Author Topic: right shoulder sounds/feels weird  (Read 2993 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
right shoulder sounds/feels weird
« on: November 10, 2012, 12:57:21 AM »
So I have this thing with my right shoulder.. Especially when im 'cold' during early mornings for example, when rolling on the bed trying to wake up.it sounds like 'cracking' or something.. What could be going on?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: right shoulder sounds/feels weird
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 01:46:04 AM »
cracking and popping in the shoulders is probably not a good thing.... do you feel any pain? when did this start?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 05:01:31 AM »
If it does not stop and causes problems with your shoulders natural movement, which is very large..GO TO A DOCTOR.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 05:18:14 AM »
cracking and popping in the shoulders is probably not a good thing.... do you feel any pain? when did this start?
about april 2011
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=372989.0
:/

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 06:53:52 AM »
sounds like rotator cuff damage... the shoulder is a fricken complex joint. if possible i would suggest that you seek specialized care and a high res MRI to image the whole joint

in most joints, cracking is not necessarily an issue... but i would suggest that shoulders are not on that list

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 07:16:04 AM »
What kind of shoulder girdle work do you do? Any supps for your joints?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 09:10:09 AM »
Depending on how old you are may have a bearing on this. Also didn't mention if there was any pain or discomfort, just the sound/feeling..

A cracking/clicking sound may suggest you might need only a simple supplement like glucosamine.  Some better supplements have glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM combined in one pill.  When cold (in the morning) would also suggest a limited lubrication fluid, or even blood, in the area. Hopefully there is no arthritis in the family history. If a rotator cuff, pain would be present and perhaps a somewhat limited ROM. Some guy's have worked around a rotator cuff injury for years, though not advised.

Didn't say if these sound/feelings are present when working out, or any pain, so might be to your advantage to take a type of pill, as suggested above. Would also suggest keeping the area warm, even when working out. If problem doesn't seem to go away, and becomes worse, than it's time to get some medical advice.  Good Luck.

Side Bar:  some heavy lifters have gotten relief from deep tissue/sports massage, acupuncture, spinal adjustments, etc. Thought this tends to seem like a lack of lubrication fluid in the joint area.  
F

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 09:25:14 AM »
I've used a gluc/chon supp for years, and a fish oil supp on/off. I do some minor rotator cuff warm ups before chest and shoulders.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2012, 12:19:57 AM »