Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
July 27, 2014, 11:42:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shot put workout for punching power  (Read 2681 times)
WOOO
Getbig V

Mr. Unpopular

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2012, 07:03:40 PM »

WOOO:  (just a though here, not a dis)     Either your underestimating Bruce Lee or over estimatimng your self.

maybe...

we'll never know
Report to moderator   Logged
Meso_z
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2012, 02:41:27 AM »

There's a lot of believable accounts of Lee's toughness, but I'm sure, too, that a lot has been embellished, as is often the case with famous people who meet an "untimely demise" and become a bit glorified.

The footage of him at Ed Parker's Long Beach Internationals in '64 is usually cited as demonstrations of legitimate feats of strength and speed. Unfortunately, the only existing clip is less than ten minutes long, and really only depicts him doing his famous two-finger push-ups and 1-inch punch.
It would be nice to see some footage of him sparring or actually fighting.

Possible exaggerations aside, I believe he was a bad-ass.
it would be cool to have a footage like this.
Montague
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2012, 01:26:40 PM »

it would be cool to have a footage like this.

Yes.
Numerous A&E documentaries have featured about twenty-seconds of the film. I've come across the clips on Youtube as well. Usually, it's just brief snippets of the push-ups and 1-inch punch, respectively.

I can't remember if the biographical movie with Jason Scott Lee contained any of the clips or not. I distinctly remember them using some original footage from the Kung Fu series, and Ed Parker Jr. appeared as his dad, Ed Sr., but I haven't seen the movie in years.

If you can't find it on Youtube or daily motion, let me know. If I remember, the next time I come across it, I'll forward you a link.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!