Author Topic: Santorum organizing for 2016 run  (Read 6731 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Santorum organizing for 2016 run
« on: November 16, 2012, 10:42:26 AM »
Is he "more of the same" that was the problem with the GOP in 2012?  Or is he the future of the party?

Sources close to Rick Santorum are saying the former Pennsylvania senator and 2012 GOP contender is already organizing for a run in 2016. On the other side of the aisle, investor Warren Buffett is already touting his choice to succeed President Obama in the White House.

A leading evangelical leader who is close to Santorum and asked not to be identified, told The Christian Post on Wednesday that Santorum is "organizing and making all the necessary preparations" for another run in the 2016 Republican primary.

"Rick's getting ready organized and is not going to be behind the eight-ball when it comes to fundraising and building a grassroots organization," the anonymous source said. "I think you'll see and hear a lot from Rick in the next 12 months."

Santorum fought off a number of fellow conservatives that included Rep. Michele Bachmann (Minn.), former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, Texas Gov. Rick Perry and restaurant executive Herman Cain to be one of the last standing against Mitt Romney. Only Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) stayed in the race longer but he was never considered a major contender to win the nomination.

Soon after the election was over, Santorum and his team sent out an email to supporters hinting of another run and indicated that he and his wife Karen would be working to rebuild a party splintered by ideology and infighting about why minorities and young women are peeling away from the GOP platform.

"As a result of this election," Santorum wrote, "we now need to engage with even more energy and commitment not just in politics, but in our daily lives, to ensure that the values upon which our country has prospered will continue." And here is the kicker: "Karen and I look forward to working side by side with you to make that happen."

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/santorum-organizing-warren-buffet-supporting-hillary-in-16-85029/#19zKJEu5OBGbMYmP.99

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Santorum organizing for 2016 run
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 10:48:09 AM »
Is he "more of the same" that was the problem with the GOP in 2012?  Or is he the future of the party?

Sources close to Rick Santorum are saying the former Pennsylvania senator and 2012 GOP contender is already organizing for a run in 2016. On the other side of the aisle, investor Warren Buffett is already touting his choice to succeed President Obama in the White House.

A leading evangelical leader who is close to Santorum and asked not to be identified, told The Christian Post on Wednesday that Santorum is "organizing and making all the necessary preparations" for another run in the 2016 Republican primary.

"Rick's getting ready organized and is not going to be behind the eight-ball when it comes to fundraising and building a grassroots organization," the anonymous source said. "I think you'll see and hear a lot from Rick in the next 12 months."

Santorum fought off a number of fellow conservatives that included Rep. Michele Bachmann (Minn.), former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, Texas Gov. Rick Perry and restaurant executive Herman Cain to be one of the last standing against Mitt Romney. Only Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) stayed in the race longer but he was never considered a major contender to win the nomination.

Soon after the election was over, Santorum and his team sent out an email to supporters hinting of another run and indicated that he and his wife Karen would be working to rebuild a party splintered by ideology and infighting about why minorities and young women are peeling away from the GOP platform.

"As a result of this election," Santorum wrote, "we now need to engage with even more energy and commitment not just in politics, but in our daily lives, to ensure that the values upon which our country has prospered will continue." And here is the kicker: "Karen and I look forward to working side by side with you to make that happen."

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/santorum-organizing-warren-buffet-supporting-hillary-in-16-85029/#19zKJEu5OBGbMYmP.99

I don't think he's more of the same.

This sounds like what I said earlier, that conservatives have had enough of "moderate" candidates getting their clocks cleaned, not sticking up for social and economic conservatism, unapologetically.

Personally, I think a governor, who shares Santorum's passion and belief, but has a track record of job creation and economic success, would do a better job.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 10:50:38 AM »
Do you think Santorum will agree with the current GOP sentiment on

1) Obamacare is the law of land
2) Flexible on tax hikes for wealthy
3) Amnesty is A-okay

Along with what will probably be a shift on womens issues too.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 10:54:27 AM »
christie walker

thread over

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 10:55:52 AM »
Do you think Santorum will agree with the current GOP sentiment on

1) Obamacare is the law of land
2) Flexible on tax hikes for wealthy
3) Amnesty is A-okay

Along with what will probably be a shift on womens issues too.

I doubt it.

As for amnesty, go back two decades or so. Reagan granted full-blown amnesty for 3 million illegal aliens in '86. That did Bush (41) no good in '88.

Reagan got 37% of the Latino vote in '84. Bush got 30% in '88.

Tax hikes aren't about the deficit. It's about class warfare and putting an end to capitalism. The middle-class, that believe taxing the rich will help cut down the debt, do so, thinking it won't effect them.

But, the libs never go after the middle class.....INITIALLY! But, once they don't have enough cash from the rich, they'll come for us next.

Santorum need to go after single women, particularly single mothers. He can do so with education, particularly minority women via the school choice route.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 01:04:20 PM »
he's gassing up the clown car already!
wonder who will be next and call 'shotgun'?
w

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 01:57:15 PM »
I doubt it.

As for amnesty, go back two decades or so. Reagan granted full-blown amnesty for 3 million illegal aliens in '86. That did Bush (41) no good in '88.

Reagan got 37% of the Latino vote in '84. Bush got 30% in '88.

Tax hikes aren't about the deficit. It's about class warfare and putting an end to capitalism. The middle-class, that believe taxing the rich will help cut down the debt, do so, thinking it won't effect them.

But, the libs never go after the middle class.....INITIALLY! But, once they don't have enough cash from the rich, they'll come for us next.

Santorum need to go after single women, particularly single mothers. He can do so with education, particularly minority women via the school choice route.

Then we will let them bleed the rich and vote them out when they go for the poor :P

Do you know any rich dem Mcway?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 02:18:13 PM »

This sounds like what I said earlier, that conservatives have had enough of "moderate" candidates getting their clocks cleaned, not sticking up for social and economic conservatism, unapologetically.

Personally, I think a governor, who shares Santorum's passion and belief, but has a track record of job creation and economic success, would do a better job.

LOL. You dont live in reality. If they go farther right, they wont get but 30% of the vote. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 02:29:18 PM »

The conservative are arguing that Romney lost because he was a moderate and he wasn't willing to  promise stuff to minorities and young voters. Why would they run a more conservative hard right candidate, who like Romney, will not promise to give stuff to minorities but will also argue for taking away the stuff/entitlements they already have?  

According to their own logic, a hard right candidate would have less success reaching the youth and minorities voters than Romney.  Are they expecting that voting demographic to not show up, or are they completely disregarding and giving up on ever getting them?  With changing demographics, this does not seem like a very good long term strategy.

And of course there is the abortion issue.  Do you think single women, a huge voting block, are going to vote for a ultraconservative candidate against abortion under any circumstances.
A

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 02:30:10 PM »
Lambs before the Hillary Clinton 2016 Slaughter

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 03:59:03 PM »
Santorum has been labeled "too" conservative. I personally know right-wing diehards in PA who don't like him for that reason. I honestly believe that most people don't want the government telling them who they can sleep with, who they can marry, and what they can put into their bodies.
IMO, Santorum is too outspoken on issues that Republicans need to keep out of because it's none of their f'n business. From hearing him talk, he seems like a nice, genuine, respectable guy, but he needs to keep his mouth shut about things like religion and abortion, and I sincerely doubt he can do that.

Combined with the fact that he won't be passing out anywhere near the "freebies" of the left, his campaign is doomed before it starts.
He is the wrong candidate. Especially if Hillary does indeed run, he stands no chance and should save his time and money for his family.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 05:36:34 PM »
LOL. You dont live in reality. If they go farther right, they wont get but 30% of the vote. 

he really seems to believe this nonsense

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 05:40:02 PM »
If the Republicans end up doing something as dumb as running someone like Santorum I'll vote for Hillary, Biden, Mrs. Obama, fucking anyone else.

What in the world is wrong with the GOP?

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 05:53:27 PM »
the crazy bible guy vs rational communist     juxtaposition is so democrat fun

I say ron paul is best or gary johnson, but I will take christie walker over dem1 dem2 any day

lower gov spending and regulation and let us alll get richer

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2012, 05:57:15 PM »
The GOP needs to get busy finding competent people that they want to represent their base as a whole and offer no support for the fringe candidates like Santorum.  They already know Santorum will not get them in the WH because he is an idiot when it comes keeping his personal beliefs to himself.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 05:59:18 PM »
The GOP needs to get busy finding competent people that they want to represent their base as a whole and offer no support for the fringe candidates like Santorum.  They already know Santorum will not get them in the WH because he is an idiot when it comes keeping his personal beliefs to himself.

I really with the GOP would drop the religious shit.  I don't know if that's a possibility. 

My uncles a fucking minister and even he doesn't go around spouting his beliefs like these lunatics.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 06:06:41 PM »
I really with the GOP would drop the religious shit.  I don't know if that's a possibility. 

My uncles a fucking minister and even he doesn't go around spouting his beliefs like these lunatics.

They are delusional.  They assume the majority of people are on the same page as them when it comes to social issues but obviously that is not the case or Santorum would have won the nomination. If the GOP is smart they would distance themselves from these Santorum types.  They need to essentially have try outs to determine who is the perfect GOP fit.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 06:11:38 PM »
I think what dems miss is that bible thumpers are 5% of republican.  Most of what is republican is lower government spending.   Now the wheel have come off with obama spending so much and not being checked that there is even a question of separation of pwoers since congress is supposed to spend money not the preident.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 06:25:36 PM »
I think what dems miss is that bible thumpers are 5% of republican.  Most of what is republican is lower government spending.   Now the wheel have come off with obama spending so much and not being checked that there is even a question of separation of pwoers since congress is supposed to spend money not the preident.

where'd you get this # from

I'm sure Bum and Mcway would be suprised to hear this

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 09:44:24 PM »
Hilary would wreck Santorum.  Just demolish.  it'd be like watching Lebron dunk on an 8 year old fat kid.  high speed over slow motion. 

imagine him lecturing her on what women should do with their bodies.
imagine him telling her about his great foreign experience, and why he's better prepared to stare down Putin haha.

Oh brother, what a mess 2016 would be.   unless it's Jeb, I see Hilary beating the motherlvoin' shit out of any republican.  He shall hold his own.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 10:08:30 PM »

Oh brother, what a mess 2016 would be.   unless it's Jeb, I see Hilary beating the motherlvoin' shit out of any republican.  He shall hold his own.

No Thanks...you can keep this idiot.

Mandatory prison sentences for drug offenses. (Nov 2001)
Reduce drug use by 50% by prevention & enforcement. (Jul 1999)
More federal funding for all aspects of Drug War. (Aug 2000)
Build more prisons; private contracts OK. (Jul 1998
Stricter penalties for drug, sex, & gun offenses. (Jul 1998)
10-20-Life: Increase mandatory minimum sentences. (Nov 2001)
Federal funds & state involvement in fatherhood initiatives. (Aug 2001)
Leave research funding to feds, not state. (Jun 2001)
Ensure access for children & adults; Medicaid for immigrants. (Jul 1998)
Import farm workers from Mexico. (Sep 2001)
Federal government should deal with criminal repatriation. (Feb 2001)
Provide licensure exams in Spanish, for free. (Jun 2000)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 10:12:15 PM »
that's pretty much the GOP platform now.   Raising taxes, accept obamacare, and open the borders.

Every day we hear another 1-2 names that are jumping on the band wagon.  Tea party ideals are over.

The repubs are now BillClintonLite. 

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2012, 10:24:02 PM »
that's pretty much the GOP platform now.   Raising taxes, accept obamacare, and open the borders.

Every day we hear another 1-2 names that are jumping on the band wagon.  Tea party ideals are over.

From what I can tell the dude is in favor of the spend spend spend motto.  Plus I don't see a chance of him winning because of his bro.  Too much negativity with the Bush name.

I thought you were a Ventura guy.  Or maybe that was 3333.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2012, 06:31:09 AM »
we can only hope and pray you are correct, sir!
w

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2012, 08:16:37 AM »

Republicans would rather change the rules than ever admit that maybe their ideas are a bit to radical for the average voter.  Republicans have a history of swinging even further right when their party is in crisis. Since there are few real moderates in the Republican party, I can't imagine there being enough voices within the party who could successfully convince the Republicans to move to the center-they just don't have the influence.

Also remember, Republican donors are usually hard right, and often evangelical, and these donors choose candidates who share their interests or who at least pander to their interest.  If a candidate/politician wants these millionaires money, hes going to have to play ball with them.  Being hard right still benefits the Republicans in local and state elections, particularly in the south, because of the way districts have been set up.  Expect more gerrymandering in the future. 
A