Author Topic: Intermittent Fasting: Fad or Weightloss miracle?  (Read 10096 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: Intermittent Fasting: Fad or Weightloss miracle?
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 12:59:13 PM »
On the lean gains site he says it doesn't matter. You tend to fast for 16 hrs and have an 8 hr eating window in a 24hr period. You choose the window that suits you best. It could be 2pm-10pm or 10am- 6pm. If you're up late a lot it could be 4pm- midnight...

I ate around 6:30-7:00 after my workout.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 12:59:51 PM »
On the lean gains site he says it doesn't matter. You tend to fast for 16 hrs and have an 8 hr eating window in a 24hr period. You choose the window that suits you best. It could be 2pm-10pm or 10am- 6pm. If you're up late a lot it could be 4pm- midnight...

I might give this baby a try.

Stick to the 10am-6pm time frame and eat a diet that consists of mostly healthy fats & protein (Salmon, Chicken, Cock), with about 50 grams of carbs per day max in the morning and a generous amount of coffee/caffeine (bring in coke zero).

"1"

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 01:00:40 PM »

Stick to the 10am-6pm time frame and eat a diet that consists of mostly healthy fats & protein (Salmon, Chicken, Cock), with about 50 grams of carbs per day max in the morning and a generous amount of coffee/caffeine (bring in coke zero).

"1"

LMAO!!!!

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 01:12:23 PM »
I ate around 6:30-7:00 after my workout.

Yeah, I think the whole window thing is tailored around getting your biggest meal after a workout.

"1"

You can probably eat the cock while fasting!
O

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2012, 01:13:22 PM »
Started in July at about 255. I'm 230 now, weight loss has been VERY slow, in my opinion. I consume my meals between 1pm and 7pm.* Diet has been fairly low protein. Felt pretty weak for about 2 months, now I feel like a fucking badass (no homo). My body eventually got used to the lower protein, but this approach is better geared towards maintenance, and would not be appropriate for muscle gain. Here are the details:

1. Intermittent fasting is combined with the diet plan called "Vegan till Dinner". This is to address a family history of heart disease I was JUST told about.  ::) Anyway, no animal products are consumed before dinner.

2. Exercise is done in a fasted state. Usually a run, a bike ride or some bodyweight bullshit. This generally happens at lunch time.

3. First meal is a low to moderate carb grainless vegan meal. (Such as chili beans with avocado slices and hot sauce)

4. Dinner is one plate of anything I fucking want. Usually whatever the family is having. No second helpings, ever.

Pros: easiest diet in the world. No counting calories or macros. Cock looks HUGE. Finally getting veins on biceps.

Cons: initial weakness, esp. training in a fasted state. Weight loss is slow, in part because of lack of fat burners.

*In this version you "fast" from night time till around lunch the next day. There are different forms of intermittent Fasting.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2012, 01:16:34 PM »
Started in July at about 255. I'm 230 now, weight loss has been VERY slow, in my opinion. I consume my meals between 1pm and 7pm.* Diet has been fairly low protein. Felt pretty weak for about 2 months, now I feel like a fucking badass (no homo). My body eventually got used to the lower protein, but this approach is better geared towards maintenance, and would not be appropriate for muscle gain. Here are the details:

1. Intermittent fasting is combined with the diet plan called "Vegan till Dinner". This is to address a family history of heart disease I was JUST told about.  ::) Anyway, no animal products are consumed before dinner.

2. Exercise is done in a fasted state. Usually a run, a bike ride or some bodyweight bullshit. This generally happens at lunch time.

3. First meal is a low to moderate carb grainless vegan meal. (Such as chili beans with avocado slices and hot sauce)

4. Dinner is one plate of anything I fucking want. Usually whatever the family is having. No second helpings, ever.

Pros: easiest diet in the world. No counting calories or macros. Cock looks HUGE. Finally getting veins on biceps.

Cons: initial weakness, esp. training in a fasted state. Weight loss is slow, in part because of lack of fat burners.

*In this version you "fast" from night time till around lunch the next day. There are different forms of intermittent Fasting.

Dude, if that 25lbs is all fat-loss then that is pretty fucking decent..
O

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2012, 01:18:24 PM »
Yeah, I think the whole window thing is tailored around getting your biggest meal after a workout.

Lol,I never really read into it,it just seemed logical.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2012, 01:19:23 PM »
Dude, if that 25lbs is all fat-loss then that is pretty fucking decent..

What I fucking LOVE is not having 6 tiny, bullshit body building meals all day long. That way of eating fucking SUCKS. I'll never eat like that again. That's the beauty of IF. I love stuffing my face at night on a giant plate of spaghetti or whatever.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2012, 01:20:43 PM »
First and foremost, thank you for the detailed response.

Diet has been fairly low protein.

Why has this low-protein approach been employed?  Also, would this be the direct cause for little muscle gain experienced?

Here are the details:

Does this also include protein from Salmon or say maybe chicken?  In other words, while understanding the ramifications of hereditary heart disease, would it not be feasible to include animal meats like Salmon or chicken that are typically low in saturated fats unlike pork or cow meat?

You also mentioned that your skinny mini has improved in presentation, does this include added length or just visualization by way of less stomach fat?

Again, thanks for the feedback!

"1"

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2012, 01:47:02 PM »
First and foremost, thank you for the detailed response.

Why has this low-protein approach been employed?  Also, would this be the direct cause for little muscle gain experienced?

Does this also include protein from Salmon or say maybe chicken?  In other words, while understanding the ramifications of hereditary heart disease, would it not be feasible to include animal meats like Salmon or chicken that are typically low in saturated fats unlike pork or cow meat?

You also mentioned that your skinny mini has improved in presentation, does this include added length or just visualization by way of less stomach fat?

Again, thanks for the feedback!

"1"

The cool thing about I.F. is that it isn't a diet. It's a eating strategy. You could really tailor it to many types of food consumption. I'm totally in love with it.

My thinking behind low protein is that I don't care anymore if I lose muscle. I turned 40 recently, if I was ever going to be a big, buffed muscle man it would have happened long ago. I am no longer delusional, as Adonis would describe it.

My dad went totally vegan after his heart attack. That was when he decided to remind me that his mom died of heart disease as well as his grandmother. Vegan till six just eliminates choice and makes everything simpler. I didn't want to think about my diet. I've been digging the vegan chili and curry lentils, monster salads etc.

I was at the store in july trying to pick out some tuna to have with my salad, and they were all around 3 bucks. And there was like a million brands. I just said to my self "fuckit, I'm sick of this bullshit."  It was a moment of clarity, I don't need to eat meat. I don't need to think about designing the perfect muscle man, lean gainer diet.

Just started doing a little manscaping again after letting myself go for years. I could swear it's an inch longer. It looks like a fucking cartoon penis.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2012, 01:52:57 PM »
Sorry, I'm a little obsessed about this subject. This is the documentary that changed my life. I felt like I was stuck in a fat suit  and was suddenly handed a get out of jail free card.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2012, 01:56:39 PM »
Sorry, I'm a little obsessed about this subject. This is the documentary that changed my life. I felt like I was stuck in a fat suit  and was suddenly handed a get out of jail free card.

Nothing to feel sorry about man.  Some of us old warhorses need a little boost in our daily approach to eating and it's important to be open minded about these things.

We men in our 40's need to consider that in order to live another 40+ years it is important to modify our diets as need be.  Our organisms can't keep up with the garbage that we are sold to eat the way we once did when in our mid 20's.

"1"

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2012, 02:16:46 PM »
i live by leangains now... shit works for me

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 02:21:29 PM »

"1"

This is the one thing I never understand about most of the bodybuilding diets I see... how are you supposed to eat so few carbs?  50g is 200 calories.  How many calories do you eat per day?  2000?  Even that, which is really a small amount, means 1800 calories from fat and protein?  If we're talking only protein, thats 450 grams!!!

So what's the fat percentage?  Most people talk about eating "healthy," and generally most concepts of "health" don't include a dietary intake of 50% fat or anywhere near it, so let's say 30% (which is high by most standards).  30% of 1800 is 540, divided by 9 calories per gram is 60gr.  This leaves 1460 for protein, which, at 4 calories per gram, would be 365 grams!!

Given there's, roughly 100g protein per 1lb of lean meats (lean ground beef, chicken, salmon, etc.)  That's over 3 1/2 lbs of meat a day, plus like one serving of pasta for the carbs, and NOTHING ELSE... W T F does anyone really eat like this?

Increase the number to 3000 cals, and the numbers get even wonkier... you're up to like 4+ lbs of meat.

How do you flavor the meat, while keeping things "healthy"?  Or is every meal just slab after slab of boneless, skinless chicken breast?  :-X

The thought alone is enough to make me wanna go vegetarian...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 02:32:13 PM »
I eat like one or 2 meals a day, if that. I might even go a day without eating.
I used be a glutton, until one day I was rushed to the hospital.
After findig out that I have kidney issues, I kinda stopped satig and dropped to 118. My parents were worried about my dramatic weight loss (170ish to 118), and tried to coerce me to eat more. I would have a plate in front of me, and refuse to eat. And it still happens, I think it's a result of what happened to me.
So, now I just eat when I feel like it.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2012, 02:37:17 PM »

Krank, I'd also be interested to know why you hated it.

X6 M, BMW

Mjolnir

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2012, 02:55:05 PM »
I tried it.............for a few days.  It left me very light headed and weak.  What I'm seeing here though is a lot of people following a ketogenic diet and then only eating in the 4-8hr window and in my opinion it's the ketogenic diet that does the work not the IF.  Less then 50gms of carbs per day = keto.  I follow keto when I want to lose fat and it works well but I only do it in 2-4 week blocks and then eat normally. Here's my regimen stolen from Clay Hight:

1 cup egg whites 2 whole eggs w/ onion pepers etc
1 1/2 oz of protein powder 10z almonds
6oz lean chicken fish beef all the vegies you want (no carbs) 1 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 oz of protein powder 4 oz strawberry's
6oz lean chicken fish beef all the vegies you want (no carbs) 1 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 oz of protein powder or 1 cup egg whites 2 whole eggs w/ onion pepers etc

Eat the above in 1-6 meals or however you wnat it and lose around 1 pound per week of FAT and no muscle/strength loss.  This works for me but keto doesn't give me any of the issues some others report such as listlessness or dizziness etc.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2012, 03:08:17 PM »
I eat like one or 2 meals a day, if that. I might even go a day without eating.
I used be a glutton, until one day I was rushed to the hospital.
After findig out that I have kidney issues, I kinda stopped satig and dropped to 118. My parents were worried about my dramatic weight loss (170ish to 118), and tried to coerce me to eat more. I would have a plate in front of me, and refuse to eat. And it still happens, I think it's a result of what happened to me.
So, now I just eat when I feel like it.

118? how tall are you parkour?

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2012, 03:24:03 PM »

What I'm seeing here though is a lot of people following a ketogenic diet and then only eating in the 4-8hr window and in my opinion it's the ketogenic diet that does the work not the IF. 

Exactly. This is far from anything new and no one is breaking new ground here. Face it, eating 5-6 meals a day SUCKS. Hence why this is taking off. It's a lot easier to stick to this than actually being diligent about anything. Obviously, do whatever works for YOU, but do not kid yourself and say this is the best way of doing things. Cause if you can't stay consistent with it then its like washing your car with a dirty rag. If I ever sauced up you bet your sweet ass I'd start eating like this.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2012, 03:31:24 PM »
Easiest way of dieting and there are some possible health benefits from the fasting. I've lost 25-30 pounds since July.

One small meal and one big meal of whatever you want in moderation. With gear this works miracles.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2012, 03:48:48 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2012, 03:56:23 PM »
But does it work Joe?

Have you tried it?

"1"

I haven't done it since it's been somewhat commercialized but when getting ready for shows (80's-90) it would work like this. During the week Hi protein, med to high fat, low carbs, Sundays were cheat DAYS, and by cheat days we would start at midnight Sunday and fucking stuff ourselves all day with anything and everything. With me I would start at the donut shop or IHOP for chocolate chip pancakes then the rest of the day being shit food fest till I went to bed on Sunday. Monday until Tuesday morning would be a fast day....NOTHING. By about mid-morning (after about three full shits) I was freaking starving and then couldn't wait till I stated on my tuna, chicken. veggies and water.

By mid week I had not only dropped all the weight I put on from the cheatday but had dropped an additional couple of pounds. It works, as a matter of fact (physiologically speaking) that worked better than what they have today. Like I told TA, I spoke about this with Berardi and he actually agreed with me.  

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2012, 04:01:43 PM »
You must eat while looking out an open window 30min before sunset.

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2012, 04:19:11 PM »

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2012, 05:07:11 PM »

Great documentary!

Sat through the entire thing and at the very least this approach is worth a shot for at least a month in order to gauge what preliminary results might be.

"1"