Author Topic: "scripture says this!!! scripture says that!!" <-- not an argument for anything  (Read 13051 times)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
The scripture says that the scripture says that it's okay to use it for arguments.

End of thread.
G

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
The scripture says that the scripture says that it's okay to use it for arguments.

End of thread.

Scripture is meaningless to nonbelievers, nothing new here.....I may as well post "as208**lkn32, lais5454\\, ahlksd49" in reference to nonbeliever objections......because scripture "bah, worthless....man made fantasies."

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Scripture is meaningless to nonbelievers, nothing new here.....I may as well post "as208**lkn32, lais5454\\, ahlksd49" in reference to nonbeliever objections......because scripture "bah, worthless....man made fantasies."
Listen up, you dirty little masturbater.

I'll see you in hell.
G

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
Listen up, you dirty little masturbater.

I'll see you in hell.

Have a blessed day garebear!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Because we know it's not flat  ::) You can with a few million dollars go up in space and verify it yourself.
have you ever personally verified that information? have you had some kind of first hand experience that proves the earth is round? i highly doubt it. you see pictures, videos, and testimony of experts to confirm the world is not flat. but you yourself dont have any proof, nor have ever seen proof of it. yet you take the opinion of the experts, and acccept the evidence they provide without questioning whether the "evidence" is fabricated.

you may do well to use that kind of logic, accepting the opinions of the experts, when it comes to other issues as well. like for example, the nature of the development of species.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
but scripture is also meaningless to large amount of believers.  garebear made a great point, a point ive been trying to make this entire thread, that "because i said so" isnt proof of anything. scripture hijacks the potency of wisdom and the divine and uses it to fool people into accepting a man made document as the book of god.  the old testament in particular was mainly a political tool created by kings for political purpouses.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Then your knowledge of God comes from your own whims and desires, your own opinions and your own man made assumptions.It's like you saying you don't need prophets or messengers. Or whatever they did, said, you don't care.

The thing is, determining which and what of the scriptures is truthful and which is not. It is one of the things that made me leave christianity and embrace islam. I studied various religions of the world including their scriptures. Heck even hinduism (did you know they actually believe ultimately there is only one God? But that the brahman priests ultimately created the caste system, idolatry amongst other things to control people).

Is it better your knowledge of god comes from man written manuscripts?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
but scripture is also meaningless to large amount of believers.  garebear made a great point, a point ive been trying to make this entire thread, that "because i said so" isnt proof of anything. scripture hijacks the potency of wisdom and the divine and uses it to fool people into accepting a man made document as the book of god.  the old testament in particular was mainly a political tool created by kings for political purpouses.
The "because I said so argument" is simply not my point....it has nothing to do with MOS LOL.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
The "because I said so argument" is simply not my point....it has nothing to do with MOS LOL.
its the "because scripture says so" argument that im referring to when i mention the "because I say so" argument.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Have a blessed day garebear!
Always, my man. (No homo)
G

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Is it better your knowledge of god comes from man written manuscripts?

Our knowledge comes from what is retained from the prophets and messengers that revealed to us God's message.

Islam is the only uncorrupted religion that remains. Anyone who strays from it we still have all the records of revelation which the same cannot be said about other religions.

If every man conjures up for himself what he wants to believe, then what is the truth?

Tbombz believes that men should let themselves be killed and 'love their enemy' so that they can change and become good. which makes totally non-sense and he makes up all htese beliefs on his own twisted accord.

God teaches us to defend ourselves and not transgress limits and God does not like the transgresors (partially paraphrasing from qur'an).

Imagine if nazis were slaughtering left and right and tbomzb told everyone no no no no show them LOVE when they stab you in the face and shoot you in the face.

Did the Iraqi girl who was raped and murdered by US soldiers 'show love', did the family and home tha tthese soldiers then set on fire 'show love' did they 'turn to be good people' in that moment? It is disgusting what he preaches and is merely his own twisted fraudulent belief.

It does not come from God and he does not know where it comes from except himself. He takes what he wants how he wants and where does he get this love thy enemy from? The bible. Yet he rejects scriptures, what is the context of it? Does it mean stand and be killed? No.

In islam we are told to repay evil with good so that the other may realize how they are wrong. This is in fact a concept in islam. HOWEVER it does not tell us to blindly sit there smiling while someone is trusting towards us with a sword/gun/whatever.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Our knowledge comes from what is retained from the prophets and messengers that revealed to us God's message.

Islam is the only uncorrupted religion that remains. Anyone who strays from it we still have all the records of revelation which the same cannot be said about other religions.

If every man conjures up for himself what he wants to believe, then what is the truth?

Tbombz believes that men should let themselves be killed and 'love their enemy' so that they can change and become good. which makes totally non-sense and he makes up all htese beliefs on his own twisted accord.

God teaches us to defend ourselves and not transgress limits and God does not like the transgresors (partially paraphrasing from qur'an).

Imagine if nazis were slaughtering left and right and tbomzb told everyone no no no no show them LOVE when they stab you in the face and shoot you in the face.

Did the Iraqi girl who was raped and murdered by US soldiers 'show love', did the family and home tha tthese soldiers then set on fire 'show love' did they 'turn to be good people' in that moment? It is disgusting what he preaches and is merely his own twisted fraudulent belief.

It does not come from God and he does not know where it comes from except himself. He takes what he wants how he wants and where does he get this love thy enemy from? The bible. Yet he rejects scriptures, what is the context of it? Does it mean stand and be killed? No.

In islam we are told to repay evil with good so that the other may realize how they are wrong. This is in fact a concept in islam. HOWEVER it does not tell us to blindly sit there smiling while someone is trusting towards us with a sword/gun/whatever.

I take that as a yes

Stefano

• Getbig III

What a load of tripe. Go travel and see the love muslims show others of different religions.
Muhammed was a brilliant con artist much like Joesph smith.Both claimed they spoke to god.  Both spawned a cult that grew into a religion.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
What a load of tripe. Go travel and see the love muslims show others of different religions.
Muhammed was a brilliant con artist much like Joesph smith.Both claimed they spoke to god.  Both spawned a cult that grew into a religion.

In my opinion all religions are cults

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
In my opinion all religions are cults

I put no stock in religion or man.  I have my faith which I freely share.  Or not. 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
G

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
have you ever personally verified that information? have you had some kind of first hand experience that proves the earth is round? i highly doubt it. you see pictures, videos, and testimony of experts to confirm the world is not flat. but you yourself dont have any proof, nor have ever seen proof of it. yet you take the opinion of the experts, and acccept the evidence they provide without questioning whether the "evidence" is fabricated.

you may do well to use that kind of logic, accepting the opinions of the experts, when it comes to other issues as well. like for example, the nature of the development of species.
Are you suggesting that if someone hasn't witnessed somebody die, they can't know for sure if death is real and that death will happen to them and everybody else.  Are all the graveyards a bit of a running joke, since I never witnessed them die, maybe they didn't.  Is a photo of the earth taken from space not enough proof for you that the earth is round, or being at the beach and a ship slowly appears over the horizon, can you not work it out from that.  You must have major trust issues if you think their is a major conspiracy about the shape of the planet! Seriously.
V

Butterbean

• Getbig V
The destruction of the Biblical city of Sodom was due to their mistreatment of strangers.

Scripture regarding the above point:

Gen 19:1-5
That evening the two angels came to the entrance of the city of Sodom. Lot was sitting there, and when he saw them, he stood up to meet them. Then he welcomed them and bowed with his face to the ground.  “My lords,” he said, “come to my home to wash your feet, and be my guests for the night. You may then get up early in the morning and be on your way again.”

“Oh no,” they replied. “We’ll just spend the night out here in the city square.”

But Lot insisted, so at last they went home with him. Lot prepared a feast for them, complete with fresh bread made without yeast, and they ate. But before they retired for the night, all the men of Sodom, young and old, came from all over the city and surrounded the house.  They shouted to Lot, “Where are the men who came to spend the night with you? Bring them out to us so we can have sex with them!”

R

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Are you suggesting that if someone hasn't witnessed somebody die, they can't know for sure if death is real and that death will happen to them and everybody else.  Are all the graveyards a bit of a running joke, since I never witnessed them die, maybe they didn't.  Is a photo of the earth taken from space not enough proof for you that the earth is round, or being at the beach and a ship slowly appears over the horizon, can you not work it out from that.  You must have major trust issues if you think their is a major conspiracy about the shape of the planet! Seriously.
i think you were high when you posted this  ;D    my comments had to deal with thinking you something is true when you have never experienced its truth before.  and comparing belief in evolution to a belief that the earth is round. because, most likely, someone who denies evolution doesnt deny that the earth is round. but yet, thats despite not having any first hand experience on either subject. which leads to the apex of my point.. that if your going to trust scientific consensus  about the earth being round, why not trust in regards to the development of organisms ?