Author Topic: A Big Storm Requires Big Government  (Read 7068 times)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Re: A Big Storm Requires Big Government
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2012, 10:03:54 PM »
Republicans need to edit their posts.

Romney is pro-FEMA now.

Get to work, guys.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/83001.html?hp=l13
G

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2012, 10:07:06 PM »
Republicans need to edit their posts.

Romney is pro-FEMA now.

Get to work, guys.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/83001.html?hp=l13

You're a teacher? Did you get credentialed here, in the US???

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2012, 10:14:43 PM »
You're a teacher? Did you get credentialed here, in the US???
So Romney spokesman Ryan William is lying then?
G

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2012, 10:21:28 PM »
So Romney spokesman Ryan William is lying then?

Answer my question.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2012, 10:44:09 PM »
Big government is never the answer.  They will never have the same level of concern on a situation as a private business or the individual that is directly impacted by the disaster.  The Japan tsunami is a great example.  Communities got together to help one another out and got back to normal very quickly. 

Look at what average people did to prevent flooding during the Mississippi river flooding.   

http://archinect.com/news/article/8279858/mississippi-river-flooding-residents-build-homemade-dams-to-saves-houses

Fuk FEMA.. They would probably say they did something that is not up to regulation or illegal.  How they handled Katrina after the fact was just awful.   

Fuck yeah! Awesome!! I can make my point so much better now. Government has it uses but sometime they just drag out the process!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2012, 02:53:17 PM »
There is no one against.government.help in this case. THIS is one of the things government is for.
where does the government get the money to help? did they get the consent of each individual whom they are charging to pay for this service?  would a government worker or an individual with personal property, friends, and family at risk be better suited to deal with the problem?   

Hawk

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2012, 04:02:46 PM »
Big government is never the answer.  They will never have the same level of concern on a situation as a private business or the individual that is directly impacted by the disaster.  The Japan tsunami is a great example.  Communities got together to help one another out and got back to normal very quickly.   

This is a flat out LIE. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Giving all emergency powers to the states would be an unmitigated DISASTER. Romney knows it. Which is why, in cowardly fashion, he refused to answer the questions asked of him on his stance on FEMA after being asked SEVENTEEN TIMES yesterday. Totally shameful for a guy who wants to be president to behave in such fashion.

Hawk

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2012, 07:18:45 PM »
Which is why, in cowardly fashion, he refused to answer the questions asked of him on his stance on FEMA after being asked SEVENTEEN TIMES yesterday. Totally shameful for a guy who wants to be president to behave in such fashion.
Oct 31, 2012

Romney silent with reporters for last 3 weeks

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2012, 07:31:08 PM »

Giving all emergency powers to the states would be an unmitigated DISASTER. Romney knows it. Which is why, in cowardly fashion, he refused to answer the questions asked of him on his stance on FEMA after being asked SEVENTEEN TIMES yesterday. Totally shameful for a guy who wants to be president to behave in such fashion.

How many times does THE PRESIDENT need to be asked about Benghazi and refuse to answer before you consider that shameful?
:

Hawk

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2012, 07:39:50 PM »
How many times does THE PRESIDENT need to be asked about Benghazi and refuse to answer before you consider that shameful?
Benghazi is ONE subject that is being investigated and dealt with.

The issue of FEMA is FRONT AND CENTER in the minds of the American public right now, not a small city in a country far, far away.

Why can't your friend Willard answer a question on ANY subject? Your attempt to deflect would be laughable were it not so pathetic.

Will you answer why you delete posts that go against your obvious political views without explanation, "Princess L"?  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2012, 07:43:55 PM »
Oct 31, 2012

Romney silent with reporters for last 3 weeks 0

he always does this... gets a small lead then goes silent so as to not mess it up.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2012, 07:55:51 PM »
Benghazi is ONE subject that is being investigated and dealt with.

The issue of FEMA is FRONT AND CENTER in the minds of the American public right now, not a small city in a country far, far away.

Why can't your friend Willard answer a question on ANY subject? Your attempt to deflect would be laughable were it not so pathetic.

Will you answer why you delete posts that go against your obvious political views without explanation, "Princess L"?  ::)

Who's deflecting?  Benghazi questions have been being asked for weeks. Where is your proof it's 'being dealt with"?  You can't even offer a coherent opinion on the subject.

And WTF are you talking about?  I have no mod powers on the Political Board, therefore I've deleted nothing!
:

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2012, 08:00:35 PM »
he has answered a million times. let me lay it out for you..  day after the attack= called them acts of terror from the white house lawn.. coming weeks relayed what the intelligence community was saying..  how hard is this to understand?

Hawk

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2012, 08:05:57 PM »
Who's deflecting?  Benghazi questions have been being asked for weeks. Where is your proof it's 'being dealt with"?  You can't even offer a coherent opinion on the subject.
::)
After the election is over, you'll realize just how important the made-up "scandal" of Benghazi is to the American people.  ;)

Why do you feel it is okay for Romney to answer zero questions on any subject for weeks at a time?

And WTF are you talking about.  I have no mod powers on the Political Board, therefore I've deleted nothing![/color]
You are a mod on the G&O board, and you delete posts there often...unless you feel they are going in your favor. ::) In which case they are not moved. If the discussion is going in an Obama/dem direction, you or Ron either immediately delete them (terrible), or move them to the politics board (more appropriate).

In summation, you are a liar and full of shit.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2012, 08:28:05 PM »
::)
After the election is over, you'll realize just how important the made-up "scandal" of Benghazi is to the American people.  ;)

ok Benny  ::)

Why do you feel it is okay for Romney to answer zero questions on any subject for weeks at a time?
You are a mod on the G&O board, and you delete posts there often...unless you feel they are going in your favor. ::) In which case they are not moved. If the discussion is going in an Obama/dem direction, you or Ron either immediately delete them (terrible), or move them to the politics board (more appropriate).

In summation, you are a liar and full of shit.

What am I lying about?  I give a rats ass which way a coherent discussion is going.  It's Ron's board and he can do what he wants.  He has his rules, but you fail to abide by them, which make them subject to moving, editing and deletion.  It's quite simple.
:

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2012, 08:33:27 PM »
he has answered a million times. let me lay it out for you..  day after the attack= called them acts of terror from the white house lawn.. coming weeks relayed what the intelligence community was saying..  how hard is this to understand?
why did he stop informing the public drizzle?

I mean you know there have been information that has come out since then. We know of many emails and requests from sources outside of the white house. Do you think they havent found anything new?

They were so eager to get out and give us information but now its on lock down, why?

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2012, 12:36:09 AM »
Answer my question.
What's the magic word?
G

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2012, 03:17:36 AM »

This!!

Hawk

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2012, 07:34:10 AM »
ok Benny  ::)

Ok Ron/The Coach  ::)

What am I lying about?  I give a rats ass which way a coherent discussion is going.  It's Ron's board and he can do what he wants.  He has his rules, but you fail to abide by them, which make them subject to moving, editing and deletion.  It's quite simple.[/color]
You are lying about virtually everything you've stated in the above post, you stupid whore/gimmick.

Hawk

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2012, 07:35:44 AM »

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2012, 08:49:05 PM »

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2012, 09:35:42 PM »
G

Hawk

• Time Out
  • Getbig II

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2012, 07:14:40 AM »
Nobody needs the government except when they NEED it

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2012, 01:27:22 PM »
why did he stop informing the public drizzle?

I mean you know there have been information that has come out since then. We know of many emails and requests from sources outside of the white house. Do you think they havent found anything new?

They were so eager to get out and give us information but now its on lock down, why?

its possible the white house tried to minimize the event in order to make the country feel better about national security and american strength abroad during the run up to the election. but i dont see any signs of that, and i think i am being completely objective in my assessment of the situation.  you ask me why the white house has stopped informing the public about the latest developments.. i think i see it differently, that the latest developments have been politicized and hyped up in order to make an issue that is a liability for the president. if it wasnt election season, i dont thnk you would be having this conversation. the attack would have happened.. there would have been some confusion about its planning and execution and whether it was spontaneous or pre-meditated for a while, eventually the truth would come out, we would be told the embassy wanted extra security, people would think the state department ought to defend embassy's a bit better, and there would be no real news story there besides the death of the ambassador.