Author Topic: Where does Fish rank in protein quality  (Read 11625 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Where does Fish rank in protein quality
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2012, 06:03:30 PM »
Yes in terms of bodybuilding, digestibility is everything and eggs do not digest well. They give you gas, they make you have the runs, they can have 100 on the BV but I guarantee fish, although lower, equals more protein being absorbed. Rule of thumb, if a food creates rock hard shits then you digest it well and if it gives you the runs then you did not digest it well.

Now fish is not good for everyone, some people have poor digestive enzymes for fish so it is not a good choice for them, like being lactose intolerant only we are talking about fish. Also if you have not eaten fish in a long time it might take a few days for your digestive system to get used to it but after that it is smooth sailing. When I eat nothing but talipia fish and chicken breast, my shits are hard as granite and my stomach is strong, very little gas, no pains, like I said smooth sailing.

Now as far as the biological value chart is concerned, is it important? yes but it is only half the story, your digestibility is the other half.

Wow... that's interesting as hell!

I've definitely noticed the difference in consistency of my shit.  Are the rock hard shits unhealthy?  Do they cause constipation?

I fucking love fish anyway, Salmon, Tuna, Cod, Talipia (cheap and okay)... I could eat Sushi all day everyday.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2012, 06:10:40 PM »
Some can handle it, others can not, question; do eggs give you gas, if so then it is an important sign that your body is having trouble digesting it. If eggs do not give you gas then you are in the minority.

i agree with you there... i get almost no gas ever... nothing extra from eggs (even though i egg them boiled more often then anything else now)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2012, 06:13:55 PM »
Constipation is not the results of hard shits but rather hard shits are the results of constipation. So if you are constipated then the food is forced to stay in the intestines and stomach longer causing more digestive time creating a rock hard shit. So yes I get hard rock shits from fish and chicken breast but no I do not get constipation.

Fuck I feel wierd talking about my shits, lol  ;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2012, 06:16:03 PM »
i would suggest that beyond fiber content in the diet, hydration is a primary concern in maintaining healthy digestion... i know that when i'm eating 250g of protein/day i need to drink a lot less water than when i am eating 350g...

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2012, 06:17:35 PM »
i would suggest that beyond fiber content in the diet, hydration is a primary concern in maintaining healthy digestion... i know that when i'm eating 250g of protein/day i need to drink a lot less water than when i am eating 350g...
Extremely important

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2012, 06:20:22 PM »
Thanks!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2012, 07:41:14 AM »
i noticed that pork was not on the list i provided... it is highly bioavailable as well...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20023140

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2012, 09:25:15 AM »
Onetimehard, why not just take digestive enzymes with your meals?

Enzymes and Apple Cider Vinegar work wonders when bulking, or anytime really.

the trainer

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2012, 09:38:33 AM »
First you hit the massage parlor and the asian chick gives you happy ending then you hit the sushi restaurant and the asian guy gives you fish.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2012, 10:02:14 AM »
Yes in terms of bodybuilding, digestibility is everything and eggs do not digest well. They give you gas, they make you have the runs, they can have 100 on the BV but I guarantee fish, although lower, equals more protein being absorbed. Rule of thumb, if a food creates rock hard shits then you digest it well and if it gives you the runs then you did not digest it well.
Now fish is not good for everyone, some people have poor digestive enzymes for fish so it is not a good choice for them, like being lactose intolerant only we are talking about fish. Also if you have not eaten fish in a long time it might take a few days for your digestive system to get used to it but after that it is smooth sailing. When I eat nothing but talipia fish and chicken breast, my shits are hard as granite and my stomach is strong, very little gas, no pains, like I said smooth sailing.

Now as far as the biological value chart is concerned, is it important? yes but it is only half the story, your digestibility is the other half.

I've been eating whole eggs since I was a teen and never had these problems.  Most often it's what's eaten with the eggs that is causing the gas and other problems.  If a persons diet is high in fiber there should be no bowel problems at all. 

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2012, 10:09:58 AM »
If a persons diet is high in fiber there should be no bowel problems at all. 

Well, fiber is what gives me problems. Talk about gas and loose shits!

I have no problems with eggs, raw or cooked, but if combined with say oatmeal then it's disaster.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2012, 11:08:38 AM »
First you hit the massage parlor and the asian chick gives you happy ending then you hit the sushi restaurant and the asian guy gives you fish.

Good, will do!  :D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2012, 11:23:57 AM »
Fish makes me horny.  Guess that's a good sign unless you happen to be in the room with me.

whataname

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2012, 01:03:24 PM »
Fish makes me horny.  Guess that's a good sign unless you happen to be in the room with me.

maybe the tuna smell when you open the can reminds you to a wet shaved pussy.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2012, 01:32:22 PM »
Some can handle it, others can not, question; do eggs give you gas, if so then it is an important sign that your body is having trouble digesting it. If eggs do not give you gas then you are in the minority.

Are you talking about real whole eggs or pasturized egg whites??

I know of many guys who complain of egg whites giving them problems. But rarely do whole eggs ever give me or anyone I know digestive issues.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2012, 02:19:41 PM »
Look fellows, you have 3 - 4 people here claiming they don't have problems with eggs, OK that's great you guys are the exception not the norm.

Eggs give the majority of people gas, you know egg farts, eggs have a bad rep for gas, if you guys don't get gas from eating eggs then your body is digesting them well but for the majority of us that eat eggs, we will be farting all day long.

Well, fiber is what gives me problems. Talk about gas and loose shits!

I have no problems with eggs, raw or cooked, but if combined with say oatmeal then it's disaster.

Now as for fibre, again everyone is different it may help some but for me like Van B above said, creates enormous problems.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2012, 02:24:40 PM »
Are you talking about real whole eggs or pasturized egg whites??

I know of many guys who complain of egg whites giving them problems. But rarely do whole eggs ever give me or anyone I know digestive issues.
So basically what you are claiming is everyone you know who eats eggs does not get egg farts, wow, I would like to come and live on your planet cause everyone I know that eats eggs blows up the house.  ;D

Family Feud;

What foods give you the most gas?

Answer and the majarity of the people answers Eggs, second best answer beans.

Eggs are known for farts but all of a sudden getbig eat eggs and they don`t fart, only on getbig.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2012, 02:28:16 PM »
the only time i get egg farts is if i pig out on pickled eggs while chugging draft beer... then i can clear grand central...

i don't consider that a problem though... more like hilarious

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2012, 02:56:49 PM »
So basically what you are claiming is everyone you know who eats eggs does not get egg farts, wow, I would like to come and live on your planet cause everyone I know that eats eggs blows up the house.  ;D

Family Feud;

What foods give you the most gas?

Answer and the majarity of the people answers Eggs, second best answer beans.

Eggs are known for farts but all of a sudden getbig eat eggs and they don`t fart, only on getbig.

Are you serious? Beans give people 10 x's the amount of gas as eggs.

Its laughable that you think eggs give people gas like beans do.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one because I can eat eggs all day and not fart once. Oh yea everyone who I live with also eats eggs on an almost daily basis and none of us get gas after, I guess I'll just stay on this great smelling planet that I'm on and avoid wherever you live.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2012, 03:15:27 PM »
No we will not agree to disagree, this is not an opinion based subject bro. Do eggs give you gas? you said no and guess what I believe you. You have an awesome digestive system that allows you to eat eggs without gas but brother you are the exception. Most people that eat eggs get gas,  this is not opinion, this is a fact, very few people who eat eggs don`t far, this is a fact for the majority of us.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2012, 03:19:27 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Here you go, 2 min 15 sec, please watch. wooooooooooooooooosh

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2012, 03:33:22 PM »
Now George Farah later on in the same video says, don`t put shit into your bodies, if you buy a Ferrari then put the best shit in it, then he says if you want to sit on the toilet all day long then eat egg whites. He also says they give diarrhea.

So bottom line is egg whites are shit protein for bodybuilders, most pros will agree with this.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2012, 04:19:30 PM »
Now George Farah later on in the same video says, don`t put shit into your bodies, if you buy a Ferrari then put the best shit in it, then he says if you want to sit on the toilet all day long then eat egg whites. He also says they give diarrhea.

So bottom line is egg whites are shit protein for bodybuilders, most pros will agree with this.

I normally drink 6 whole eggs each morning. I never experience any significant gas or discomfort. Twice, I tried drinking the equivalent volume of whites only (12 whites) and suffered severe gastric distress both times.

There's a lot to be said regarding the digestive benefits of the yolks; be it a matter of the yolk being easier to digest, the fat aiding digestion of the whites, or a combination of both and possibly other factors.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2012, 04:25:30 PM »
Yes in terms of bodybuilding, digestibility is everything and eggs do not digest well. They give you gas,

You mean they give YOU gas.  Just because you have trouble digesting eggs doesn't mean the rest of the population does.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2012, 04:27:00 PM »
You mean they give YOU gas.  Just because you have trouble digesting eggs doesn't mean the rest of the population does.
No they give 7-10 people gas, stop playing dumb here. Eggs and gas are common as hell.