Author Topic: Can you eat with less than four dollars per day?  (Read 11518 times)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Can you eat with less than four dollars per day?
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 04:21:24 AM »
Western people are weak.  It is EASY to survive on less than 4 dollars if you can do without the fluff.

fuck that... i'm not poor

i eat meat

no homo

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 04:53:23 AM »
Western people are weak.  It is EASY to survive on less than 4 dollars if you can do without the fluff.

Generally agree. Things may seem hard or even be hard at first, until we actually are forced to live a certain way. Then you either adapt or lose the struggle.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 06:37:52 AM »
This. I would have to resort to this in college sometimes near the end of the semester.

Even to this day when I can pretty much eat whatever I want, whenever... I have to admit an occasional bowl of Ramen is still one of my guilty pleasures. I actually like the taste and variety but wouldn't want to be forced to eat it all the time, your sodium would be through the roof!!

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 07:30:51 AM »
Food stamp users are the fattest people in the checkout line every time....getting enough food doesn't seem to be the problem. 

If there's a problem, it's that they're getting so much food that they're eating themselves into a new list of obesity related problems.
Y

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 08:05:58 AM »
tombstone pizza from walmart $3.35, fill up your gallon jug at the water cooler.
sept 10th APF

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2012, 08:28:29 AM »
$4 US in the US would be very tough. I think $10 is doable.
X2! Hell.....I paid 4.50 for a Coke at the movies the other day.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2012, 08:30:33 AM »
FUCK NO!

Shit a Big Mac Large Meal is about $7 on its own

EH

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2012, 10:52:27 AM »
generic mac n cheese = .$50/box... plus 1gal milk/wk ($.57/day)
plus 1 tub butter every 6 weeks ($.07/day),
1 can ravioli/day ($.89),
1 bag walmart chicken nuggets/wk ($.71/day),
1 jug bbq sauce/month ($.13/day)

Total = $2.87 per day.

(steal water from water fountians and save a quarter)

not a great diet for a bodybuilder, but you get kcals.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2012, 11:03:47 AM »
Food stamp users are the fattest people in the checkout line every time....getting enough food doesn't seem to be the problem. 

If there's a problem, it's that they're getting so much food that they're eating themselves into a new list of obesity related problems.
easely explained

shitty foods are cheap ie. high carb and transfat foods.

high quality foods, fruit, veggies,  wild/organic fed meats/fish/chicken are expensive.

also lower in education/intelligence means not knowing/caring to eat healthy

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2012, 01:51:13 PM »
FUCK NO!

I thought it would be lot cheaper in US.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2012, 07:54:49 PM »
beans, rice, lettuce, egg whites.  I think it could be done.

this^^^I'd rotate rice with pasta every other day or something. $4 bucks is still pushing it but $6 bucks is doable.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2012, 07:56:58 PM »
this^^^I'd rotate rice with pasta every other day or something. $4 bucks is still pushing it but $6 bucks is doable.

Throw in a water fast day once a week and take that money you save on that day to buy a couple of cheap jars of nuts.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2012, 12:10:13 AM »
  Thanks

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2012, 12:14:37 AM »
FUCK NO!

I have a receipt showing $8.38. Those bastards. 
a

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2012, 12:15:49 AM »
  Galeniko rocks

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2012, 12:32:24 AM »
I doubt I could make it on $4 a day for food and I have no desire to try. Today I spent over $30 just buying stuff to fix for dinner. Granted, I didn't use all of what I purchased and what's left can be used for another meal, plus that $32 included a $12 bottle of wine. The dinner was for enough for my wife and myself for those who are keeping a tally.

I fixed prawns plus pasta with Alfredo sauce, sautéed mushrooms, capers and fresh grated parmesan cheese. For a vegetable, I sliced a zucchini, grilled it and served it with sundried tomatoes on top.

I have about a half pound of prawns left, some sliced mushrooms, one zucchini, 3/4 a jar of sundried tomatoes and a 1/2 jar of Alfredo sauce. I am presently drinking the last glass of Chardonnay.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2012, 12:36:19 AM »
I doubt I could make it on $4 a day for food and I have no desire to try. Today I spent over $30 just buying stuff to fix for dinner. Granted, I didn't use all of what I purchased and what's left can be used for another meal, plus that $32 included a $12 bottle of wine. The dinner was for enough for my wife and myself for those who are keeping a tally.

I fixed prawns plus pasta with Alfredo sauce, sautéed mushrooms, capers and fresh grated parmesan cheese. For a vegetable, I sliced a zucchini, grilled it and served it with sundried tomatoes on top.

I have about a half pound of prawns left, some sliced mushrooms, one zucchini, 3/4 a jar of sundried tomatoes and a 1/2 jar of Alfredo sauce. I am presently drinking the last glass of Chardonnay.

Do you have another bottle?
a

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2012, 12:38:08 AM »
;D

Stereotype diet.  I'm surprise the white boys aren't all over you on this one.  Oh, arce must be from a poor country to come of with that number.  When I was in Mangueira, $4 per day was the magic US dollar number to cover your daily meals.  I'm talking nice South American meat, definitely not a McD's heart attack menu or some of these fools coming with a spoon of rice and a can of tuna.  
ha, man a person doesn't need to eat that much. A bowl of oatmeal, or cornflakes, milk (or water if you are really cheap), and then tuna for lunch, or skip lunch and do tuna for dinner.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2012, 12:40:30 AM »
OP, are we talking bodybuilders or "any random stinking human" living in the US?
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2012, 01:01:05 AM »
Do you have another bottle?

Nope. When I bought the stuff for dinner, I though our daughter would be eating with us, but she bailed to spend time with a friend up the street. My wife doesn't drink. The bottle of wine was intended for two minus a little I put in the Alfredo sauce. I have a policy that once you open a bottle of wine you must drink it, it doesn't keep well. LOL! The wine is Kendall Jackson Private Reserve Chardonnay. It is nicely oaky.

When I fix Welsh Rarebit, I use beer. The recipe calls for a cup of beer. I always drink the remainder of the bottle. That's how it goes when you cook.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2012, 05:11:30 AM »
Food stamps are supposed to help you buy food. Not to completely give you free food for the month. I guess in Newark that stunt was to guilt Democrats into giving food stamp receivers a complete free ride. Food stamps as well as disability social security has exploded under Obama.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2012, 05:13:56 AM »
Nope. When I bought the stuff for dinner, I though our daughter would be eating with us, but she bailed to spend time with a friend up the street. My wife doesn't drink. The bottle of wine was intended for two minus a little I put in the Alfredo sauce. I have a policy that once you open a bottle of wine you must drink it, it doesn't keep well. LOL! The wine is Kendall Jackson Private Reserve Chardonnay. It is nicely oaky.

When I fix Welsh Rarebit, I use beer. The recipe calls for a cup of beer. I always drink the remainder of the bottle. That's how it goes when you cook.

words to live by  ;D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2012, 05:22:59 AM »

Prime...about time i got an invite.. ;D

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2012, 08:46:39 AM »
$4 US in the US would be very tough. I think $10 is doable.

Mc D's dollar menu. Well........you'd get enough calories to get by on

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2012, 08:51:10 AM »
i eat out your mom for less than a dollar haha.