allah who withholds and grants abundance, and to Him you will be return...ed. (Quran 2:245)

✿ The example of those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah is like a seed [of grain] which grows SEVEN spikes; in each spike is a HUNDRED grains. And Allah multiplies [His reward] for whom He wills. And ALLAH is all-Encompassing and Knowing. (Quran 2:261)

Zakat and Sadaqa! the answer to solving world poverty.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #839 on: January 25, 2013, 09:56:18 PM »
this isnt a vid, but interesting article!

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/10/prweb9993129.htm

"With approximately 7 million Muslims living in the USA, American Muslims make up an estimated 170 billion dollar market in several key sectors of the economy such as finance, real estate, food, fashion and entertainment. Since its inception in 2008, the American Muslim Consumer Conference (AMCC) has played a key role in creating awareness for this key growing niche market and has served as a networking platform for several of the key players."

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #840 on: January 26, 2013, 01:18:56 PM »
Khadija (RA) The First Believer and Helper of Islam - This noble lady, known to us as Mother of the Believers (Ummul Momineen) and the first wife of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), was the first person ever to accept Islam after it had been revealed to him by Jibreel (Angel Gabriel) What an amazing woman she was. Masha'Allah.

Narrated Abu Musa (radiAllahu anhu) : Allah’s Apostle (sallAllahu alayhi wasallam) said, “Many amongst men reached (the level of) perfection but none amongst the women reached this level except Asia, Pharaoh’s wife, and Mary, the daughter of ‘Imran. And no doubt, the superiority of ‘Aisha to other women is like the superiority of tharid (i.e. a meat and bread dish) to other meals.”

[Sahih Bukhari, Vol 4, Hadith #623]

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #841 on: January 26, 2013, 01:19:31 PM »
“If you want to know what’s inside the heart of a person you should listen to what comes out of his mouth .”

Ibn Qayyim

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #842 on: January 27, 2013, 01:16:47 PM »
They have taken as lords beside Allah their rabbis and their monks and the Messiah son of Mary, when they were bidden to worship only One Allah. There is no Allah save Him. Be He Glorified from all that they ascribe as partner (unto Him)! (9:31)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #843 on: January 30, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »
A young man prostrate to God thanks after escaping from traffic accident

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #844 on: January 30, 2013, 12:47:35 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #845 on: January 30, 2013, 12:50:21 PM »
“Say, “My prayer, my offering, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of all the worlds.”

The Holy Quran [6:162]

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #846 on: January 31, 2013, 01:55:33 PM »

A verse from the qur'an

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #847 on: February 01, 2013, 10:08:04 AM »

a brother said:I was drinking in this beautiful mug during my class today, then a Christian guest said: "I am intrigued by your mug" - When I asked 'why'? - he said that he never thought that Muslims love Jesus Christ peace be upon him - and this took us ...a while discussing the virtues and the importance of Jesus Christ PBUH in the house of Islam. Alhamdulilah - You see my brothers and sisters, you don't need to be a scholar to convey the message of Islam, a simple method is sufficient to raise people's curiosity about the faith. So be innovative share your ideas with others :)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #848 on: February 01, 2013, 10:09:18 AM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #849 on: February 01, 2013, 01:24:25 PM »