Author Topic: NIKE has severed ties with Lance Armstrong  (Read 13234 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: NIKE has severed ties with Lance Armstrong
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2012, 05:26:38 AM »
Still aligations , he never failed a single drug test, won't get sued for shit
You are wrong. He represents these companies to promote them. I'm sure there is a clause in the contract and even if there isn't they want their money back. So many of his former teamates are willing to testify against him but he won't defend himself in court letting his wins be stripped.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2012, 05:35:40 AM »
Tommywishbone, Uberman, Bike Nut and Master Blaster pretty much have nailed it.  Like Ive said before, George Hincapie, Lances "faithful lieutenant" is a neighbor of mine in SC. Guy plays it like hes a saint and totally acts now like he never knew Lance. George , his wife Melanie, Lance and Sheryl Crow used to pal around constantly in Greenville. But now its "Lance who?"

And oldtimer, when you have a net worth of over 100 million, you don't have it sitting in a pile waiting for people to take it. In fact, in liquid and "touchable" assets you have maybe a few million sitting around.

When you read about Lance these days its as if he murdered someone. Ive read online that hes the second coming of Hitler and shattered people's faith, lol. Faith in what? That he played the game far better than anyone ever has in winning the Tour de France? Read the history of the Tour. Drugs? Tell me about a Tour that hasn't been touched by scandal.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doping_at_the_Tour_de_France    Jacques Anquetil, the late French racer who won the Tour 5 times remarked that the Tour wasn't won on mineral water. And he tested positive numerous times for amphetamine use. Of course there are shrines everywhere for him in France.

If you have assets of 100 million dollars you have a lot of cash  that can be accessed.  Real estate can be sold. Stocks, bonds and other equity can be cashed in. Cars can be sold. True there will be unaccounted wealth that can't be turned quickly in to cash.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2012, 03:54:47 PM »
Kind of ironic huh? Here you are on a bodybuilding website talking about how some people are "too vain to admit drug use". LMAO

Ill leave Bay and OMR to comment on the "fag" part.

lol are you new here?

Jizzacked

« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2012, 04:40:53 PM »
lance must have seriously butthurt some one in the past who has made this whole witch hunt their sole focus in life.  the guy's accomplishments and career are practically ancient history... pretty pathetic shit.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2012, 04:41:01 PM »
It hasn't really been confirmed, though. Not beyond a shadow of a doubt.

The ASADA is basing it on circumstantial evidence. They don't have a smoking gun. The only reason Lance is convicted of doping is because he chose not to appeal anymore. The whole thing seems just a bit questionable. I can't fathom a reason why the ASADA would do a witchhunt for Lance for no reason but who really knows...

IMOP Lance decided to squash it because he was going to end up dead in a river somewhere or worse. Supposedly Lance has paid off more people than anyone for clean test etc(as do many other people) Now it can end two ways, Lance can just squash it all or he comes clean about everything and really brings down whole thing and most likely ends up dead.  The Feds know about the payoffs and bribes. Which is a federal crime. And supposedly there are more than one illegally recorded conversation with Armstrong and his people doing the payoffs and bribes. It looks like Armstrong got pinned into a corner and was given a choice. The boys at NIKE know about the recorded convo's and that's a major reason they're dumping him now instead of dealing with it later if it's ever leaked. And like almost everything, it will be.  

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2012, 04:06:34 AM »
IMOP Lance decided to squash it because he was going to end up dead in a river somewhere or worse. Supposedly Lance has paid off more people than anyone for clean test etc(as do many other people) Now it can end two ways, Lance can just squash it all or he comes clean about everything and really brings down whole thing and most likely ends up dead.  The Feds know about the payoffs and bribes. Which is a federal crime. And supposedly there are more than one illegally recorded conversation with Armstrong and his people doing the payoffs and bribes. It looks like Armstrong got pinned into a corner and was given a choice. The boys at NIKE know about the recorded convo's and that's a major reason they're dumping him now instead of dealing with it later if it's ever leaked. And like almost everything, it will be.  

This sounds similar to what happened with Art Atwood, except Lance has chosen not to spill. If what you say is true, Lance may have just saved his life. You know what, even if he was 100% clean (for arguement sake), even with the titles and reputation gone, he will still know he won all those things. If he wasn't clean, well justice has been done.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2012, 04:21:53 AM »
Question now is, will there be an apology and if so
what kind of apology.

Or will he kill himself. If it weren't a psychopath, which
he most likely is, suicide would be a real possibility.

Either way he is royally fucked and he has himself to blame.
He didn't just dope, he did it in such a brazen manner,
built a fake dream story around it, even went so far as
to buy drug testing equipment for the drug testers Lol.

I'm happy he was exposed, fuck him.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2012, 04:31:45 AM »
what kind of apology.

Always the voice of reason.

But I don't see him committing suicide to be honest, rather the opposite. He's the prototype of a 100% psychopath. He's not thinking about giving up his lies and he never will. He'll continue to deny and fight the allegations until his death.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2012, 04:41:06 AM »

But I don't see him committing suicide to be honest, rather the opposite. He's the prototype of a 100% psychopath. He's not thinking about giving up his lies and he never will. He'll continue to deny and fight the allegations until his death.

i wonder how man French hotties he's nailed?

oh-la-la! oui, c'est bien ;D

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2012, 11:24:31 AM »

x2 normal state of mind people dont commit suicide
A

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2012, 11:28:00 AM »
Didn't Chris Bennet go from bodybuilding to cycling?  :-\
bill pearl and kal skalnak did. also chuck pranke.
F

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2012, 11:29:53 AM »
Just like OJ, he has denied it for so long, he's convinced himself that he never did it.

He'll work on a book, "I didn't dope, but if I did, this is how I would have done it"

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2012, 12:32:27 PM »
what kind of apology.

NO EXCUSES!!! >:(

People are only apologizing and are "sorry" for what they did when they are caught! Otherwize they couldnt give a rats ass! They`ll keep living their own lies untill the hard evidence lies flat out on the table... I swear, humans are the most pathetic, filthy piece of shit! May a superior lifeform destroy us all.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2012, 12:39:25 PM »
It's just NIKE's way of avoiding getting busted in the $500k bribe to clear Lance in a positive drug test years ago.   NIKE's just covering their asses right now, avoiding going to trial.

Meanwhile, the heat is off Vick, Kobe, Woods.

Trek and Anheuser-Busch dumped him too.
:

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2012, 01:18:45 PM »
x2 normal state of mind people dont commit suicide

I don't know if you misunderstood, but a person with a normal psychological makeup
would be pushed toward suicide in a situation like this, it wouldn't be an abnormal response. Think of the predicament he's in and what his future is looking like.

A psychopath however doesn't react normally. There is no remorse, no feelings of guilt and so on. A normal person would have had problems lying on this grand a scale in the first place, to be able to manipulate and intimidate people like this over such a long period of time.

NO EXCUSES!!! >:(

People are only apologizing and are "sorry" for what they did when they are caught! Otherwize they couldnt give a rats ass! They`ll keep living their own lies untill the hard evidence lies flat out on the table... I swear, humans are the most pathetic, filthy piece of shit! May a superior lifeform destroy us all.

Absolutely. I respect honesty above else. Not that Lance gives a flying fuck about my respect, but I would have some respect for him if he was honest for once.

An honest admission and explanation would go something like this: "I doped. I doped before cancer and after cancer, and I would do it all over again. I have only one regret, and that is that I got caught. No one forced me to dope, if anything I pressured other people on my teams to dope. I intimidated other people to keep them quiet, I lied about them to make them look like jealous liars. My cancer foundation had nothing to do with compassion for other people, it was all to advance my own legend and fame and fortune. I won't cry fake tears for you and if you don't like it go fuck yourself".  :D

That will never happen of course.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2012, 01:29:23 PM »
He probably hide most of his money overseas and will just stay out of the public eye for the rest of his life. If he ever gets called before congress/court system, he will just plea the 5th from here on out. But i'm guessing he will go into somewhat hiding.  He knows he won the titles fair and square because the whole sport is corrupt, but like someone else said, he went above and beyond with the lying and the whole cancer thing. Dude probably got cancer from some exotic drugs he was using. If he has it at all. With sociopaths, he could have fake the whole thing. I'm not saying he did, but I don't put it past people to do it.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2012, 01:40:57 PM »
It's true that it's all corrupt. WADA is corrupt, with their lies each time the Olympics rolls around, how they now have the doping problem under control. IOC the same. USADA the same despite this
attempt at whitewashing the current state of the sport.

Now all the pro cyclists who came out with their admissions of past trangressions seem to say the sport got clean in 2006 exactly - the champions right now are clean. What a bunch of bullshit.

Where are the honest people? They would say the whole drug war in sports is a joke. THERE IS NO SOLUTION, THIS "PROBLEM" CAN'T BE FIXED! Either talk about merely limiting doping, that testing is merely an attempt to contain the problem somewhat, it will never come close to eliminating it, or do away with the whole drug ban alltogether.

Fuck em all.

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2012, 03:08:53 PM »
This.

The UCI, IOC and the Tour De France Societe have 1,000's of rules in their rule books. None of those rules mention, "teammates", "drug addicted Teammates", "Teammates girlfriend's", etc.   He played by their rules and passed all, ALL of their test.

The USADA is meaningless in the sport of professional cycling.

tommy boyo I am surprised to see that our exchange has been expunged from this thread.

Did you go crying to the moderators that I hurt your feelings?? or was it just another case of premature ejaculation/moderation that is rampant these days

Now, Now , dont lie to me

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2012, 04:18:46 PM »
Trek and Anheuser-Busch dumped him too.

And, Giro and Honey Stinger.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2012, 04:20:05 PM »
Anybody bother to read through the Affidavits from all of the witnesses?

Incredible what went on!!!    :o

MikMaq

« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2012, 04:23:07 PM »
He should write a book it'd sell millions.

Why I did it, and why yall can lick my nut.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2012, 04:24:41 PM »
"I didn't dope, but if I did, this is how I would have done it"

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2012, 05:10:56 PM »
"I didn't dope, but if I did, this is how I would have done it"

lolz. Nicely played

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2012, 05:58:58 PM »
tommy boyo I am surprised to see that our exchange has been expunged from this thread.

Did you go crying to the moderators that I hurt your feelings?? or was it just another case of premature ejaculation/moderation that is rampant these days

Now, Now , dont lie to me

Mods?  I have never tried to have anything deleted from getbig.  Hurt feelings? LOL! This is the internet not the playground in 3rd grade.
a

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2012, 04:36:25 AM »
It's true that it's all corrupt. WADA is corrupt, with their lies each time the Olympics rolls around, how they now have the doping problem under control. IOC the same. USADA the same despite this
attempt at whitewashing the current state of the sport.

Now all the pro cyclists who came out with their admissions of past trangressions seem to say the sport got clean in 2006 exactly - the champions right now are clean. What a bunch of bullshit.

Where are the honest people? They would say the whole drug war in sports is a joke. THERE IS NO SOLUTION, THIS "PROBLEM" CAN'T BE FIXED! Either talk about merely limiting doping, that testing is merely an attempt to contain the problem somewhat, it will never come close to eliminating it, or do away with the whole drug ban alltogether.

Fuck em all.

This is why people think it can be cleaned up. Because now it's supposedly clean, yet the riders are going no slower than before. The general public believes you can achieve naturally what can be achieved juiced, it just takes more work and that drugs are the easy way out.