Author Topic: Educational Videos and Articles about Islam  (Read 230053 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: Educational Videos and Articles about Islam
« Reply #1250 on: September 27, 2013, 11:30:05 AM »
And that's your problem, so there's no point in trying to prove to you anything. You're the one that comes in here with a problem with Muslims and Islam. I'm not coming to you to tell you what to be or not to be. So speak for yourself and your 'blinders'.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #1251 on: September 27, 2013, 04:01:05 PM »
And that's your problem, so there's no point in trying to prove to you anything. You're the one that comes in here with a problem with Muslims and Islam. I'm not coming to you to tell you what to be or not to be. So speak for yourself and your 'blinders'.

My "problem" is I don't agree with you and believe what you believe? You have a funny definition of the word "problem" it seems; it's certainly one which involves equivocating "disagreement" and "problem" which is an interesting trick.

I don't need to justify myself to you but let's be clear: I have no problem with a number of Muslims - why in the office next door is an observant Muslim I frequently talk to. Great guy too, but he likes college basketball a little too much for my taste. But I have no problem with him. And that's one example.

The problem that I have is with obnoxious little twerps - like you - who believe that they have all the answers and try to shove it down everyone's throat. Twerps that, when challenged, cry that they're being discriminated against, or attacked or otherwise suppressed. Twerps that are happy to flood a public forum with page after page of largely non-content before demanding that nobody else post unless the content posted meets with their approval.

Look at Man of Steel, for example. He's a Christian who posts and with whom I've debated in the past - often quite vigorously. We're on speaking terms and I consider him a great guy. We don't agree on everything and actively disagree on something very fundamental but that doesn't stop me from thinking he's a good guy, nor do I feel the need to attack him with vitriol when I see him. He realizes that disagreement doesn't mean attack.

But you don't. You see everyone who disagrees with you as your enemy and the enemy of Allah. And you lash out quite viciously, don't you? I'd bet that most of the time it works too, since few people want to get in an argument with an asshole. But sometimes your verbal lashing fails you; it fails you when you stumble across someone who not only doesn't mind challenging you and exposing your flimsy arguments for what they are, but isn't intimidated - or affected - by your verbal lashing.

I'm the latter category. So sorry for ruining your little party. But hey... I'm sure it's exactly the way Allah intended it to be. ;D

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1252 on: September 28, 2013, 09:30:12 AM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1253 on: September 28, 2013, 10:49:25 AM »

St. Catherine's Monastery, Sinai, Egypt

A Picture of Prophet Muhammad's Letter to St. Catherine's Monastery

Muslims and Christians together constitute over fifty percent of the world and if they lived in peace, we will be half way to world peace. One small step that we can take towards fostering Muslim-Christian harmony is to tell and retell positive stories and abstain from mutual demonization. In this article I propose to remind both Muslims and Christians about a promise that Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) made to Christians. The knowledge of this promise can have enormous impact on Muslim conduct towards Christians. Muslims generally respect the precedent of their Prophet and try to practice it in their lives.

In 628 AD, a delegation from St. Catherine’s Monastery came to Prophet Muhammed and requested his protection. He responded by granting them a charter of rights, which I reproduce below in its entirety. St. Catherine’s Monastery is located at the foot of Mt. Sinai and is the world’s oldest monastery. It possess a huge collection of Christian manuscripts, second only to the Vatican, and is a world heritage site. It also boasts the oldest collection of Christian icons. It is a treasure house of Christian history that has remained safe for 1400 years under Muslim protection.

The Promise to St. Catherine:
"This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them.
Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.

No compulsion is to be on them. Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries. No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses.
Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.

No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them. If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray. Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants.

No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world)."

The first and the final sentence of the charter are critical. They make the promise eternal and universal. Muhammed asserts that Muslims are with Christians near and far straight away rejecting any future attempts to limit the promise to St. Catherine alone. By ordering Muslims to obey it until the Day of Judgment the charter again undermines any future attempts to revoke the privileges. These rights are inalienable. Muhammed declared Christians, all of them, as his allies and he equated ill treatment of Christians with violating God’s covenant.

A remarkable aspect of the charter is that it imposes no conditions on Christians for enjoying its privileges. It is enough that they are Christians. They are not required to alter their beliefs, they do not have to make any payments and they do not have any obligations. This is a charter of rights without any duties!
The document is not a modern human rights treaty but even thought it was penned in 628 A.D. it clearly protects the right to property, freedom of religion, freedom of work, and security of the person.

I know most readers, must be thinking so what? Well the answer is simple. Those who seek to foster discord among Muslims and Christians focus on issues that divide and emphasize areas of conflict. But when resources such as Muhammad’s promise to Christians is invoked and highlighted it builds bridges. It inspires Muslims to rise above communal intolerance and engenders good will in Christians who might be nursing fear of Islam or Muslims.

When I look at Islamic sources, I find in them unprecedented examples of religious tolerance and inclusiveness. They make me want to become a better person. I think the capacity to seek good and do good inheres in all of us. When we subdue this predisposition towards the good, we deny our fundamental humanity. In this holiday season, I hope all of us can find time to look for something positive and worthy of appreciation in the values, cultures and histories of other peoples.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #1254 on: September 28, 2013, 10:03:55 PM »

St. Catherine's Monastery, Sinai, Egypt

A Picture of Prophet Muhammad's Letter to St. Catherine's Monastery

Muslims and Christians together constitute over fifty percent of the world and if they lived in peace, we will be half way to world peace. One small step that we can take towards fostering Muslim-Christian harmony is to tell and retell positive stories and abstain from mutual demonization. In this article I propose to remind both Muslims and Christians about a promise that Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) made to Christians. The knowledge of this promise can have enormous impact on Muslim conduct towards Christians. Muslims generally respect the precedent of their Prophet and try to practice it in their lives.

In 628 AD, a delegation from St. Catherine’s Monastery came to Prophet Muhammed and requested his protection. He responded by granting them a charter of rights, which I reproduce below in its entirety. St. Catherine’s Monastery is located at the foot of Mt. Sinai and is the world’s oldest monastery. It possess a huge collection of Christian manuscripts, second only to the Vatican, and is a world heritage site. It also boasts the oldest collection of Christian icons. It is a treasure house of Christian history that has remained safe for 1400 years under Muslim protection.

The first and the final sentence of the charter are critical. They make the promise eternal and universal. Muhammed asserts that Muslims are with Christians near and far straight away rejecting any future attempts to limit the promise to St. Catherine alone. By ordering Muslims to obey it until the Day of Judgment the charter again undermines any future attempts to revoke the privileges. These rights are inalienable. Muhammed declared Christians, all of them, as his allies and he equated ill treatment of Christians with violating God’s covenant.

A remarkable aspect of the charter is that it imposes no conditions on Christians for enjoying its privileges. It is enough that they are Christians. They are not required to alter their beliefs, they do not have to make any payments and they do not have any obligations. This is a charter of rights without any duties!
The document is not a modern human rights treaty but even thought it was penned in 628 A.D. it clearly protects the right to property, freedom of religion, freedom of work, and security of the person.

I know most readers, must be thinking so what? Well the answer is simple. Those who seek to foster discord among Muslims and Christians focus on issues that divide and emphasize areas of conflict. But when resources such as Muhammad’s promise to Christians is invoked and highlighted it builds bridges. It inspires Muslims to rise above communal intolerance and engenders good will in Christians who might be nursing fear of Islam or Muslims.

When I look at Islamic sources, I find in them unprecedented examples of religious tolerance and inclusiveness. They make me want to become a better person. I think the capacity to seek good and do good inheres in all of us. When we subdue this predisposition towards the good, we deny our fundamental humanity. In this holiday season, I hope all of us can find time to look for something positive and worthy of appreciation in the values, cultures and histories of other peoples.

Very nice post.  Can you then offer an explanation as to why it is illegal to practice Christianity in Saudi Arabia?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1255 on: September 29, 2013, 07:58:20 AM »
Go ask the 'royal' Saud tribe that your government supports often times even against Muslims within Saudi Arabia who speak out against the royals.

That being said Saudi Arabia is 100% Muslim, it's mostly expats who are Christians and they get to do their own thing within their compounds.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #1256 on: September 29, 2013, 09:03:37 AM »
Go ask the 'royal' Saud tribe that your government supports often times even against Muslims within Saudi Arabia who speak out against the royals.

That being said Saudi Arabia is 100% Muslim, it's mostly expats who are Christians and they get to do their own thing within their compounds.

Hey Chai Boy.   You were right, Chai Boy.  We do and will most likely disagree forever. No need to respond because you have no chance.

Chai Boy.  Disgusting filt of "faith". 

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #1257 on: September 30, 2013, 05:33:30 AM »
We all know that the US provides military aid to Saudi Arabia.  That does not mean that the US supports religious persecution in that country, where it is illegal for anyone who is Muslim to decide to practice another religion, like Christianity.

For example, Reuters referred to this incident, which happened last May:

"RIYADH (Reuters) - A court in Saudi Arabia has sentenced two men to lashes and prison terms for converting a woman to Christianity and helping her flee the conservative Islamic kingdom, the Saudi Gazette reported on Monday. A Lebanese man was sentenced to six years in prison and 300 lashes for converting the woman, while a Saudi man was sentenced to two years and 200 lashes for aiding her escape abroad, the English-language daily said. It added that the pair had challenged the verdict and would appeal."

I would add that your posts all seem to have a distorted view of the USA and the West.  You rail against hatred of Muslims in this country, and while that surely exists, it is false that everyone critical of Islamists hate all Muslims and are blinded by this hatred.  

It is also absurd, it seems to me, to respond to all criticism with blanket statements attributing all of the problems in the Muslim world to the USA and its allies.  You come across as someone who is extremely angry and filled with hatred yourself.

Tell me - for you never responded to this question - how is it that the USA came to the aid of the Bosnian Muslims against the Serbs under the Clinton Administration, given your view of US policy toward Islamic countries?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1258 on: September 30, 2013, 06:58:35 AM »
This thread is not about politics, and Americans didn't come to the aid of Bosnians, they involved themselves when Muslims started winning and getting closer to the Serbian border. Kind of how Syrian Muslims have started winning against Assad and suddenly the US cares even though over a hundred thousand have been killed by Assad's forces.

Today, if you step outside of Sarajevo it'l say "Serbian republic" and country is anything but a Muslim country and those that fought for Bosnians are jailed and tortured even sent to guantanmo bay, their citizenships stripped away even though they were promised citizenship and given citizenship by the first bosnian president for helping Bosnians in Bosnia. The whole thing was hijacked by Americans.

Prior to that a weapons embargo was placed on former Yugoslavia while the serbians had ALL the weapons in Belgrade, while Bosnian muslims had nothing, they had to resort to home made weapons. These are the facts, but anyways there's no point in arguing because you're so blind that Americans are helping the whole world.

Jacque Chirac at the time said he doesn't want a muslim country in Europe. It's the same story again, and I wasn't even Muslim that time, no one in my family was, but we knew what was going on. Two years ago this ass wipe Jacque Chirac gets an 'honorary award' in Sarajevo.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #1259 on: September 30, 2013, 10:43:31 AM »
This thread is not about politics, and Americans didn't come to the aid of Bosnians, they involved themselves when Muslims started winning and getting closer to the Serbian border. Kind of how Syrian Muslims have started winning against Assad and suddenly the US cares even though over a hundred thousand have been killed by Assad's forces.

Today, if you step outside of Sarajevo it'l say "Serbian republic" and country is anything but a Muslim country and those that fought for Bosnians are jailed and tortured even sent to guantanmo bay, their citizenships stripped away even though they were promised citizenship and given citizenship by the first bosnian president for helping Bosnians in Bosnia. The whole thing was hijacked by Americans.

Prior to that a weapons embargo was placed on former Yugoslavia while the serbians had ALL the weapons in Belgrade, while Bosnian muslims had nothing, they had to resort to home made weapons. These are the facts, but anyways there's no point in arguing because you're so blind that Americans are helping the whole world.

Jacque Chirac at the time said he doesn't want a muslim country in Europe. It's the same story again, and I wasn't even Muslim that time, no one in my family was, but we knew what was going on. Two years ago this ass wipe Jacque Chirac gets an 'honorary award' in Sarajevo.

Well, I don't agree with you about Bosnia.  The intervention there was by the UN and NATO.  This was after some of the largest massacres committed by the Serbs, and with pressure from the US, in reaction to those attacks on civilians, as well as ongoing "ethnic cleansing", done by both sides.  

I never said the US is "helping the whole world".   Every country on Earth is ruled based on its own best interests, as perceived by its leadership - including every Muslim country, as well as the USA.

You know, I really think that you would do better as a proponent of Islam on this forum if you were more open to input that might not match your "Islam uber alles" message.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1260 on: October 03, 2013, 02:17:38 PM »

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1261 on: October 03, 2013, 02:45:39 PM »

I believe this is a picture from a funeral or other mourning procession. Indeed, there are several pictures of said Queen in public not wearing any veils or otherwise concealing her appearance.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1262 on: October 07, 2013, 09:37:36 AM »
Bobber has gone on hajj :) May Allah (swt) keep him safe ameen.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1263 on: October 10, 2013, 10:26:21 AM »

pinksandgreens

• Getbig I
« Reply #1264 on: October 23, 2013, 02:03:21 AM »
This video is very helpful for me, the speech about the education is very interesting and knowledgeable.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #1265 on: October 23, 2013, 08:37:29 AM »
This video is very helpful for me, the speech about the education is very interesting and knowledgeable.

Welcome to the boards!!

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #1266 on: October 25, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »
scrolled through 52 pages, actually skipping a lot, and not one damn bomb making video.  waste of my time.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1267 on: November 10, 2013, 05:48:31 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1268 on: November 12, 2013, 09:30:57 AM »

Selective reporting misrepresents Muslims as prone to killing

http://fair.org/extra-online-articles/a-media-microscope-on-islam-linked-violence/

According to a Gallup poll (8/2/11; FAIR Blog, 5/3/13), Muslim Americans disapprove of violence against civilians at an exceptionally high rate. When asked if it “is justified for an individual or a small group of people to target and kill civilians,” 89 percent of Muslims said that it is never justified, which was the highest disapproval rate of the six religious and nonreligious groups polled. Muslim Americans also rejected military killing of civilians by a wide margin, while a majority of Protestants, Catholics, Jews and Mormons approved of such killings.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1269 on: December 01, 2013, 03:25:29 PM »

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1270 on: December 01, 2013, 04:10:19 PM »

Selective reporting misrepresents Muslims as prone to killing

http://fair.org/extra-online-articles/a-media-microscope-on-islam-linked-violence/

According to a Gallup poll (8/2/11; FAIR Blog, 5/3/13), Muslim Americans disapprove of violence against civilians at an exceptionally high rate. When asked if it “is justified for an individual or a small group of people to target and kill civilians,” 89 percent of Muslims said that it is never justified, which was the highest disapproval rate of the six religious and nonreligious groups polled. Muslim Americans also rejected military killing of civilians by a wide margin, while a majority of Protestants, Catholics, Jews and Mormons approved of such killings.

Interesting. But I'd like to point out that talk is cheap – a fact you must be intimately familiar with, having flooded this forum with post after post after post.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #1271 on: December 01, 2013, 07:45:49 PM »
Interesting. But I'd like to point out that talk is cheap – a fact you must be intimately familiar with, having flooded this forum with post after post after post.

X2.  I think we get the message, a_ahmed:  Muslims are good, non-violent folk who follow a religion of peace, a religion, in fact, that is the one, true religion.  Moreover, the USA and much of the West, is in decline drowning in debt and false materialistic, godless values.  Finally, the USA and its policies are the root of most of the ills in the world, and certainly in the Muslim world.

Have I left anything out?

I could go on, but you have saved me the trouble by hammering these absurd points home again and again.

And guess what?  No one buys it.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #1272 on: December 15, 2013, 11:44:33 PM »
scrolled through 52 pages, actually skipping a lot, and not one damn bomb making video.  waste of my time.

it's in the paid subscription section try look it up
T

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #1273 on: December 22, 2013, 08:39:43 PM »

Actually - telling people what they can do and what they should be is EXACTLY what you do all the time on GetBig.

You don't seem to be able to tolerate that in return. Not that this is a shock to anyone.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #1274 on: December 22, 2013, 09:41:50 PM »

What these men do — buying underage girls for sex — is neither prostitution nor in any way illegal under the Shiite interpretation of Islam. It’s a religious practice called nikah mut’ah, a convenience marriage that can last anywhere from minutes to months, with a divorce included in the agreement. Money changes hands — perhaps a few thousand dollars — and the rich buyer goes off (and gets off) with his newly-acquired sex slave, until he tires of her.

Then the girl is returned to her family, and may be sold — I mean, “married” — again.
Nikah mut’ah is frequently a religious cover for sex tourism, as it is in the German video report (above) from the Jordanian desert. The men flock to where poverty and desperation are greatest, and a teenage sex slave can be had for cheap