Author Topic: Where Do You Stand? With the Rich or Middle Class?  (Read 20783 times)

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
Where Do You Stand? With the Rich or Middle Class?
« on: November 30, 2012, 11:46:12 AM »
Obama wants to raise taxes on the ultra wealthy, with medium cuts to social security and medicare.

Republicans want to close tax loopholes on the ultra wealthy, with large cuts to social security and medicare.

Obama proposed his plan and was laughed outta the room by Republicans:

McConnell told the Weekly Standard that he "burst into laughter" as Geithner outlined the plan.

"GOP aides say Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner presented an offer calling for $1.6 trillion in new tax revenue over the coming decade, extending the 2 percentage point payroll tax deduction or something comparable to it and $50 billion in stimulus spending on infrastructure projects.
The White House plan calls for $960 billion over the coming decade by increasing tax rates and taxes on investment income on upper-bracket earners and $600 billion in additional taxes. Republicans view the offer as a step backward with the fiscal cliff – an economy-rattling set of automatic spending cuts and tax increases – looming at years' end."

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
Re: Where Do You Stand? With the Rich or Middle Class?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 11:50:08 AM »
USA is constantly moving backwards with this moron in charge it seems.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 11:51:35 AM »
Obama wants to raise taxes on the ultra wealthy, with medium cuts to social security and medicare.

Republicans want to close tax loopholes on the ultra wealthy, with large cuts to social security and medicare.

Obama proposed his plan and was laughed outta the room by Republicans:

McConnell told the Weekly Standard that he "burst into laughter" as Geithner outlined the plan.

"GOP aides say Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner presented an offer calling for $1.6 trillion in new tax revenue over the coming decade, extending the 2 percentage point payroll tax deduction or something comparable to it and $50 billion in stimulus spending on infrastructure projects.
The White House plan calls for $960 billion over the coming decade by increasing tax rates and taxes on investment income on upper-bracket earners and $600 billion in additional taxes. Republicans view the offer as a step backward with the fiscal cliff – an economy-rattling set of automatic spending cuts and tax increases – looming at years' end."

Raising taxes has NEVER worked in the long run, it's a short term solution. More problems in the long run. You don't raise taxes, it kills the private business sector. Again, it's a commonsense thing. raising taxes on the rich will do zero to help the economy.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 11:53:09 AM »
One other thing..the title of this thread. I stand with both but he's killing both, ESPECIALLY the middle class. Can't believe people fell for it.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 11:54:53 AM »
Spending needs to be cut and cut dramatically!  Where it is cut from is a whole other subject, but I can't seem to remember one time where raising taxes did anything to help.  Common democrat practice is to say, raise taxes and we'll cut spending.  Well the taxes get raised but the spending cuts never happen.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 12:12:06 PM »
No reason the ultra rich shouldn't pay 30% if the middle class pays 30%.

Business taxes were much higher during the most prosperous times (50's-60's), but there wasn't the international competition back then.

Bottom line is, spending is the problem. Wasteful and corrupt spending specifcally.

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 12:17:08 PM »
Anybody against severe taxing of the ultra rich is either ultra rich or utterly blind

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 12:18:57 PM »
I stand with the rich AND the middle class. It's the fucking leeches who think they are entitled to everything for free not so much. Take your hippie go free free nonsense and go kill yourself. Hope this helps.
$

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 12:19:19 PM »
Yes let's lower the taxes on rich because some day I will be super rich and will benefit from those tax breaks.  ::)

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 12:19:54 PM »
Anybody against severe taxing of the ultra rich is either ultra rich or utterly blind

Or understands economics.

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 12:22:00 PM »
Or understands economics.

yes, if by "economics" you mean liberal economics and adhere to the right of property doctrine of rights as proposed by the forefathers of our liberal economy.

There is a certain guy called something like Carlos Marx that unoderstood economics better than me and you and made some VERY good points, fyi.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 12:22:53 PM »
The idea is that if you give the rich tax breaks their businesses will have more money and will lead to the creation of jobs. This is called "Trickle Down Economics" which has been proven NOT to work time and time again.
X

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 12:25:20 PM »
obama want to take money from everyone

then give it to rich at top

I don't like obama

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 12:25:34 PM »

Obviously you're utterly blind, jealous or just flat out don't understand. Tell me again how taxing the shit out of the rich is going to do any good besides putting more people out of work. What makes someone like yourself think you're entitled to someone elses wealth. What makes you believe that government knows what to do with money more than the wealthy?  

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 12:26:43 PM »
The idea is that if you give the rich tax breaks their businesses will have more money and will lead to the creation of jobs. This is called "Trickle Down Economics" which has been proven NOT to work time and time again.

My thoughts exactly.  They want tax breaks because they are job creates make the tax breaks proportionate to and based soley on the jobs they create and keep in this country.  Business loves the philosophy of incentives so much they should llove this approach. It provides actual incentives to create and keep jobs in the US.
A

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 12:28:26 PM »
yes, if by "economics" you mean liberal economics and adhere to the right of property doctrine of rights as proposed by the forefathers of our liberal economy.

There is a certain guy called something like Carlos Marx that unoderstood economics better than me and you and made some VERY good points, fyi.

Being Marxist is just like saying I'm an idiot and I don't understand economics.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 12:29:18 PM »

Depends on where this "proof" came from.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 12:29:29 PM »

Carlos Marx? Or Karl Marx?  :D

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 12:30:43 PM »
Obviously you're utterly blind, jealous or just flat out don't understand. Tell me again how taxing the shit out of the rich is going to do any good besides putting more people out of work. What makes someone like yourself think you're entitled to someone elses wealth. What makes you believe that government knows what to do with money more than the wealthy?  

I luckily come a from a wealthy family, and can say I have a very good education (I am an upper class Chilean).

Taxing the shit out of the rich is fair because of distributive justice (think John Rawls and his two criteria for social development).  Not only that, the ultra rich have idle wealth that generates no extra goodness neither to them (as they are unable to sepnd every penny they save up) nor to society because the taxation is low.

"What makes someone like yourself think you're entitled to someone elses wealth. What makes you believe that government knows what to do with money more than the wealthy?"

This is how I know you have never read a book on theory of right or political philosphy, its much much more than MY MMONEYYZZZ I DO WHATEVA WANT WIV IT WAHHH WAHHH

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 12:32:03 PM »
Being Marxist is just like saying I'm an idiot and I don't understand economics.
I am not a marxist but thank you for proving my point, you liberal twat are incapable of seeing other points of view as a whole, you are one indoctrinated sad man.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 12:39:34 PM »
I think 'trickle up economics' would work better. If the lower incomes have money they will spend. Spending creates demand...demand creates jobs.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 12:43:05 PM »
I think 'trickle up economics' would work better. If the lower incomes have money they will spend. Spending creates demand...demand creates jobs.

Here is a fact.  There is more of us than them therefore it stands to reason that more disposable income in the hands of the middle class and lower middle class means more products are sold thus creating demand and increased production
A

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 12:44:12 PM »
The part of America that believes in hard work and fair pay.
all drugs - TPPIIP

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 12:47:16 PM »
The part of America that believes in hard work and fair pay.
Too bootstrappy. Try something less mythical.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 12:48:49 PM »
I luckily come a from a wealthy family, and can say I have a very good education (I am an upper class Chilean).

Taxing the shit out of the rich is fair because of distributive justice (think John Rawls and his two criteria for social development).  Not only that, the ultra rich have idle wealth that generates no extra goodness neither to them (as they are unable to sepnd every penny they save up) nor to society because the taxation is low.

"What makes someone like yourself think you're entitled to someone elses wealth. What makes you believe that government knows what to do with money more than the wealthy?"

This is how I know you have never read a book on theory of right or political philosphy, its much much more than MY MMONEYYZZZ I DO WHATEVA WANT WIV IT WAHHH WAHHH

...or what you've bought into.