Author Topic: For all the Def Leppard haters on this board  (Read 15670 times)

MikMaq

Re: For all the Def Leppard haters on this board
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2012, 02:47:44 PM »

MikMaq

« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2012, 02:52:14 PM »
only groink could shoehorn a pic into this thread  ;D

def leppard have been at the top of the rock tree for decades

their drummer has one arm

radiohead are a bunch of pretentious idiots that wrote one good song

then wanked off for ten years pretending they are deep and meaningful

which band would you rather be in

a big rock group fucking hot whores by the dozen

or radiohead where your fans are all vegetarians and would rather self harm than take it in the ass
Lol what song is that karma police?

Seriously shitting on writing head is fucking ignorant.

They were truly interesting, whether or not you like them.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2012, 03:40:42 PM »
"The band that defined hard rock"

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2012, 04:32:14 PM »
"The band that defined hard rock"

LOL...i think there might be a few bands that have a problem with that statement, Led Zeppeilin, Black Sabbath for starters.

I get it, and you are a pretty persistent troll, I'll give you that   :)

oh by the way...post "Adrenalize" how many records did Def Leppard's new albums sell ?

would you like to know the answer ?  :D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2012, 04:36:43 PM »
I would say that Pyromania did define a generation of Hair Metal...

MikMaq

« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2012, 05:05:43 PM »
I would say that Pyromania did define a generation of Phags
fixed for logic.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2012, 05:10:03 PM »
I'm still waiting to see Radiohead have a movie made about their career. That would never happen and there's only two things that Groink can do about that and that's like it or lump it!

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2012, 05:10:17 PM »
 ::)

I probably have more diverse tastes than most here. Anything save for radio-play tripe and shit hop, which doesn't actually meet the definition of music anyway, is on my musical palette.

Talent has nothing to do with playing a million notes per hour. Collen is a pure example of playing fast for the sake of playing fast, and playing sloppy as hell while he's at it. He's a hack.

He wishes he could write/play this.

Now if radiocrap had any talent they'd probably sound a little like this. More dynamics, better vocals, more sophisticated arrangements and more intelligent melodies and note choices.

The reason y'all probably haven't heard any bands like this is because the general public is full of pablum sucking morons and they dictate what you get to listen to, along with big $$$. There's a million other bands and musicians I could reference but it's pretty pointless.

MikMaq

« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2012, 05:13:14 PM »
I'm still waiting to see Radiohead have a movie made about their career. That would never happen and there's only two things that Groink can do about that and that's like it or lump it!

I'd like to hear of bands that have a direct def leopard influence, guess wha your not gonna find em.

Radiohead influence almost every band going these days, they were essentially the second wave of music after nirvana.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2012, 05:14:42 PM »
fixed for logic.

Your statement is definitely "RAtarded".

MikMaq

« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2012, 05:18:58 PM »

I probably have more diverse tastes than most here. Anything save for radio-play tripe and shit hop, which doesn't actually meet the definition of music anyway, is on my musical palette.

Talent has nothing to do with playing a million notes per hour. Collen is a pure example of playing fast for the sake of playing fast, and playing sloppy as hell while he's at it. He's a hack.

Now if radiocrap had any talent they'd probably sound a little like this. More dynamics, better vocals, more sophisticated arrangements and more intelligent melodies and note choices.

The reason y'all probably haven't heard any bands like this is because the general public is full of pablum sucking morons and they dictate what you get to listen to, along with big $$$. There's a million other bands and musicians I could reference but it's pretty pointless.

Your delusional, as much as labels dictate taste, the fact is people like what they like, there is no great conspiracy, people that play guitar like  mal-steam, people that don't can't stand em, just the same dudes that play bass like victor wooten, there is no conspiracy but simply an individualistic bias for what is relevant to you.

The reason radiohead is worth mentioning  is because they give something to more than one audience of people. They give people that play instruments some interesting ideas, just as they give people  that don't something they won't get out of  coldplay.

Def leopard give almost nothing to the musician, and I seriously have to wonder do they even like playing their own songs. Their a pop band produced by mutt lange, who look gook, and sing like a boy band.

MikMaq

« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2012, 05:26:09 PM »

Your a joke if you think 99 percent of music these days isn't music, as almost everything is a variant of pop or hip hop.

MikMaq

« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2012, 05:29:54 PM »
Your statement is definitely "RAtarded".

I'll take that back for the record your right, pyromania was actually decent, I thought you meant hysteria which was before the lost arm/turning into a total boy band/being over produced came into the picture..

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #113 on: December 03, 2012, 05:41:20 PM »

I saw Devin Townsend when he was with Vai.  Awesome show in a small club.  Although I like Devin's stuff his music can be a little over produced at times.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2012, 07:01:41 PM »

I hear a lot of tricky time changes and complex melodies, but i don't hear anything i would want to hear again or resonates with me.

vocals are horribly overwrought. i can't deal with those operatic types.

it's not about who has the most dexterity in my opinion. if that was the case, if someone could play a solo with their feet, would that make them the best musician ?

and it's just silly to say Radiohead can barely play their instruments just because their aren't chugging guitars and sweeps, hammering on and all of that guitar god stuff. their lead guitarist scores orchestras and movie soundtracks, and real ones..not silly vanity projects

such simple music  ::)

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2012, 07:39:21 PM »
Hahaha sitting here reading all this and a Damn Def Leopard song comes on the radio!!! Good shit hahah :)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #116 on: December 03, 2012, 08:30:45 PM »

MikMaq

« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2012, 08:45:07 PM »

There pretty sweet, along with mogwai, and godspeed you black emperor were the only thing I listen to for several months back in 06.

These guys are currently given me my kicks, there bassist is pretty sick, and the songs aren't bad once you get past the brigade of fucktards that they call fans.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2012, 08:50:18 PM »
Def Leppard is for skanks.

I wouldn't even consider myself a 'hater'.

It's not even on my radar for something important enough to justify hate.

HTH.
G

MikMaq

« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2012, 08:55:32 PM »
Def Leppard is for skanks.

I wouldn't even consider myself a 'hater'.

It's not even on my radar for something important enough to justify hate.

HTH.
I'm kinda on the same wavelength, however it's hard to get past a bunch of  grown men admitting to listening to them. They were truly the backstreet boys of their time, where 2/3rds their audience was chicks, and the 1/3 men that liked them as a guilty pleasure somehow because their retro thats excused.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2012, 09:00:22 PM »
I'm kinda on the same wavelength, however it's hard to get past a bunch of  grown men admitting to listening to them. They were truly the backstreet boys of their time, where 2/3rds their audience was chicks, and the 1/3 men that liked them as a guilty pleasure somehow because their retro thats excused.

X3....I still remember the first time I heard them. my cousin came over with their record, And was jumping up and down how they were the next  Led Zeppelin, so he puts it on and I'm like "this is gay"

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2012, 11:14:54 PM »
I'll take that back for the record your right, pyromania was actually decent, I thought you meant hysteria which was before the lost arm/turning into a total boy band/being over produced came into the picture..

I agree with that.

They went completely off the rails when all of that shit happened. 

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: December 04, 2012, 12:45:36 AM »
lots of "hysteria" in this thread
T

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2012, 01:23:33 AM »
Six pages now - Getbiggers have been arguing about this on through the night.

Radiohead have been left high and dry.

:D

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2012, 07:00:49 AM »
This really sounds like a boy band like Groink describes them. LOL

P.S. Every Def Leppard gig I've been to in my country (UK) the audiences have been 50% male and 50% female.