Author Topic: Adam & Eve - How did the world populate?  (Read 28516 times)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: ADAM&EVE
« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2012, 07:18:26 PM »
im not trying to prove god exists. im just saying that you can not explain natural phenomena. you can only give an observed mechanistic history that led up to the event, but no assertion about causality can ever be made.
Can't explain it, therefore god/aliens.
follow the arrows

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2012, 07:25:24 PM »
a

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2012, 07:26:30 PM »
This thread sucks

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2012, 07:26:37 PM »
Nope not true, these sources are used on Biblical topics in universities, theologians across the globe accept these as valid history, even the non-Christian theologians.
.... you would be hard pressed to find any non-religious, agnostic historians who would claim that any of those references can be trusted as completely authentic and proof of a historical jesus.   the idea that jesus didnt exist isnt something that the mainstream academic community has ever taken seriously, mainly because of the high population of christians among them.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2012, 07:27:06 PM »
Suck this!
a

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2012, 07:32:56 PM »
your the one adding "therefore". thats not me. i see no reason to add an explanation when an explanation isnt there to add. its foolish to pretend to know what you dont. just accept that ultimate causality is unreachable and leave it at that.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2012, 07:33:25 PM »
Indeed, no further discussion is possible when they simply assert their holy book is without error or otherwise divinely inspired and therefore beyond criticism.

Besides, we don't want to interfere with the Christian vs Muslim "argument" that is clearly in the works. These are always golden.
religion of peace vs. religion of peace  :o who will come out alive?
follow the arrows

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2012, 07:34:25 PM »
Our savior.
a

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2012, 07:35:39 PM »
your the one adding "therefore". thats not me. i see no reason to add an explanation when an explanation isnt there to add. its foolish to pretend to know what you dont. just accept that ultimate causality is unreachable and leave it at that.
I was jesting. Arguments about ultimate causality don't belong in this discussion, you brought that up. not me.
follow the arrows

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2012, 07:36:07 PM »
.... you would be hard pressed to find any non-religious, agnostic historians who would claim that any of those references can be trusted as completely authentic and proof of a historical jesus.   the idea that jesus didnt exist isnt something that the mainstream academic community has ever taken seriously, mainly because of the high population of christians among them.
Well there is always your handful of naysayers but the general consensus is the evidence is overwhelming that he existed and it`s much more then 90% of historical figures in antiquity from Alexander the great to Sargon of Akkad, from Hamurabi to the Pharaoh`s of Egypt(most of them).

If you make this argument you have to make the same argument about almost every historical figure.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2012, 07:41:42 PM »
Well there is always your handful of naysayers but the general consensus is the evidence is overwhelming that he existed and it`s much more then 90% of historical figures in antiquity from Alexander the great to Sargon of Akkad, from Hamurabi to the Pharaoh`s of Egypt(most of them).

If you make this argument you have to make the same argument about almost every historical figure.

Hell, even Christopher Hitchens said he probably did exist.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2012, 08:27:13 PM »
I was jesting. Arguments about ultimate causality don't belong in this discussion, you brought that up. not me.

ultimate causality has everything to do with the meme about the tides. 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #137 on: October 09, 2012, 08:30:52 PM »

the evidence is not overwhelming. the lack of willingness to seriously consider the idea that he never existed is what is overwhelming.  the amount of evidence for King Tut, who was alive over a thousand years before the supposed life of jesus, FAR surpasses the "evidence" for jesus.  that alone should tell you sometihng.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2012, 08:35:36 PM »
its a mistake to correlate a belief in god with a belief in jesus. likewise, its a mistake to correlate a denial of god with a denial of jesus.

one shouldnt correlate anything religious with the idea of god. religion and metaphysics are two separate topics.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2012, 08:54:04 PM »
a

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #140 on: October 09, 2012, 09:07:23 PM »
ultimate causality has everything to do with the meme about the tides. 
that's again, your interpretation and you are entitled to it. I don't see it that way.
follow the arrows

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2012, 09:10:17 PM »
that's again, your interpretation and you are entitled to it. I don't see it that way.
what the fuck else do you think bill could have possibly been talking about ?  ::)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2012, 09:14:17 PM »
what the fuck else do you think bill could have possibly been talking about ?  ::)
hey dipshit, I already told you so. The tide thing was but one example in his idiotic argument. His 'ultimate cause' is god. OMG I jummped up and came back down, its proof God pushed me down  ::) This is the silly ass shit that keeps me from getting in these discussions.
follow the arrows

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2012, 09:43:32 PM »
hey dipshit, I already told you so. The tide thing was but one example in his idiotic argument. His 'ultimate cause' is god. OMG I jummped up and came back down, its proof God pushed me down  ::) This is the silly ass shit that keeps me from getting in these discussions.
he was trying to prove god exists and his proof was the impossibility to explain natural phenomena in scientific terms.  making fun of his comments on the basis that it is possible to explain natural events is ignorant. period. he is wrong to assume causality proof of god but the morons making fun of him because they think they have an answer as to why the tides behave the way they do are even worse.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2012, 09:50:08 PM »
TV is an excellent source on information. This guy has been on TV for 40 years.
a

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2012, 10:03:56 PM »
True.

I'm all for people debating on a topic, but it becomes all too obvious when people have an anti-God agenda, because they start with the blanket statements that are FACT, and they couldn't even tell you where they heard these 'FACTS'.

Saddest part, is that people who make these statements are usually the same guys who profess to be 'individuals' who don't follow the crowd and 'make up their own minds', without realising that their opinions are straight out of a hollywood movie, written by anti-christ homosexuals.

booooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooom

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2012, 10:09:15 PM »
Jonah DID live three days inside the belly of a whale.  If you do research on this, you can learn that there are two different species of whale that have mouths big enough to swallow a man, and that whales have 4 chambers for digestion.  Chamber one is for food storage while other food is being digested, similar to the Orad portion of the human stomach in some ways I suppose.  Jonah could have been preserved alive in chamber one for three days.  Chamber two contains acid for breaking down food, but food is only transferred there after the whale has finished absorbing other food he's already ingested. 

;D    ;D    ;D    ;D   ;D    ;D    ;D    ;D   ;D    ;D     ;D     ;D    ;D

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2012, 01:35:24 AM »
boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

BABAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!