Author Topic: Thinking of putting GF on 500 cal diet  (Read 18341 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Thinking of putting GF on 500 cal diet
« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
Once again......how much does she weigh? What is her daily activity? What is her body type?

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #126 on: October 18, 2012, 10:07:25 PM »
Fail what? What are you talking about and who are you deferring.too?

this thread. low cal diets. hcg for weight loss. blah blah blah she ain't got no god damn metabolism problem.

simple: don't eat shit. the truth hurts.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2012, 10:09:44 PM »
500 calories a day seems excessively low?...Almost starvation?...Would not 1200 a day be more in line with moderation?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2012, 10:10:49 PM »
this thread. low cal diets. hcg for weight loss. blah blah blah she ain't got no god damn metabolism problem.

simple: don't eat shit. the truth hurts.

No such thing as a "metabolism problem".

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2012, 10:12:04 PM »
Your gf is secretly snacking during nighttime, lunch or whenever you are not around.  :-\
all drugs - TPPIIP

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2012, 10:18:34 PM »
500 calories a day seems excessively low?...Almost starvation?...Would not 1200 a day be more in line with moderation?

No, too low unless you weigh 120lbs and trying drop weight.

Simple calculation is to take your bodyweight x.10 to .12 at the most for dropping fat. Take that number and break it down into macros depending on body type. Can't go on because we don't know the body type. Again, you can't make a blanket statement like "cut carbs" unless you know the details.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2012, 10:25:22 PM »
Once again......how much does she weigh? What is her daily activity? What is her body type?
Fluctuates between 65-67kg. 1,65m tall. Weight training 3x a week. Endomorph

lightweight

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #132 on: October 18, 2012, 10:48:32 PM »

Simple calculation is to take your bodyweight x.10 to .12 at the most for dropping fat. Take that number and break it down into macros depending on body type. Can't go on because we don't know the body type. Again, you can't make a blanket statement like "cut carbs" unless you know the details.

200lbs x .10 = 20 calories

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #133 on: October 18, 2012, 10:50:13 PM »
One does not simply put his girlfriend on a diet.
G

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #134 on: October 18, 2012, 10:50:31 PM »
Fluctuates between 65-67kg. 1,65m tall. Weight training 3x a week. Endomorph

Ok, calculate her lowest bodyweight by 12 (because I would consider that moderately active). Endo's are usually insulin dominant, probably carries fat in her abdominals and low back, mostly. Break it down to about..

35% Protein
25% Carbs
40% fats

Timing is a must. All starchy, sugary carbs should be included only during and after training. Veggies and fruits (about 5:1 ratio) should be eaten at each additional meal.

Now when I say "timing" I don't necessarily mean clock time, but usually with activity, like a training session. Carb tolerance is much improved after exercise, therefore dietary carbs are better utilized duing that period than at any other time. Does this make sense?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #135 on: October 18, 2012, 10:52:39 PM »
200lbs x .10 = 20 calories

Hahaha, I meant x10. lol

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2012, 10:54:25 PM »
Ok, calculate her lowest bodyweight by .12 (because I would consider that moderately active). Endo's are usually insulin dominant, probably carries fat in her abdominals and low back, mostly. Break it down to about..

35% Protein
25% Carbs
40% fats

Timing is a must. All starchy, sugary carbs should be included only during and after training. Veggies and fruits (about 5:1 ratio) should be eaten at each additional meal.

Now when I say "timing" I don't necessarily mean clock time, but usually with activity, like a training session. Carb tolerance is much improved after exercise, therefore dietary carbs are better utilized duing that period than at any other time. Does this make sense?

???

completely Cut the Bad Carbs and force the body to use White Fat for energy.  She'll peal the fat off over night.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2012, 10:55:19 PM »
???

completely Cut the Bad Carbs and force the body to use White Fat for energy.  She'll peal the fat off over night.

Racist post reported

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2012, 10:56:10 PM »
Ok, calculate her lowest bodyweight by .12 (because I would consider that moderately active). Endo's are usually insulin dominant, probably carries fat in her abdominals and low back, mostly. Break it down to about..

35% Protein
25% Carbs
40% fats

She carries most of her fat in her thighs and booty. So you would say her goal weight (58kg x 2.2 = 128 lbs) and then times the 128 with 12?

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2012, 10:56:17 PM »

I saw an article online somewhere about this fat little dude who lost 100 lbs in four months by...I kid you not..eliminating foods that were white.  Rice, breads, spuds etc....carbs with color, he ate.

That is an old principle held by many old school bb's  - eliminate white foods to lose weight.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2012, 10:59:21 PM »
I like onetimehard's advice. My GF and I did it yesterday and we had zero hunger and good energy. We have done keto for a bit so we can handle low carbs no problem.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2012, 11:01:05 PM »
She carries most of her fat in her thighs and booty. So you would say her goal weight (58kg x 2.2 = 128 lbs) and then times the 128 with 12?

No, take her current weight. Again, since I consider her moderately active, times it by 12, if she was less active, times it by 10.

lightweight

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2012, 11:06:18 PM »
I like onetimehard's advice. My GF and I did it yesterday and we had zero hunger and good energy. We have done keto for a bit so we can handle low carbs no problem.

Well I questioned his advice since he is on drugs.  Hopefully he can answer.  I'm not saying he is wrong and I have been following his advice for a couple of days and have lost a couple of pounds already but I have to say I am going to be running a marathon soon and just trying to run a couple of miles I have zero energy.  I need to lose a lot of weight so I don't kill my joints for this marathon.  I'm aiming for 40lbs but 30lbs would be acceptable.  I have less than 3 months to get there.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2012, 11:07:21 PM »

that sounds ridiculous tbh, 120lb is around 8 1/2 stone, no way does any normally functioning 8 1/2 stone person need to go anywhere near as low as 500 cal per day to drop weight.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2012, 11:11:17 PM »
Well I questioned his advice since he is on drugs.  Hopefully he can answer.  I'm not saying he is wrong and I have been following his advice for a couple of days and have lost a couple of pounds already but I have to say I am going to be running a marathon soon and just trying to run a couple of miles I have zero energy.  I need to lose a lot of weight so I don't kill my joints for this marathon.  I'm aiming for 40lbs but 30lbs would be acceptable.  I have less than 3 months to get there.
I see what you're saying, but for a marathon you'd definitely need carbs. For bodybuilding / aesthetic purposes cutting out all carbs is do-able, but for what your training for I would do a different approach.

I think onetimehard's advice is solid because it cuts out all the bullshit and just focuses on the essential. Eating protein a few times a day keeps you full and has a thermic effect and is near impossible to overeat on. This in turn keeps calories quite low, so that's a good thing!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2012, 11:13:01 PM »
that sounds ridiculous tbh, 120lb is around 8 1/2 stone, no way does any normally functioning 8 1/2 stone person need to go anywhere near as low as 500 cal per day to drop weight.

I understand that. he was saying that 1200kcal was good. I was just stating that unless she was 120 (meaning she would take her weight x's 10) 120 x10 = 1200. I was being a bit condescending.

lightweight

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2012, 11:19:11 PM »
I see what you're saying, but for a marathon you'd definitely need carbs. For bodybuilding / aesthetic purposes cutting out all carbs is do-able, but for what your training for I would do a different approach.

I think onetimehard's advice is solid because it cuts out all the bullshit and just focuses on the essential. Eating protein a few times a day keeps you full and has a thermic effect and is near impossible to overeat on. This in turn keeps calories quite low, so that's a good thing!

Yeah try it out but I don't know if it's going to work for me.  I mean I pushed through runs the last couple of times but I think I will need carbs on higher mileage runs.  I need to lose the fat though.  Also if he's on fatloss and muscle preserving drugs.. test, tren, ect then the diet could effect a natural person different.  For example they lose weight but lose muscle and look skinny fat.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2012, 11:28:35 PM »
Yeah try it out but I don't know if it's going to work for me.  I mean I pushed through runs the last couple of times but I think I will need carbs on higher mileage runs.  I need to lose the fat though.  Also if he's on fatloss and muscle preserving drugs.. test, tren, ect then the diet could effect a natural person different.  For example they lose weight but lose muscle and look skinny fat.
Maybe try something like 100-150g carbs a day?

Yes, I know the PED's help, but if a natural does hard weight training, muscle is also mostly retained. And sometimes muscle loss is confused with glycogen loss from the muscle. I don't think the body will just start metabolising its muscle if it still has lots of fat reserves and stimulus is provided to retain muscle. Usually dieting without weight training leads to the skinny fat look.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #148 on: October 18, 2012, 11:30:07 PM »
Okay, I'm done here. LOL

lightweight

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2012, 11:36:52 PM »
Maybe try something like 100-150g carbs a day?

Yes, I know the PED's help, but if a natural does hard weight training, muscle is also mostly retained. And sometimes muscle loss is confused with glycogen loss from the muscle. I don't think the body will just start metabolising its muscle if it still has lots of fat reserves and stimulus is provided to retain muscle. Usually dieting without weight training leads to the skinny fat look.

Maybe I will try a dose of carbs before a run but seriously I'm so sick of the excess fat I will try anything to get it off.