Author Topic: if capitalism worked, everyone should be rich by now  (Read 31660 times)

LATS

• Getbig IV
Re: if capitalism worked, everyone should be rich by now
« Reply #125 on: November 08, 2012, 06:50:54 PM »
 My bad.. Was typing to quick.. Nobel prize.. But that does not negate what I said.. He knows it's about celebrity with him.. He was embarrassed himself.. Such as his celebrity.. He loves it.. Thrives on it..

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2012, 06:53:50 PM »
My bad.. Was typing to quick.. Nobel prize.. But that does not negate what I said.. He knows it's about celebrity with him.. He was embarrassed himself.. Such as his celebrity.. He loves it.. Thrives on it..
Actually, it does. When you spew bullshit you lose all aspects of righteousness. Cripes.  ::)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2012, 06:55:09 PM »
The country will meet in the middle like the average of a ball bouncing off hitting opposing walls

weve had such right wing white republicans but they preached hard work

now super left wing hip hopping foot shuffling neegloids

the middle will come soon enough dont worry its the imminent average of things to come

something like

a falcon

who does a little footshuffiling posting up stupid videos  but also works very hard at his job
A

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2012, 07:02:25 PM »
think about it, a lifetime of working should generate enough income to put some spare money aside.

then you die and the children inherit whats left.

get the idea?

everyone should have plenty of money by now, how comes it isnt so?

its not the case in the western world, and it certainly is not the case in the so called shitholes aka 3rd world countries.

the majority of people are permanently broke-kint and live from paycheck to paycheck.

so, where is the problem?

The problem is this:

If all who are able, worked and worked hard and were allowed to keep more of what they made then capitalism would work all the better.  Capitalism does not promise riches no more than life promises anything to anyone.  You cannot take from the productive and give to the lazy, elsewise the productive will become less so.

Granted, not all the "impoverished" are lazy, but the last time I checked the definition of poor does not include not being able to pay your cable, cell and internet bills.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2012, 07:05:32 PM »

Taking human nature into consideration.  Capitalism will never result in everyone being financially successful.
i dont think you can blame that on capitalism. but as you pointed out, the blame for that would be human nature.  

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2012, 07:16:16 PM »
a few points to address the last 30 or so posts in this thread..  take them for what they are worth.. if you put them together you can come to some conclusions that might help answer some of your questions..

- standard of living is higher now than in the united states than it has ever been in any country in the history of the world.

- up untill about 2000, anyone with any college degree was pretty much guaranteed a good paying career somewhere in the economy.

- with globalization, there are some domestic losers (those who cant compete with their international competitors). as such, the united states has suffered some losses in terms of ability to sustain unskilled labor over the past couple decades.

- obama is the man.   ( ;D)

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2012, 07:20:31 PM »
 Drchimps.. We're adults Brutha.. No need for disparaging remarks.. My last post I said head no real record of achievement .. He'll even some liberal writers were amazed he pulled it off.. What did he achieve politically that he grout to the table besides "hope and change"..

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2012, 07:24:24 PM »
Drchimps.. We're adults Brutha.. No need for disparaging remarks.. My last post I said head no real record of achievement .. He'll even some liberal writers were amazed he pulled it off.. What did he achieve politically that he grout to the table besides "hope and change"..
health care reform, whether you like it or not, was an absolutely massive achievement. something presidents had been trying to do for over a century.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2012, 07:38:42 PM »
I love this thread. Lots of interesting comments. As for Coach, I like the dude. And I like Dr. Chimps, even if he rags on Coach way too much.

People talk about the President like he has his shit figured out. He is no different than us. I have been in Washington quite a few times, was at several White House Business Council meetings, and met Mr. Obama, and Valerie Jarrett, and Gene Sperling and a shit load of others... They have no fucking clue what's going on in the economy. Nor do I fault them for it. Its a very complex system. Sperling held a question and answer session asking us, the business people, what to do. Oh yeah, the President has it all figured out  ::)

As for capitalism, it doesn't pick winners or losers. You play the game right, you win. And the "game" is poorly defined, even the rules. These comments about "Americans being stupid" Oh man. What grade are these people in. I know lots of stupid people, myself included. Its spans the globe. The moment you think you know it all, are elite, or have it figured out, then you have immediately branded yourself as an idiot. Ill be in Berlin in 3 weeks, at the Ministry for the Environment. I got the invite because I said straight up I cant solve the worlds problems but Id like to see if I can help. Humility is in short supply these days.

Oh and I lift weights, to keep this bodybuilding related. But I don't take steroids. Just lots of wine.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2012, 07:40:47 PM »
If hunter/gatherer worked everyone would be fat by now
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2012, 07:41:00 PM »
health care reform, whether you like it or not, was an absolutely massive achievement. something presidents had been trying to do for over a century.
Totally agree. Well, 70+ years, anyway. Monster legislation.  

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2012, 07:43:25 PM »
Tbombz we were talking about before he was elected.. His lack of achievements.. Here is a article written in Newsweek .. Hardly a liberal rag.. This writer had come to,his conclusion.. If you read all the way brought you see how right he is..  Www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/p/Matt-Patterson-post.htm

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2012, 07:44:27 PM »
I love this thread. Lots of interesting comments. As for Coach, I like the dude. And I like Dr. Chimps, even if he rags on Coach way too much.

People talk about the President like he has his shit figured out. He is no different than us. I have been in Washington quite a few times, was at several White House Business Council meetings, and met Mr. Obama, and Valerie Jarrett, and Gene Sperling and a shit load of others... They have no fucking clue what's going on in the economy. Nor do I fault them for it. Its a very complex system. Sperling held a question and answer session asking us, the business people, what to do. Oh yeah, the President has it all figured out  ::)

As for capitalism, it doesn't pick winners or losers. You play the game right, you win. And the "game" is poorly defined, even the rules. These comments about "Americans being stupid" Oh man. What grade are these people in. I know lots of stupid people, myself included. Its spans the globe. The moment you think you know it all, are elite, or have it figured out, then you have immediately branded yourself as an idiot. Ill be in Berlin in 3 weeks, at the Ministry for the Environment. I got the invite because I said straight up I cant solve the worlds problems but Id like to see if I can help. Humility is in short supply these days.

Oh and I lift weights, to keep this bodybuilding related. But I don't take steroids. Just lots of wine.
Buzz off. The last thing we need is any kind of objectivity.   ::)

/jk. welcome. and add your 50 cents as you see fit.    :)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2012, 07:45:32 PM »
Totally agree. Well, 70+ years, anyway. Monster legislation.  
yup. teddy roosevelt wanted to get universal healthcare way back when. reform has been a long time coming.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2012, 07:47:35 PM »

with the potential for knowledge being infinite, we are all eternally doomed to ignorance.  8)

(socrates is a hero of mine .. "the only thing i know is that i know nothing"  8) )

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2012, 07:49:10 PM »
Tbombz we were talking about before he was elected.. His lack of achievements.. Here is a article written in Newsweek .. Hardly a liberal rag.. This writer had come to,his conclusion.. If you read all the way brought you see how right he is..  Www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/p/Matt-Patterson-post.htm
oh, well in that case, he was the first african american president of the harvard law review. which is pretty impressive.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2012, 07:49:43 PM »
with the potential for knowledge being infinite, we are all eternally doomed to ignorance.  8)

(socrates is a hero of mine .. "the only thing i know is that i know nothing"  8) )

Prove there is an infinite potential for knowledge.  

Your "hero" would fart in your face with that garbage
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2012, 07:50:48 PM »

(socrates is a hero of mine .. "the only thing i know is that i know nothing8) )
Hmm. I kinda remember telling a younger feller around here something like that a few years back.    ;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2012, 07:51:00 PM »
Prove there is an infinite potential for knowledge.  

Your "hero" would fart in your face with that garbage
point taken!  ;D

somethings are just intuitive however.  :)

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2012, 07:54:44 PM »
point taken!  ;D

somethings are just intuitive however.  :)

Sounds wild!

You get a deer yet?
Y

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2012, 07:55:45 PM »
Sounds wild!

You get a deer yet?
what are you talking about ?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #146 on: November 08, 2012, 08:01:40 PM »
You didn't answer me... what specific powers, inherent to the Presidency, could Romney have used to achieve this "fairly quick" turnaround that you know he could achieve? Come on, it should be an easy question to answer!

"Powers" WTF? How about business commonsense? What do you when you have more debt than income? Cut out unnecessary expenses to free up cash flow, right? Of course you do. You don't borrow at a higher premium to pay existing loans. 

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #147 on: November 08, 2012, 08:18:36 PM »
"Powers" WTF? How about business commonsense? What do you when you have more debt than income? Cut out unnecessary expenses to free up cash flow, right? Of course you do. You don't borrow at a higher premium to pay existing loans. 
Stop talking. All we see is a wall of lies. Thanks.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #148 on: November 08, 2012, 08:27:31 PM »

Your words may well be lost on liberals, my friend.  Not all of them, but far too many of them I can assure you.  It is odd that many of those that would belittle people with faith in God cry foul craven when conservatives make light of their "faith" in the idiocy of a presidency bent upon giving them what they refuse to earn, by getting even with those who prosper from their own labors. 

Liberal idiocy and the evil born of it demands a scapegoat.  The Nazis had Jews and Liberals have successful people (save liberal actors/actresses/politicians and the like, mind you).

They do not desire hope, they desire to "get even" with those that work for a living.  If any of these people actually work for a living (and I know there are more than a few), then I hope (there's their "faith word", HOPE) they are taxed to the marrow and suffer ten fold because of their choice in "leadership".

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #149 on: November 08, 2012, 08:32:19 PM »
With all the Billionaires in the world, it doesn't make sense that a so called super intelligent business mind like Romney isn't one. In fact, he isn't even close. Don't get me wrong, 250 million is impressive, but for as long as he's been trying to add to his portfolio, why is he not a billionaire? If we think Romney would make a good President because of his business sense, why not just throw Jay Z or P.Diddy the title. Both of those guys are worth double what Romney's worth and have been at it(making large sums of money) almost half the time.