And what do the poor have in the US? Well, let's see:
- A home, thanks to subsidized housing provided by the government
- A car, and/or access to transportation
- Access to educational opportunities
- Food...obesity is an epidemic amongst ALL Americans...no one has died from starvation in the US in recent memory
- Medical Care....you get sick, you can go to a hospital and get treated.....broke or not, insured or not.
- Employment. There is ALWAYS work to be had. Unemployment is the option of choice for the lazy or the proud or the gravely ill.
Being poor is a direct consequence of inadequate education and/or vocational skills. Why care who is rich and what percentage are rich? What are exactly these roadblocks that supposedly exist that keep millions of American in squalor? Give me a valid reason as to how or why any person in America are unable to obtain all of the above? Who exactly stands in the way?
" Why care who is richt and what percentage are rich"
In a perfect world that would not be of importance. However, if only the rich profit from the economic growth then something is wrong.
Access to education? I never knew that Yale was for free