Author Topic: Have you left a wife / got divorced? what to expect?  (Read 18979 times)

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
Re: Have you left a wife / got divorced? what to expect?
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2012, 04:20:12 PM »
Not saying my life was perfect before, but I was content.  Sure, I should have finished college and dine a bunch of other stuff, but I have a decent job and was able to do the things I enjoyed.  What I'm saying is that her trying to keep me under lock and key is robbing me if who I am.  I'm a social butterfly, I need to fly from time to time.

You're a peacock, captain, you need to fly.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2012, 04:32:14 PM »
You have no idea how much I wish this was true, and I could just walk in mid-hump and end it all without being the bastard that destroyed the family. 

On a side not, anyone wanna come over and nail my wife next Thursday at 4pm?  Jk

We usually do it in the early afternoon....can you get home a little earlier that day?

;D

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2012, 04:58:08 PM »
4.  It took me forever to get her to goto the doctor for her blood pressure so she could stay in birth control....I don't see how I could convince her to go for mental health issues.

5.  She does do that, and basically I just won't deal with her until she can check herself.  I've never called her a bitch, girl, any of that...mainly because the one time I called my mom a bitch my dad beat the shit out of me.  She's constantly disrespectful, but there is a limit where I won't have it.

6.  I will check these books out.  She's a big reader so I might could get her to take a look at one.

7.  I've had her come with me and she wasn't comfortable (i workout at a semi-hardcore gym...the girls that come here are mostly lesbians or extremely fit).  I got her a membership to planet fitness and she went a few days per week for a couple months, and then would only go when I went with her, and now she just says that isn't how she wants to spend our time together.  She's very self conscious because she's gotten pretty fat, but she refuses to do a damn thing about it.
So she's not just controlling, but abusive and fat? I'd be looking at the yellow pages..

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2012, 05:03:34 PM »
5 pages of this?  Holy shit...put the bitch in her place.  Tell her how the marriage is going to be and to put a smile on her face everyday, tell her to watch how she talks to you and make sure your house is clean and your food is cooked how you want.  If there's gonna be babies it's when YOU decide the family is ready.

most importantly...tell if she doesn't like them rules then GTFO.

Holy shit....Americans.....

Mjolnir

• Getbig III
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2012, 05:09:06 PM »
Dude what planet are you on?  This is Getbig man, I've personally kicked 16 models to the curb for looking at me wrong.  Before I marched them I came straight in here to Getbig to get the advice first, this is the ONLY place to come for relationship advice.  I will give you a little tip, Dr Phil comes on here looks at all the relationship threads and then repeats the advice to his guests on his show, that's how solid the advice on Getbig is!!!!! You're such a schmuck, bodybuilding and being 288pds is waaaaayy more important than a relationship or anything else in this world, so at least you got your priorities right.  ;)

firemn99111

• Getbig I
« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2012, 05:13:45 PM »
Well said Voice!! Its time to man up Steam. Stop talking and complaining here and put your foot down. She will respect you more or GTFO.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2012, 05:17:12 PM »
Dude what planet are you on?  This is Getbig man, I've personally kicked 16 models to the curb for looking at me wrong.  Before I marched them I came straight in here to Getbig to get the advice first, this is the ONLY place to come for relationship advice.  I will give you a little tip, Dr Phil comes on here looks at all the relationship threads and then repeats the advice to his guests on his show, that's how solid the advice on Getbig is!!!!! You're such a schmuck, bodybuilding and being 288pds is waaaaayy more important than a relationship or anything else in this world, so at least you got your priorities right.  ;)
I heard DR Phil was useing his medical connections to start on a massive roid cycle and join the WWE .

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2012, 06:25:33 PM »
Have you left a wife / got divorced?  What to expect?

I have been married for 6 months and its miserable.  Definitely the worst decision of my life.  Our families are both very supportive, but we are just too different and we can't make it 2 days without having a total meltdown fight.  I have to get out before it gets any worse.  What's the best way to go about it, and what do I need to be on the look out for?

First of all, don't feel alone on this. Many on this board including myself are going through a similar situation.

From my own experiences, marriages/relationships are like walking on egg shells.

I've go the added problem of having two dogs who I love to "have and hold", so it's a delicate situation.

I'm getting counseling, have you considered doing likewise?

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2012, 06:44:55 PM »
I have only been married a few months now, and things are great.

but things were great before we got married and we lived together for a good while before hand.

sounds like you two had it good, got married went on the honeymoon and now have issues.

question: did you live together before you were married?

it sounds like you didn't, which can be a problem.

things are always different when you have alone time, when you live under the same roof is when you really know how compatible you are with someone.

did she suddenly change once you guys were living together?
Flower Boy Ran Away

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2012, 06:46:39 PM »
I say he just ups and leaves the bitch. Go full balls to walls  BB drugs and all out g4p.
See how the other half lives.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2012, 07:28:57 PM »
Looking back, I can see how she is now in the way she treated other people (like her mom, certain friends, waitresses in restaurants)....I guess I was naive enough to think she wouldn't talk to me like that.  I would be up for counseling but she is horribly against it unless it is with her preacher (who is gonna say "pray about it and study the word."
Just shed your religion.  There is no point to it anyway.  I am 100 percent certain this will solve all of your problems.  She probably won`t want to be with someone who champions reason over superstition.

There is your ticket out.  Easy and you will become a more intelligent person instantly once you leave those fairy tales behind. 

Consider it.

MikMaq

« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2012, 07:43:21 PM »
So she's not just controlling, but abusive and fat? I'd be looking at the yellow pages..
The dude is without hope.

Pathetic losers of getbig take note, even if your a 40 year old virgin its still better than being a hand bang for a fat cow.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2012, 08:02:45 PM »
I vote for the "fuck her sister" option.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2012, 02:27:02 AM »
Lots of vow breakers in this thread.

Anglo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2012, 03:00:45 AM »

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2012, 03:50:36 AM »
is there a life insurance policy on her? is there a lake nearby? Do you have access to a canoe?

this^^^^^
I

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2012, 04:32:26 AM »
Never knew Santa had a homeless cousin. Good post.

yeah, the south pole branch of the Clause family was big on the beards but did a lot of cardio and stayed slim.

steamboatwillie

• Getbig II
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2012, 05:07:40 AM »
Too drastic and will make for bad blood.
He didn't get invloved and married to her in 1 day and it will take a bit of time to get out of it, the right way.
BUT he needs to file with a lawyer, asap.

Should I lawyer up before I walk out?  I seriously don't have much to lose....even with my retirement accounts and all (which we have dipped into some) I have about 80k all together....even if I had to give half to get rid of her it doesn't seem so bad.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2012, 05:09:28 AM »
Should I lawyer up before I walk out?  I seriously don't have much to lose....even with my retirement accounts and all (which we have dipped into some) I have about 80k all together....even if I had to give half to get rid of her it doesn't seem so bad.

When you stood before man and God at the altar and repeated the vows to eachother never to leave etc, did you mean it when you said 'for better or for worse'?

steamboatwillie

• Getbig II
« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2012, 05:11:31 AM »
This is 100% true and the best advice for you.
It will be lonely and you will feel depressed when you first split, but it gets better with time.
After a yr goes by and you have met someone else that is good for you, , you will be glad.
Been divorced 3x myself and it was never easy and I'm not rich or have any kids.
Get out...NOW. Be sure to be a man, treat her with dignity and file.
Let her bitch , cry and scream and just smile , but stay firm and nice.
Don't call her any mean names or make fun of her. Try to avoid even yelling at her.
Do you own a home now or do you rent?

I hold my temper extremely well, so I will definitely be as stand up as possible about it.  We rent (we live in my townhome that I've been in for 8 years).

steamboatwillie

• Getbig II
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2012, 05:29:54 AM »
At the risk of sounding ghey, listen to your heart. It knows what's right.

You sound like you really, truly want to leave. For what it's worth, I would never talk about my wife the way you do. Sure, we fight, but not like the way you describe. And the way you describe her, and the way you describe your feelings for her...well, that's just not the way a man talks about a woman he loves. It's the way he talks about abusive parents, if I may say so.

Clearly, you've fallen out of love with her. It's time to stop "chasing good money after bad". Cut your losses, be a man, admit you fucked up by marrying her, take accountability for the fact that even though this ride if fucked that you still played a part, take stock of yourself and your emotions, then get out. Fast. Like now. Stop wasting time. The lawyers can take care of everything for you. You're unhappy, and it needs to stop before it ruins your health, which all any of us have.

If you even love her just a bit, you know it's not fair to her to stay with her and ruin her life. She certainly doesn't want to spend the rest of her life with a man who feels so angry about her. She wants someone to love her too. Just like you do. You both deserve that in life. Because life is short...too short to go through it without love. She obviously hates living with you...she's so angry all the time. I wouldn't be surprised (and neither should you) if she expresses relief once the shock of a pending divorce sinks in. She'll see that this is good for her too. She'll feel like a failure when the marriage fails, and beg you to stay. But those are superficial emotions...the basal, truer ones are screaming at her to get out too. She'll see that in time.

And for christ's sake, don't have a kid. You think shit is bad now? Trust me...as bad as it is now, watch it go off-the-charts-shitstorm-in-a-teacup-bad when you have a kid. Kid's wreck the strongest of marriages. Almost wrecked mine. You need a rock solid union to withstand the shitstorm that is children. I wouldn't change anything now with my kids...love them and would willingly die for them, and I truly love my wife. But fuck me...when the kids were babies, it's like we were always one step away from saying "fuck you I'm outta here". Just this seething hate brewing below everything we said. Mostly, it had to do with sleep deprivation and a complete loss of control over our lifestyle, free time,  and individualism. And the realization that forever and ever, our hearts would be tethered to these little people who had the ability, just by getting sick or dying, to completely and irrevocably change the course of our entire lives. That's some serious shit man, and if you want some of that, you need a woman you can count on through the ugly times. Because there will be a lot of them. 

In short, get out now. Stop being unhappy. Stop making her unhappy. You are not compatible, and are simply not good for each other. No big deal...lots of people shouldn't be married. Pride yourself on the fact that you recognize it, and are getting out now.

Wow, its like you live in my house.  I'm going to base whatever I say when I leave on your words here.

steamboatwillie

• Getbig II
« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2012, 05:31:45 AM »

steamboatwillie

• Getbig II
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2012, 05:45:44 AM »
I have only been married a few months now, and things are great.

but things were great before we got married and we lived together for a good while before hand.

sounds like you two had it good, got married went on the honeymoon and now have issues.

question: did you live together before you were married?

it sounds like you didn't, which can be a problem.

things are always different when you have alone time, when you live under the same roof is when you really know how compatible you are with someone.

did she suddenly change once you guys were living together?

No we only stayed together on the weekends.  It was mainly a family / religious decision (which looking back, was not smart).

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2012, 05:48:06 AM »
Real issue here is willie needs to man up and make good on those vows to never leave your wife, I mean come on you knew her before you got married.

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2012, 07:05:02 AM »
Willie, I will tell you about a wonderful girl I dated before I got married.
Most that know this girl seriously questioned my sanity for breaking up with her.
On paper, whe was everything a guy could want:  Pretty (had modeled and done some commercial work), came from a very wealthy family, was educated, worldly--well traveled, liked fine cuisine, strong sense of family.

BUT!!!!  What nobody knew is that this girl hated herself.  She had severe abandonment issues (let me preface this by saying that the women in her family outnumbered the men easily 3:1.  Her father was a great guy and an engineer for an international company.  Well, he caught the mother cheating on him with more than one guy, so after trying to make it work, he realized he had to leave.  He took a job across the country.  My ex never forgave him for leaving, as her mother had convinced her that she should just "follow her heart", and that people should love you unconditionally.  The partriarch of their family fortune was her grandfather, and he died a few years before we dated).  She constantly felt like I was going to leave her. 

SO!!!  This is a self-fulfilling prophecy.  She would throw monkey wrenches into what many would describe as perfect dates/days/etc.  For instance, we were at a fine French restaurant having an amazing meal, drinking Taittinger Blanc de Blanc 1983, and she tells me how sick she is feeling.  I'm like WTF!!!!  In true GetBig fashion, I tell her that I am enjoying myself, and I am not putting up with her childish games.  I will finish my meal and have dessert.  Then we can go.

She would often attempt to psychologically castrate me by belittling me (what your wife is doing).  I would tell her that there is no need to act like her mother.  If she truly felt that way about me, we should end it.  She would cry and say she didn't mean it.  I would tell her that while I truly cared for her, I would not date a mental toddler.  She needed to be a woman if were to be together, not a child trapped in a woman's body.

She wanted a baby.  I told her that she needed to learn to take care of herself first, before I would even consider marrying her, let alone impregnating her.  She had a very nice condo, and had a cleaning lady once a week.  Her place looked like a monsoon had hit the interior. 

When things looked like they would inevitably end, she suggested counseling.  I told her that while I loved her, I didn't need counseling.  I informed her that she has been in therapy since she was 12 (more than half her life), and that I was NOT the source of her ills.  I literally wrote out all of the pros/cons of our relationship, and told her that while no relationship is 50/50, it has to balance somewhere close to that number in order for it to work.  I told her that as of now, it is like 90/10, and that she has 3 months to show drastic change.

She did not, and I walked.  Not easy to do, as our familiies are very close.  Best thing I ever did.  So, she went for what many would consider a much "softer" guy after me, and after she was engaged to him for over a year, he called it off.  She is damaged goods.

Best of luck.