Author Topic: You've been Trumped - for a golf course  (Read 7975 times)

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
You've been Trumped - for a golf course
« on: October 23, 2012, 10:13:33 AM »
Any of the Brits on here watch the excellent documentary on BBC 2 the other night called You`ve been Trumped,all about Donald Trump and how he has bullied a few people to sell their houses so he can build a golf course.Its obvious from the film he has the government and the police in his pocket and there are things you see in this film that are truly shocking.You only "own" your own house until someone with enough money pays people in power to take it off you.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: You`ve been Trumped
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 10:14:42 AM »

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 11:42:31 AM »
Don't buy into this anti Trump notion.
He's great.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 11:44:01 AM »
Don't buy into this anti Trump notion.
He's great.

He's a piece of shit.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 11:44:52 AM »
You only "own" your own house until someone with enough money pays people in power to take it off you.
In the eyes of the Government, you don't own shit. You are just taking care of their land until they need it for some reason.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 11:45:44 AM »
Any of the Brits on here watch the excellent documentary on BBC 2 the other night called You`ve been Trumped,all about Donald Trump and how he has bullied a few people to sell their houses so he can build a golf course.Its obvious from the film he has the government and the police in his pocket and there are things you see in this film that are truly shocking.You only "own" your own house until someone with enough money pays people in power to take it off you.

::)

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 11:48:17 AM »
how does someone get bullied into selling their home against their own will  ???

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 11:50:27 AM »

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 11:50:54 AM »
how does someone get bullied into selling their home against their own will  ???
The government can literally take your property if they want, and they give you "fair market value". The problem is that they get to decide what fair market value is, and its usually 50% less than what people could sell it for.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 11:51:33 AM »

Trump hired special PSI advisors.
These people, in nice suits, also guide extra terrestrials out of your leased house after probing.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 11:53:51 AM »
The government can literally take your property if they want, and they give you "fair market value". The problem is that they get to decide what fair market value is, and its usually 50% less than what people could sell it for.

is that what happened in the doc? i wouldn't have imagined that was ever possible just for a bloody golf course  :-\

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 11:55:40 AM »
is that what happened in the doc? i wouldn't have imagined that was ever possible just for a bloody golf course  :-\
Don't know, didn't watch it. But I know this has happened several times, they installed a Navy golf course by my grandparents house, and forced quite a few people off the land. They gave them something like 75,000 for property worth almost 250,000.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 11:55:56 AM »
Happens all the time.

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 11:57:53 AM »
He lost an eminent domain case in Atlantic City.

Eventually, the woman sold her home for millions.

And you folks talk about eminent domain as if there is only one appraisal done.

Not true in the least.  The municipality gets an appraisal, the homeowner gets an appraisal (using comparable sales, etc.) and then the case goes to a Condemnation Commission.  The decision is appealable.

nefario

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 11:59:09 AM »

eminent domain, aka compulsory purchase if you're a Brit

there are limitations of course, but it's been used more frequently in recent years in the US. Cities trying to raise their tax base by enticing Walmart etc...

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 11:59:29 AM »
Don't know, didn't watch it. But I know this has happened several times, they installed a Navy golf course by my grandparents house, and forced quite a few people off the land. They gave them something like 75,000 for property worth almost 250,000.

wow! the fucking cunts! !

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 12:02:27 PM »
haven't watched it can't be arsed

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 12:02:47 PM »
wow! the fucking cunts! !
You could take it to court, but the problem is 90% of these people don't have the kind of money it takes to fight the government. In that case, they literally told the old people "Go ahead and fight it, we'll just make sure that it stays in court so long that it'll bankrupt you."

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 12:19:25 PM »
He's a piece of shit.
Tell us some stories about when you used to dress up in a tux and serve him dinner. :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 12:26:00 PM »

Seriously,you need to watch it,to see how much the police and politicians are in his pocket.One guy who lives there has a spring that feed water to his house and his 82 year old mum,Trump has his builders stop the water supply,then when the guy making the film goes to ask the building site manager about the water the police turn up and arrest him,take his dna and charge him with breach of the peace.Another guy whose house has been there since 1850 has his boundary fence taken down by Trump,then Trump tells him he has new plans to say he owns the land the guy has lived on all his life,then Trump puts up a new fence and sends him the bill for 2 grand.Then he knocks the power line down so he has no electricity.Then gets his diggers to put 30 foot high mountains of soil all the way round his house to block him in.and when he complains to the police,they do nothing.All this time he is trying to get compulsory purchase orders on the properties.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 12:27:16 PM »
Seriously,you need to watch it,to see how much the police and politicians are in his pocket.One guy who lives there has a spring that feed water to his house and his 82 year old mum,Trump has his builders stop the water supply,then when the guy making the film goes to ask the building site manager about the water the police turn up and arrest him,take his dna and charge him with breach of the peace.Another guy whose house has been there since 1850 has his boundary fence taken down by Trump,then Trump tells him he has new plans to say he owns the land the guy has lived on all his life,then Trump puts up a new fence and sends him the bill for 2 grand.Then he knocks the power line down so he has no electricity.Then gets his diggers to put 30 foot high mountains of soil all the way round his house to block him in.and when he complains to the police,they do nothing.All this time he is trying to get compulsory purchase orders on the properties.

sounds like bollocks to me

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 12:34:18 PM »

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2012, 12:38:46 PM »
Trailer

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2012, 12:39:23 PM »

Fucking pussies

What would William Wallace do???

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2012, 12:46:10 PM »

this sounds just un-fucking-believable. not trumps tactics, but that he's being allowed to get away with in britain. surely they're taking this to the fucking courts  ??? i can't watch this now as my blood will fucking boil.. just reading your post has pissed me off  >:(

i just can't understand compulsory purchase orders for a golf course. honestly, i just can't get my head around it ! i can understand for government projects and national security... a golf course!!! where the fuck is alex salmond in all this  ???