Author Topic: h  (Read 60259 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Anyone do a Spartan Race or Tough Mudder?
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2013, 10:20:10 AM »
You know what - thats a good fucking question cause they do have spotters but there is some cheating. 

At the end before you hit the finish line there was 10 box jumps and a few blew past those.   Weak ass shit considering its in front of the entire crowd and spectators.   Also saw some cheat w the burpee penalties.  Not doing a real burpee or half assing it. 

Your next one may not be so lenient.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2013, 07:37:10 AM »
The difference between myself at top 13% and the top 10% was probably only a few minutes and I can bottlenecked a few times to where I could have easily sliced a few minutes off my time. 

Congrats man, like I said, I registered and trained for it but couldn't make it.

There are a couple of run/cycle races this year that I would like to do.  I can't believe that that is the only Spartan race to be held in NYC :(

What kind of training did you do? For me I ran hills on the treadmill, also did pull ups/chin up and push ups instead of heavy weights.
I

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2013, 07:48:32 AM »
I posted my routines in the y thread and was 100% prepared for this. 

Dumbbell circuits, burpees, pops ups, a lot of pull ups and push ups, running only to up about 2 miles, sprints, etc. 

Ill try to re-post my routine.  Would not have changed a thing in retrospect whatsover. 

Since the weather is getting better in NY I am riding my bicycle more and more, I don't want to give that up.

I will incorporate some of routine into mine
I

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2013, 01:37:12 AM »
Didn't film it  - but race at Tuxedo NY was way harder than CitiField - endless hills, trails w rock climbing, 8 foot walls, and 40lb sandbag carry up the mountain sucked!   

Damn, dude; that's a rude awakening. You were expecting Tux to be way easier!

What's October going to truly be like?

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2013, 04:51:55 AM »
Everyone said this was the hardest one yet for this venue.  There were tons of hills and trails and after every freaking hill a wall to climb.   Also it was hot so that didnt help.

Hey, on Saturday I rode my bicycle from Brooklyn to Harlem and back. I want to ride from Brooklyn to City Island this summer or over the GW bridge.

Where in the Bronx are you?

I

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2013, 06:23:17 PM »
http://www.downanddirtymudrun.com/event-cities/new-york

How can I pass this up?  Its in da Bronx! 

Should be worth another 1000 posts, easy.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2013, 06:53:23 PM »
Should be worth another 1000 posts, easy.
;D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2013, 07:01:28 PM »
You might be a King - but remember - I got 100k posts plus.   
Haha! Im glad people my people acknowledge the king.  :D

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2013, 07:06:59 PM »
all drugs - TPPIIP

Swollen_Powell

• Getbig II
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2013, 07:56:37 PM »
fuck I look like paying 100 dollars to run in dirt

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2013, 07:39:16 AM »
It got me to train for better overall fitness a nd if $100 every 2 -3 months is the cost to keep training for these events - WELL worth it 

Very good point.

$300 or even $500 dollars is worth the motivation it would give you alone.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2013, 07:45:14 AM »
I have found knowing I have something coming up in a month or two keeps me motivated and focused to train better.  The GoRuck events though scare the shit out of me compared to Spartan Race.  Supposed to be 10x harder and I have started training w the 50lb rucksack doing push ups pull ups etc, and fuck!  When 50lbs on your back - doing all this shit is way way harder

Not making excuses, but if I didn't have so many commitments at home/church every week I'd be all over this stuff.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Anyone do a Spartan Race / Tough Mudder / GoRuck / CMC?
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2013, 11:28:37 AM »
I went to one at Fenway Park today and saw tons and tons of hot chicks.   My boy was doing it and it did not seem all that hard so long as you have some cardio going on.  

no, my mom gets mad when i soil my underwear. then she locks  me in the cellar for a month or two.
F

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2013, 12:36:35 PM »
I college I was doing push-ups with weights in a backpack...and I didn't think it was hardcore...
Now, if you do it outside, it's considered hardcore...

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2013, 12:54:12 PM »

What's going on in this pic?  Are they trying to cornhole you?  It looks a lot like the famouse seen from deliverance.  Squeel like a pig.  EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEE EEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEE!

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2013, 01:58:49 PM »
Why don't you cut the bullshit and join the Marines?  Get yourself off to Afghanistan and find out just how tough you really are.  All this, it's just playing.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2013, 02:24:10 PM »
Why don't you cut the bullshit and join the Marines?  Get yourself off to Afghanistan and find out just how tough you really are.  All this, it's just playing.

Yes, becasue recreational activity and devoting your life to the military are the same thing.   ::) ::) ::) ::)
Y

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2013, 07:21:28 AM »

And?  Its challenging and forces me to train for overall fitness more than just a BB which was getting way boring for me.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

Deep down, you want to be a Navy Seal, but you don't want to get shot, admit it.

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2013, 07:27:47 AM »
 I have carried logs and rocks, swinging sledgehammers, digging ditches and laying in dirt, throwing haybales in the hot sun etc.. around here its just called work. Fukn city people.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2013, 07:31:37 AM »
Im 38 yo  - too old and self employed.

If I had to live life over - I would like to think I would have tried out and seen if I could make it.  Probably would not make it - but I would like to have tried.

I was just messin with you. but now that you got that off your chest see how much better you feel.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2013, 07:41:39 AM »
I have carried logs and rocks, swinging sledgehammers, digging ditches and laying in dirt, throwing haybales in the hot sun etc.. around here its just called work. Fukn city people.

Ditto!  Felling trees, and splitting firewood with a maul seems to be a pretty good workout.   :-\

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2013, 07:49:50 AM »
In NYC - you wield an Ax you are going to jail.   ;)  ;)

We have to do this hokey nonsense to get outside and do something different,   ;D

Have you considered moving?  Seriously, NY seems like a shitty place to live.  I was talking to some FDNY guys last week, and all they did was talk shit about the city, and taxes.  One of them said he lives outside the city in a $220,000.00 house, and pays $10,000 in property taxes.  WTF?  You seem like you need to get in touch with your granola side.   :D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2013, 10:45:22 AM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   amen. try flipping 660 lb syrup drums for a couple of hours or loading trucks with items that weigh between 20-125 lbs for a 12 hour shift. let's see whose the  tuff mudder than. or just digging a hole and pulling large rocks out of it for 10- 12 hours.
F

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2013, 11:17:00 AM »
Have you considered moving?  Seriously, NY seems like a shitty place to live.  I was talking to some FDNY guys last week, and all they did was talk shit about the city, and taxes.  One of them said he lives outside the city in a $220,000.00 house, and pays $10,000 in property taxes.  WTF?  You seem like you need to get in touch with your granola side.   :D

it only sucks if you're poor

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2013, 01:13:54 PM »

it only sucks if you're poor

Yes, but a poor man could be rich if he moved somewhere else.   :D