Author Topic: Life after defeat for Mitt Romney  (Read 74160 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Life after defeat for Mitt Romney & the GOP
« Reply #200 on: January 20, 2014, 10:36:20 AM »
Probably still busy counting his money. 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #201 on: February 02, 2014, 06:34:03 AM »
Republicans face 2016 turmoil
By Karen Tumulty and Robert Costa

As Republicans look ahead to the 2016 presidential race, they are hoping to avoid the kind of chaotic and protracted nominating battle that dismayed party elders and damaged the eventual candidacy of Mitt Romney.

That, however, could be a hard thing to prevent.

The party is divided and in turmoil, with a civil war raging between its establishment and insurgent factions. For the first time in memory, there is no obvious early favorite — no candidate with wide appeal who has run before, no incumbent president or vice president, no clear establishment pick.

Meanwhile, an enormous number of potential contenders are looking at the race, including, perhaps, a return of virtually everyone who ran in 2012. Come this time next year, 15 or more of them could be traveling the early primary states, jockeying for attention and money.

The Republican National Committee is doing its best to prevent a replay of the spectacle of 2012, which saw one candidate after another pop up as a mortal threat to the front-runner. Late last month, the RNC began putting into place rules that would shorten the primary season and make it begin later.

This is a party that used to pick its standard-bearer in a relatively orderly fashion, notwithstanding the occasional slip on the ice of Iowa or New Hampshire. “Typically, Republicans have a front-runner, and the front-runner wins,” said Haley Barbour, the former Mississippi governor and RNC chairman.

But two years out from the Iowa caucuses, the Democrats are the ones who are closing ranks. The latest Washington Post/ABC News poll shows presumed contender Hillary Rodham Clinton holding the support of 73 percent of those likely to vote Democratic. In the poll’s 30-year history, no one has ever had such a strong grip on the party at this early point.

On the Republican side, things are so wide open that even 2012 nominee Romney is getting another look, although the former Massachusetts governor recently told the New York Times: “Oh, no, no, no. No, no, no, no, no. No, no, no.”

That, apparently, was not definite enough for some.

“I’ve had one or two semi-serious conversations about whether it could happen,” said Lanhee Chen, Romney’s former policy adviser, who noted the recent release of a documentary showing Romney in a new light. “The overwhelming consensus is ‘probably not,’ but it’s not completely far-fetched.”

Romney’s running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan (Wis.), is expected to stay in the House in the coming years, with the chairmanship of the Ways and Means Committee or the speaker’s gavel on the horizon. But he told CNN, “I’m not closing my options.”

Nor, it seems, is anyone else...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: February 02, 2014, 06:38:02 AM »
the presidential race is 2 years away and the libtard line is that b/c the reps dont have someone locked in like Hillary "what difference does it make now" Clinton they are in turmoil?

LMFAO makes about as much sense as homosexuality ::)

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #203 on: February 02, 2014, 11:52:58 AM »
the presidential race is 2 years away and the libtard line is that b/c the reps dont have someone locked in like Hillary "what difference does it make now" Clinton they are in turmoil?

LMFAO makes about as much sense as homosexuality ::)
butt lesbians make sense, right?!:)
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2014, 12:08:58 PM »
butt lesbians make sense, right?!:)
no lesbians dont make sense but at least the lip stick ones are sexy

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2014, 12:54:56 PM »
I liked Mitt because he was so in tune with real people.

When he stood in crowd at an an urban event and sang "Who let the dogs out, who who", he was showing he was very much in tune with songs that may have been sang 12 years prior.  

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: February 02, 2014, 12:59:11 PM »
I liked Mitt because he was so in tune with real people.

When he stood in crowd at an an urban event and sang "Who let the dogs out, who who", he was showing he was very much in tune with songs that may have been sang 12 years prior. 
yea maybe he should have rapped to kendrick lamar ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2014, 02:01:23 PM »
yea maybe he should have rapped to kendrick lamar ::)

my in-laws were over today and having a big political debate.  I really wish the great minds of getbig would have been there to destroy them. 

"Obama ain't perfect, but it's a start, and in 10 years we'll all be saying how did we live without it!"

"I've always voted for the winner of every election since 1992, so I'd say I'm pretty good at politics!"

That last comment, I was speechless.  Like she "wins" by picking the person leading in the polls lol.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2014, 02:04:02 PM »
I see where you get your bull shit from 240...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2014, 03:44:36 PM »
I see where you get your bull shit from 240...

LOL!  I want to pwn them but i know that's rude, especially because they haven't had the getbig spankings/education that I have.

Seriously, high-fiving and bragging that she's picked every winner so far lol...

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #210 on: February 02, 2014, 11:34:02 PM »
We seem to have gotten off track.  Let me help.  I would fuck Ann Romney's Mormon mouth.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #211 on: February 03, 2014, 05:02:02 PM »
We seem to have gotten off track.  Let me help.  I would fuck Ann Romney's Mormon mouth.
and several of his sons.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2014, 07:47:00 PM »
stock market doing great lately w o-pos! 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: February 03, 2014, 08:17:08 PM »

Well, this is a tough criticism... when the stock market was 7000 under bush, it wasn't bush's fault, and when it spiked to double that under obama, it wasn't to his credit.  It's just the market being the market, right?

soul/33, if you're going to blame obama (which I'm sure you're not), then you have to credit him for the good times.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #214 on: February 03, 2014, 08:47:02 PM »
Well, this is a tough criticism... when the stock market was 7000 under bush, it wasn't bush's fault, and when it spiked to double that under obama, it wasn't to his credit.  It's just the market being the market, right?

soul/33, if you're going to blame obama (which I'm sure you're not), then you have to credit him for the good times.

it's very simple

if stock market goes down or gas prices go up it's Obama's fault

if stock market goes up or gas prices goes down Obama gets no credit

there are many variations to this

for example if unemployment goes down Obama get's not credit

If unemployment goes up it's Obama's fault

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #215 on: February 06, 2014, 05:42:24 AM »
LOL!  I want to pwn them but i know that's rude, especially because they haven't had the getbig spankings/education that I have.

Seriously, high-fiving and bragging that she's picked every winner so far lol...

Ya know, this touches on a funny thing I noticed recently which is that our custom of using less than polite talk here on this board is starting to have an effect on my writing style in other venues. 

I won't go into detail but some old woman was mildly attacking my (40-year old) sister on FB and I chimed in with an objection to which her daughter responded with "Who the f*&k are you?" and then tried to "put me in my place". 

Well, I checked out her FB page, found out she was a cashier at Walmart in Bumfuck, Idaho and I was off to the races with my own response in GetBig Style.  She actually ended up apologizing to me, haha. And my mom, 2 sisters and my niece were falling all over themselves to thank me privately.  Too funny.  (TL;DR:  This board is no place for diplomacy.)

Just so this isn't a total thread-hijacking, I noticed that the Romney flick in on Netflix streaming right now (but haven't been bored enough to check it out yet).

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #216 on: February 06, 2014, 11:53:43 AM »
it is!  I'm buying up stuff like a mad woman at Filene's Basement sales
w

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: March 18, 2014, 04:16:46 PM »
Maybe Mitt should run for president again.   ;D

Romney Continues to Nip At Obama's Heels
by Alan Colmes

Mitt Romney, rather than gracefully accepting defeat, continues to let us know he would have been a better president. Ann Romney, too, has expended energy bashing President Obama, ungraciously. Now comes a Wall Street Journal op-ed via Mitt Romney telling us what a failed leader the president is.

Why, across the world, are America's hands so tied?

A large part of the answer is our leader's terrible timing. In virtually every foreign-affairs crisis we have faced these past five years, there was a point when America had good choices and good options. There was a juncture when America had the potential to influence events. But we failed to act at the propitious point; that moment having passed, we were left without acceptable options...

President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton traveled the world in pursuit of their promise to reset relations and to build friendships across the globe. Their failure has been painfully evident: It is hard to name even a single country that has more respect and admiration for America today than when President Obama took office, and now Russia is in Ukraine. Part of their failure, I submit, is due to their failure to act when action was possible, and needed.

Okay, Mitt and Ann. We get it. Obama sucks, Hillary Clinton sucks in advance of 2016, and you would have made a much better President and First Lady. It's heartbreaking, obviously, to lose the presidency. But if you care about your country more than your bitter loss, perhaps you might consider what signal you're sending out when you tell everyone what a weak failure our Commander-in-Chief is. Thankfully, we live in country, unlike Russia, where we have First Amendment rights. You also have the right to just shut up.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: March 18, 2014, 06:41:56 PM »
LMFAO!!!!!  Obama is the laughing stock of the world and universally mocked.  Romney is just again pointing out how utterly absurd the entire Obama junta is

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #219 on: March 19, 2014, 09:24:20 AM »

Bump

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: March 19, 2014, 09:35:09 AM »
Bump

LOL Good times - record food stamps, record low work force, record debt, etc etc etc. 

A Federal Reserve Ponzi scam stock market most people are not connected to is all you got in the Obama failed admn?  laughable. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #221 on: March 19, 2014, 09:41:11 AM »
LOL Good times - record food stamps, record low work force, record debt, etc etc etc.  

A Federal Reserve Ponzi scam stock market most people are not connected to is all you got in the Obama failed admn?  laughable.  
Talking about the stock market tho. When its bad, you use it to call Obama a failure. When its good you say its worthless. Gotcha

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: March 19, 2014, 09:44:36 AM »
Talking about the stock market tho

And what does O-CHOOM have to do w that?  The best thing going on right now is that he cant pass anything or sign any laws so that gives the market confidence I guess.

The less he does and sooner he goes off to Kenya to od on drugs and live the life of some arabist nomad in the desert the better for all of us. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: March 19, 2014, 09:52:34 AM »
The funniest part is seeing Obama cultists and slaves defend this disastrous presidency.  Romney turned out to be correct on everything he predicted while that worthless ghetto crackhead horrifingly wrong on Russia, obamacare, etc and yet you morons still defend his criminal junta admn. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #224 on: March 19, 2014, 09:54:11 AM »