Author Topic: Official G & O Debate Rematch Thread  (Read 24605 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Official G & O Debate Rematch Thread
« Reply #300 on: October 18, 2012, 11:19:19 PM »
Believe it or not, some people perceive aggressiveness as a negative coming from a black person and not so much when it comes from a white person. So I suspect there is some truth to his having that fear. Thankfully, he got over it in time for the second debate.

Or, it's simply a case of his being caught flat-footed and Romney going upside his head, at 100 MPH.

Did Obama really think that Romney wouldn't come loaded for bear in a debate? Or does he, like too many of his supporters, thinks he can hide behind his skin color, when he fails to get the job done?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #301 on: October 19, 2012, 09:13:53 AM »
Or, it's simply a case of his being caught flat-footed and Romney going upside his head, at 100 MPH.

Did Obama really think that Romney wouldn't come loaded for bear in a debate? Or does he, like too many of his supporters, thinks he can hide behind his skin color, when he fails to get the job done?

Most of the folks I know support President Obama. Most of them are white. They usually get the job done. But if they didn't, do you think they would hide behind their skin color?

Anyway, it seems like you have your debates mixed up. Romney didn't win this debate. Obama got the job done! Have you been in a coma since Tuesday night?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #302 on: October 19, 2012, 09:18:03 AM »
Most of the folks I know support President Obama. Most of them are white. They usually get the job done. But if they didn't, do you think they would hide behind their skin color?

Anyway, it seems like you have your debates mixed up. Romney didn't win this debate. Obama got the job done! Have you been in a coma since Tuesday night?

LOL - yeah to his delusional cult of sheep.   What are we talking about today?   His lies on energy, lybia, etc. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #303 on: October 19, 2012, 09:47:22 AM »

I'm not mixing up the debates. You will recall that Garebear posted that cute comic, claiming that only the Republicans made excuses for losing a debate. I reminded him of all the mess the left was saying, after Obama tanked the first debate, including "Fear-of-Angry-Black-Man"-Gate.

As for Obama getting it done in debate 2, you could have fooled me. One, as mentioned earlier, Romney beat Obama on four of five major issues, surrounding the debate. Thus, Obama won simply for not sucking, as he did last time.

That also seems to be manifested by the fact that, while Romney's win in debate one catapulted him above Obama, the president's win of debate #2 (thus far) hasn't done JACK to help his re-election bid.

Since that debate, Obama has lost lead in the RCP electoral college man and now Romney leads him in Gallup, 52-45.

Unless those number change and change rather quickly, it appears Obama' second debate win is as hollow as a beach ball.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #304 on: October 19, 2012, 12:12:05 PM »
It is wrong to tell anyone how to vote regardless of who you are. If unions (usually the union members do the endorsements) endorse candidates and some union members choose not to vote for that candidate, it is no big deal. If your employer tells you who to vote for they can, hypothetically, hold your job hostage.

Where in that statement is he suggesting employers tell their employees how to vote?

And if you think unions don't strong- arm their members into voting their way and if they don't "it's no big deal", then you haven't been paying attention!

Romney, speaking on a call to the very conservative National Federation of Independent Business, tells a group of business owners that they should “make it very clear” how they feel about the candidates. He also tells the business owners to “pass… along to your employees” how their jobs might be effected by who wins in November:

I hope you make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future in the upcoming elections. And whether you agree with me or you agree with President Obama, or whatever your political view, I hope — I hope you pass those along to your employees. Nothing illegal about you talking to your employees about what you believe is best for the business, because I think that will figure into their election decision, their voting decision and of course doing that with your family and your kids as well.
:

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: October 19, 2012, 12:18:32 PM »
Where in that statement is he suggesting employers tell their employees how to vote?

And if you think unions don't strong- arm their members into voting their way and if they don't "it's no big deal", then you haven't been paying attention!

Its only wrong when business does it.  its never wrong wjhen the union thugs do it.  

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #306 on: October 19, 2012, 12:24:23 PM »
The Unions are out of fucking control.

You should see how they're literally shaking down my city.  They have council by the balls and all the citizens are paying the price.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #307 on: October 19, 2012, 01:00:29 PM »

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #308 on: October 19, 2012, 01:44:24 PM »
Of course Ann Romney is looking out of the corner of her eye...there's angry black people around.  You're expecting her to just stand there and get shanked by Michelle?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #309 on: October 19, 2012, 01:53:41 PM »

Rosie is a bit off base.  White Latinos will jump on the Romney/Puppet ticket like it's no tomorrow, since those two are what they always wished they could be.

Hey Rosie, I loved your Soul Tan days.

J Ho had nothing on you  ;)

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: October 20, 2012, 08:31:14 AM »
Its only wrong when business does it.  its never wrong wjhen the union thugs do it.  

Obviously, you do not have union associations.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: October 20, 2012, 08:37:54 AM »
Obviously, you do not have union associations.

The union thugs have destroyed the state i live in.  the unions, especially the public sector goons, are like breeding locusts and parasites. 

Even FDR said public sector should not be able to unionize. 

Unions do nothing but benefit the union, do nothing for the average guy who has to pay for the hihgher costs, labor, etc. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: October 21, 2012, 08:47:18 AM »
The union thugs have destroyed the state i live in.  the unions, especially the public sector goons, are like breeding locusts and parasites. 

Even FDR said public sector should not be able to unionize. 

Unions do nothing but benefit the union, do nothing for the average guy who has to pay for the hihgher costs, labor, etc. 

I cannot speak for New York, but in Oregon where I live, most public employees earn modest incomes with benefits that mirror private sector workers. I retired after working in the public sector for nearly 30 years. When I first moved from a private sector job to a public one, I took a large reduction in wages with a small bump in benefits. As medical insurance became more and more expensive over the years, the employees where I worked were asked to pay an ever larger portion of the premiums while the benefits were reduced (co-pays increased). In order to avoid paying for benefits, many public employers are hiring part-time employees just as happens in the private sector. Sometimes the grass just looks greener until you are standing on it.

You might find this interesting reading: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R41897.pdf