When I touch a pot on my electric range (with it on), and touch the metal range hood I get shocked.
The range hood frame is grounded, and the electric element the pot is sitting on is wired hot.
How would this not electrocute you? Is this a design flaw? WTF?
Chances are the electric element on your stove has a loose connection and isn't grounded. Does this happen with all the electric elements on the stove top or just one? Also when a lose wire touches the stove top itself, it becomes an open circuit. The pot being metal transfers the short to you when you touch it. You would also probably get a shock if you touched the pot and the stove top (not the element).
If this is what is causing the problem, rewiring the element isn't that difficult. Be sure to shut off all power to the stove though before you attempt a fix.