Author Topic: Wisdom gained ?  (Read 8338 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: My (last) ex wife's ideal relationship (* you guys may agree with this?)
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2012, 07:41:55 AM »
Great logic. No go invest in a Ponzi scheme while you're at it.

Guys like you Make me sick. I know a handful of guys that have been married 2-5 times. They all preach about women & relationships.

Bottom line is you're all fucking morons that make horrible decisions in judging people's characters.

You failed at marriage 3 times...now you're going all over the board boasting you're doing it again.

What's your danage ?
Hmmm, I guess this means you don't want me to reserve you 2 tickets for my next "marriage success" seminar 'eh?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2012, 07:46:15 AM »
You are too much of a wimp to spend four nights a week by yourself?

I seriously considered that and even questioned my manhood about it.
I spent many a night hugging my dog while I had a good cry :'(

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Re: Wisdom gained after: 3 divorces, and 38 yrs of bodybuilding, etc
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2012, 07:58:39 AM »
Wisdom gained from reading the bible for 10 years, and bodybuilding for 10 also:

There are different kinds of love.

The english language only uses one word 'love' to describe many kinds (e.g. the gooey feeling of love, love between friends, love that reaches out to those in need, love that is not deserved and is not self-seeking)

For a marraige to work long term, you need to get past the gooey kind of love as being the 'thermometer' of your relationship, sure - romantic love is essential in terms of longevity but it has it's natural peaks and troughs, so must be worked and fought for in the hard times, as well as enjoyed and coasted through in the good.

The love that hold a marraige together through the rough times is a totally different kind of love, it is a commiting love that stems from a vow and promise to stick together, and to look past shortcomings or pet hates. This kind of love won't abide easily with selfishness, or a partner who alsways gauges the success of their marraige by what they are feeling or 'getting out of it' for want of a better term.

Although feeling happy with how your partner is treating you, respecting you, being intimate with you etc is important, it is not the deciding factor when it comes to commitment or divorce.

This is why traditional weddings include vows to one another, and why the wording of these vows does not make room for circumstantial ethics, or pressures that would release you from that vow.

....Adultery on the other hand throws a whole new spanner in the works though. Even in the Christian and Jewish religions, providence is made for a divorce in that situation....IF....it cannot be resolved.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Re: Wisdom gained after: 3 divorces, and 38 yrs of bodybuilding, etc
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2012, 08:02:05 AM »
I guess I would also add this nugget:

'Being happy' is not a state you can seek after solely by adjusting circumstances, chasing desires etc. But it is rather a by-product of making the right decisions in your life.

Happiness is a by-product, a result of doing the right thing.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2012, 08:04:58 AM »
No offense, Howard...but you sound like a person who is exceptionally self-involved...

What was that? Sorry, I was too busy thinking of what I was going to post next, to read what you wrote. ;)