Author Topic: Thinking of putting GF on 500 cal diet  (Read 18342 times)

animal1991

• Getbig III
Thinking of putting GF on 500 cal diet
« on: October 17, 2012, 07:18:20 AM »
So I've tried any diet you can think of and my GF just can't lose the weight. She's 67kg and would like to get down to atleast 58, but nothing I've tried with her results in a kg lost.

I've posted before and most you guys are probably tired of hearing about it, but I don't know what to do anymore.

I've had her on keto, balanced, high carb, all ranging in around 1000-1500 cals, which is in a good deficit, and nothing seems to budge.

We went to the doc yesterday to get her thyroid levels checked, so waiting for the results. The doc also prescribed Duromine to see if she can lose weight, but we haven't got it it.

So the only thing I can think of the problem can be that she can't lose weight is hormones, maybe too high estrogen and/or low thyroid levels ? ? ?

I was reading about a 500 cal diet so that she can "force" her body into the fat loss. Some people have gotten good results and kept it off due to keeping their nutrition habits good.

This is my last resort because I don't know what to do anymore.

When she reached her goal weight, hopefully in 4-6 weeks, I was thinking of adding about 100/200 calories every week or so until maintenance is reached.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention refeeds / cheat days would be Saturday and Sunday, in moderation, 2-3 meals at most and stop eating when full.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Re: Thinking of putting GF on 500 cal diet
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 07:19:47 AM »
Maybe try a douche, just in case!
V

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 07:35:03 AM »
nekkid pics and then we will judge if she needs to be on a diet or date big mike.
time under tension

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 07:47:39 AM »
So I've tried any diet you can think of and my GF just can't lose the weight. She's 67kg and would like to get down to atleast 58, but nothing I've tried with her results in a kg lost.

I was reading about a 500 cal diet so that she can "force" her body into the fat loss. Some people have gotten good results and kept it off due to keeping their nutrition habits good.

Are you talking about the HCG diet  (injections of the human chorionic gonadotropin hormone)?
:

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 07:49:44 AM »
Are you talking about the HCG diet  (injections of the human chorionic gonadotropin hormone)?
Yes, that's where the idea came from but of course WITHOUT the HCG. I know its very drastic but I don't know what to do anymore. She gets discouraged because she works her ass off and doesn't shift any weight!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 07:52:53 AM »
Have more sex but make her ride you, she'll burn a ton of calories.  Also tape her mouth shut. It would do wonders for you.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 07:55:03 AM »

I've posted before and most you guys are probably tired of hearing about it, but I don't know what to do anymore.

I've had her on keto, balanced, high carb, all ranging in around 1000-1500 cals, which is in a good deficit, and nothing seems to budge.

We went to the doc yesterday to get her thyroid levels checked, so waiting for the results. The doc also prescribed Duromine to see if she can lose weight, but we haven't got it it.

So the only thing I can think of the problem can be that she can't lose weight is hormones, maybe too high estrogen and/or low thyroid levels ? ? ?

This is my last resort because I don't know what to do anymore.

When she reached her goal weight, hopefully in 4-6 weeks, I was thinking of adding about 100/200 calories every week or so until maintenance is reached.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention refeeds / cheat days would be Saturday and Sunday, in moderation, 2-3 meals at most and stop eating when full.

How much cardio does she do?  Does she walk?  Get who to do a lot of walking.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 07:58:14 AM »
How much cardio does she do?  Does she walk?  Get who to do a lot of walking.
We do weight training 3x a week and post workout cardio between 1-3 times a week for about 20min. The thing if even if she does not do any cardio, she should have at least lost a few lbs just from dieting and weight training alone.

I mean even if she eats the shittest food and eats in a calorie deificit she should have lost a few lbs by now, that's what I can't understand!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 07:59:18 AM »
We do weight training 3x a week and post workout cardio between 1-3 times a week for about 20min. The thing if even if she does not do any cardio, she should have at least lost a few lbs just from dieting and weight training alone.

I mean even if she eats the shittest food and eats in a calorie deificit she should have lost a few lbs by now, that's what I can't understand!

Skip weight training altogether.  Have her do lots of walking lunges to keep her ass and thighs tight and up the cardio.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 07:59:56 AM »
Fair enough, but she needs to do a minimum 30 min cardio a day IMO.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 08:01:14 AM »

Up the cardio to 5x a week for 45 minutes each session.

How tall is she?

Are you sure she's not "sneak-eating?"
R

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 08:01:48 AM »
Fair enough, but she needs to do a minimum 30 min cardio a day IMO.
I get that your saying that cardio is important, and should be done more. Is it just to create a larger calorie deficit?

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 08:03:05 AM »
How fat is she?

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 08:05:04 AM »
Up the cardio to 5x a week for 45 minutes each session.

How tall is she?

Are you sure she's not "sneak-eating?"
Isn't the cardio excessive? Or do females need to do that much to get into decent shape?

She's 1,65m (165cm). Yes, we live together and I know and see everything she eats. She's very disciplined on the normal diet, and when we refeed she never overeats, so I don't get what the problem is.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 08:05:51 AM »
How fat is she?
She's probably around 20-22% bodyfat for woman and would like to get down to 16-18%

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 08:06:05 AM »
There's no hope, dump her and find a new one

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 08:09:12 AM »
I get that your saying that cardio is important, and should be done more. Is it just to create a larger calorie deficit?
A big part of it, but the benefits of the cardio are more complex than just burning calories - increased endurance, better blood flow, better "mood" etc will all benefit her in maintaining her health improvements.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 08:11:57 AM »
She's probably around 20-22% bodyfat for woman and would like to get down to 16-18%

Hmm, going over all of the data, my conclusion is the same as Droppingplate's, she's unmanageable bro. Find one that has more potential.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 08:13:41 AM »
A big part of it, but the benefits of the cardio are more complex than just burning calories - increased endurance, better blood flow, better "mood" etc will all benefit her in maintaining her health improvements.
So weight training 3x a week + 500 cal diet + cardio 30-45min 4-5x a week?

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 08:14:05 AM »
This will not end well.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 08:14:23 AM »
Hmm, going over all of the data, my conclusion is the same as Droppingplate's, she's unmanageable bro. Find one that has more potential.
I'm not that shallow bro, haha

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 08:15:13 AM »
This will not end well.
That's why I'm posting for advice bro before doing it

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 08:16:19 AM »
So weight training 3x a week + 500 cal diet + cardio 30-45min 4-5x a week?

Can't comment on the right calories for her, but keep them in a healthy range so she has good energy levels, the rest sounds good.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2012, 08:20:04 AM »
Can't comment on the right calories for her, but keep them in a healthy range so she has good energy levels, the rest sounds good.
The thing is why its so low is that the results can come quick, and when desired weight is reached, calories can be added back until maintenance is reached.

A local nutrition guru put her on this diet:
#1 - 15-30 minutes after waking up
1 Serving Whey
20g Oats (Raw Measure)

#2 - Mid-Morning Snack
2 Tsp Peanut Butter
1 Medium Apple

#3 - Lunch
90g Chicken / Tuna / Beef
15g Brown Rice (Raw Measure) / ¼ Cup Cooked (70g)

#4 - Afternoon Snack
2 Tsp Peanut Butter
1 Medium Apple

#5 - Dinner
90g Chicken or 3 Whole Eggs
40g Avocado

But I'm not a big fan of it. Equals to around 900-1000 calories.

The 500-600 calorie diet will look something like this:
Breakfast:
1-2 coffee with 1-2 tbsp of milk with sweetener

Lunch:
1 Can (120g) Tuna + 40g Avocado + 2 tbsp Trim (low fat mayo) + green fibrous veg
or
4 Whole Eggs + green fibrous veg

Dinner:
100g Ground Beef + green fibrous veg
or
200g Chicken Breast + green fibrous veg

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2012, 08:26:35 AM »
The 500 cal diet sounds to extreme to me.  Better to exercise more as we discussed and eat a bit more.  You know what they say about extreme diets - they rarely work LONG TERM and can even end up making things worse.