Author Topic: What's the worst experience you ever had training ??  (Read 10916 times)

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
Re: What's the worst experience you ever had training ??
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2012, 05:19:54 PM »
Passed out dead lifting. Ok semi passed out . Was "guided" down to floor by friend. Oh and damn near shit myself squatting once.  Just a little chocolate squirtty.  :-\

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2012, 05:27:55 PM »
Creepy old dude used to stand naked in the locker room and brag about Vegas hookers that blew him etc. One day he's telling this story about a hooker that blew him underwater in a hot tub. He's taking his long underwear off while he's telling the story. The guy is naked now and still bragging about this hooker BJ and he turns around and he has dried diarrhea plastered all down the backs of both of his legs all the way down to his calves. Stink was bad enough to knock a buzzard off a shit wagon.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2012, 06:07:36 PM »
Shitty Mexican gym  doing lying dumbbell tricep extension

on a bench that looked like this, instant KO

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2012, 11:14:59 PM »
I blew out a lumbar disk about 10 years ago while squatting. That wasn't fun.

I was also in a gym once, a few years after that, and this guy was in the squat rack repping away with a little bit of difficulty. He starts putting the grunt to effect toward the end of his set and he's getting louder and louder and then.....nothing. I was doing extensions next to him and I looked over to see what was up. He racked the weight, turned to me with big wide eyes and said "Fuck - I think I've just grown another ball" and ran off to the changing rooms. Never saw him again. I'm guessing he suffered a herniation toward the end of his set.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2012, 11:19:18 PM »
Go outside to vomit during sets of squats.

That's a fuckin' badge of honor right thur.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2012, 11:24:56 PM »
I was 16 when I was training at Bill Pearls in Pasadena. Was doing standing side.laterals with 110's, came down and smashed my dick between the weights. Passed out, woke up and was taken.to the hospital. Spent 2 days there with a catheter and the world's ugliest.nurse...true story.

Spidey

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2012, 11:48:55 PM »
Went to the gym after finding out someone took a knife to my car's soft top so i wasn't very happy. Loaded the bar for squats, did my sets don't know what i was thinking but removed all the plates from one side, Bar just flipped, hit the ground hard and broke the fucking mirror. Everyone was looking and i was embaraced as fuck.

Doing pushpresses hit the bar on my chin, bit my tongue and blood everywhere, lots, had to go to the hospital.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2012, 01:07:32 AM »
I was 16 when I was training at Bill Pearls in Pasadena. Was doing standing side.laterals with 110's, came down and smashed my dick between the weights. Passed out, woke up and was taken.to the hospital. Spent 2 days there with a catheter and the world's ugliest.nurse...true story.

Fuck that!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2012, 04:45:17 AM »
Lol!! ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2012, 04:57:54 AM »
Shitty Mexican gym  doing lying dumbbell tricep extension

::)

Thought you were a big fan of the b e a n e r s in Oxnard.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2012, 04:59:05 AM »
The best one I ever saw was in my garage. me and my boy were doing dips off the bench, feet on a chair with a curling bar loaded with weight across our legs.

My buddy for some reason, puts ONE foot down at the end of his set. the bar tips one way, drops the weights off, shoots back up the other way and slams into the side of his head, opens up a gash and knocks him out cold.

Ouch...

Not sure what the worst experience I've had is... never had any very serious injuries from training, thankfully.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2012, 05:12:37 AM »
LOL so many posts here with people failing to understand the basic laws of gravity, it really makes you wonder why weight lifters have gotten this image of being dumb meat heads!

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2012, 05:19:21 AM »
First time using squat suit. No one with any decent strength was around, weight wasn't much, something I could easily do without any suit or even belt. I didn't expect to go all the way down, I just wanted to try. Of course I couldn't handle the weight, I fell behind, nearly killed 18 yo who apparently was there for the first time. I've never seen this guy again. He was shaking and all like - "WHY DO YOU USE WEIGHTS YOU CANNOT LIFT". I didn't bother to explain.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2012, 05:30:45 AM »
LOL so many posts here with people failing to understand the basic laws of gravity, it really makes you wonder why weight lifters have gotten this image of being dumb meat heads!
You sound like the kind of guy that stops a set when the weight starts to feel heavy.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2012, 05:53:04 AM »
You sound like the kind of guy that stops a set when the weight starts to feel heavy.

Lol nearly, but I actually stop when i feel the weight is about to start feeling heavy. Who am i to f@ck with Newton's life work!

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2012, 06:15:27 AM »
Dropped a weight plate on my foot from about 5 feet in height in plimsolls. Big toe smashed to bits

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2012, 06:35:31 AM »
Didn't see the threadmill was running, walked on it, fell forwards but tried to hold on to the rails at the side, ended kinda "running" and dragging my knees for quite a few seconds. Had to look ridiculous, yet everyone was stone-faced. Bleeding knees afterwards.

At 15, loaded the bar to squat. Went to deep, collapsed with the bar rolling over my head.

Serious back injury from leg-pressing. Worst pain I have ever felt, had to crawl afterwards.

NN

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2012, 07:09:50 AM »
'...Does anybody remember laughter?'      ;D            

Lol ;D

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2012, 07:32:34 AM »
At 18, I was bench pressing and my spotter wasn't watching.

I couldn't get the last one up, he didn't notice and the bar gradually came back, right on the end of my nose and then slip down the bottom of my nose resting on my top lip.

It split the skin between my nostrils from the tip of nose to my lip to the point where the cartilage was poking out. I had to pull the skin down so the cartilage popped back in. There was blood everywhere.

I was pissed off but not nearly as pissed off as the gym owner who gave the useless twat spotting me an instant ban.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2012, 07:37:14 AM »
Actually - I have another...

Was doing seated curls - alternate curls & when I'd done the last rep on my right, my arm was burning so like a dumbass I dropped the weight.

Of course, I didn't even attempt to counteract the weight on the left side and it pulled me down and I tore my right oblique. That's something you really do not want to do. Not if you do stuff like walking or breathing on a regular basis.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2012, 07:49:50 AM »
Slipped a disc in back on heavy hack squats.
Slipped a disc in back on heavy barbell rows.
Dislocated shoulder on heavy db shoulder presses.
Dislocated knee randomly in free weight area....EMS was called cause I didn't know what to do at that time.  

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2012, 07:54:03 AM »
First time using squat suit. No one with any decent strength was around, weight wasn't much, something I could easily do without any suit or even belt. I didn't expect to go all the way down, I just wanted to try. Of course I couldn't handle the weight, I fell behind, nearly killed 18 yo who apparently was there for the first time. I've never seen this guy again. He was shaking and all like - "WHY DO YOU USE WEIGHTS YOU CANNOT LIFT". I didn't bother to explain.
actually that's an excellent question, why do you  :D

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2012, 07:58:02 AM »
other than some minor injuries

my shorts ripped open in the ass during squats. was pretty ebarrassing because the gym was pretty full and i didn't have any pants with me. was pretty much walk of shame out of there lol

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2012, 08:01:28 AM »

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2012, 08:10:46 AM »
I was 16 when I was fucking Bill Pearl in Pasadena. Was doing reverse cowgirl with maximum effort, came down and smashed his dick too deep in my intestine. Passed out, woke up and was taken.to the hospital. Spent 2 days there with a catheter and the world's hottest male nurse...true story.