Author Topic: Where does Fish rank in protein quality  (Read 11653 times)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Where does Fish rank in protein quality
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2012, 04:29:42 PM »
montague has a good point...

i tend to eat whole eggs... not whites alone

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2012, 04:44:43 PM »
You mean they give YOU gas.  Just because you have trouble digesting eggs doesn't mean the rest of the population does.
What Foods Make You Fart?
By: GottaHaveIt
Break Studios Contributing Writer
If you're in a new relationship and thinking of some overnighters with your new love, you might want to have a list of what foods make you fart so you don't embarrass yourself and gas her. The below foods will increase gas in your system so you might want to steer clear for 12 to 24 hours before spending the night.
One of the most common foods that will make you fart is eggs. And, these are not silent-but-deadly smedleys - these are the nasty, green type of fart that sort of fills the room. Stay clear especially of any foods made with eggs and mayonnaise (another prime offender) such as deviled eggs or egg salad.

From a study at askapedia;

There are some foods that can get the bacteria in your intestines really active for various reasons.  For example beans produce farts because they contain a sugar that we can’t digest, you could think of it as a treat for the bacteria in your intestines, since they don’t get sugar very often.  Other foods you may want to try are: corn, bell peppers, cauliflower, cabbage, milk (mainly if you’re lactose intolerant), bread, eggs, beer, and raisins.

So I have George Farah, the guy that brought 5 out of the top ten bodybuilders in the world to the Olympia. Say eggs give you gas

I have two studies above that say eggs give the most gas

I have family fued doing a poll and coming up with the majority people in a survey will state that eggs gives the most gas

and my personal experience as competitive bodybuilder says eggs gives them gas.

I bring people into contest shape for show, I prep lots of people and the biggest complains I used to get from people is egge, they complain about the eggs making them fart, especially the figure girls and the bikini girls, they hate eggs cause of gas and digestive problems.

But still you guys want to keep a silly argument up that eggs don`t cause gas in most people  ??? ??? ???

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2012, 04:49:59 PM »
bikini girl farts are kinda cute

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2012, 05:00:56 PM »

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2012, 07:12:19 PM »
No we will not agree to disagree, this is not an opinion based subject bro. Do eggs give you gas? you said no and guess what I believe you. You have an awesome digestive system that allows you to eat eggs without gas but brother you are the exception. Most people that eat eggs get gas,  this is not opinion, this is a fact, very few people who eat eggs don`t far, this is a fact for the majority of us.

take a minute and read this bro.

eggs arent even mentioned. they mostly mention sugars, starches, and foods high in fiber which are FAR MORE KNOWN to upset the digestive tract then eggs are.

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/gas/

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2012, 07:14:52 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Here you go, 2 min 15 sec, please watch. wooooooooooooooooosh

Bro you are talking about PASTURIZED EGG WHITES! not whole eggs.

Regular eggs dont give most people gas. For whatever reason liquid egg whites do.

You have to clarify bro.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2012, 07:29:57 PM »

I normally drink 6 whole eggs each morning. I never experience any significant gas or discomfort. Twice, I tried drinking the equivalent volume of whites only (12 whites) and suffered severe gastric distress both times.

There's a lot to be said regarding the digestive benefits of the yolks; be it a matter of the yolk being easier to digest, the fat aiding digestion of the whites, or a combination of both and possibly other factors.

I've noticed that as well, eating the yolk benefits the digestion.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2012, 07:30:46 PM »
Nothing wrong with having a nice Fart in the chamber in case you need it. for the blacks

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2012, 07:32:34 PM »
I can't eat more than 4-5 egg whites because the give me diarrhea. I don't know how some of you can eat >10 egg whites without being in the toilet all day.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2012, 04:01:19 AM »
I haven't eaten any other protein for the past two months except for fish/ calamari/prawns and egg whites. 

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2012, 04:03:39 AM »
Bodybuilding is 100% nutrition, but only if you don't eat.  -arthur jones

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2012, 05:08:09 AM »
I've noticed that as well, eating the yolk benefits the digestion.

Even as far back as the 60's, "bodybuilding nutritional experts" recommended consuming protein with healthy fats to facilitate proper absorption and digestion. That's when it was very popular to mix powders with heavy cream and whole eggs. The best powders contained whole milk and whole egg solids.

I currently use a powder that includes whole eggs in the blend, and I sometimes mix it with more raw eggs to make a "pudding." I never have any issues. But, as I mentioned above, drinking only whites gives me big problems.

You can buy pasteurized whole eggs in cartons similar to Egg Beaters. I don't know if EB makes them, but I've found generic/off-brand cartons for a reasonable price. Unlike it's white counterpart, these have a strong taste - very salty. I don't know how it would mix in a shake. Whole egg powder has a salty flavor, too. If you ever purchase it, you may want to cut it with some smoother-tasting derivatives like whey or casein, and choose extra flavoring if the supplier offers it.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2012, 11:08:28 AM »
lol at ppl asking whats best protein, when they cant even stand through a diet over extended periods of time.

just eat clean for months and years , do some gear, eat enough of any protein and the results will show.

lol@best protein.

Don't make fun of me you fucker!!!  >:( >:( >:(

;D

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2012, 11:44:34 AM »
Look fellows, you have 3 - 4 people here claiming they don't have problems with eggs, OK that's great you guys are the exception not the norm.

Eggs give the majority of people gas, you know egg farts, eggs have a bad rep for gas, if you guys don't get gas from eating eggs then your body is digesting them well but for the majority of us that eat eggs, we will be farting all day long.
Now as for fibre, again everyone is different it may help some but for me like Van B above said, creates enormous problems.

Hahaha, what a fucking tool. You do realize the gas comes from the sulphuric compounds in the yolk that give it that "eggy" smell.  it is not the protein causing you the issue.  Eating dozens of eggs will give you the runs, but again, not the protein but the 100 grams of pure fat you ingested from the yolk. 

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2012, 05:46:02 PM »
Hahaha, what a fucking tool. You do realize the gas comes from the sulphuric compounds in the yolk that give it that "eggy" smell.  it is not the protein causing you the issue.  Eating dozens of eggs will give you the runs, but again, not the protein but the 100 grams of pure fat you ingested from the yolk. 
gawd dam you are fucken dumb, real dumb,, aaaahhh NO SHIT SHERLOCK, wow, first of all the white is what is hard to digest and the yolk is easy to digest so overall it creates a balance, any ingredient in a food that is hard to digest, makes your system work harder hence making the food as a whole less absorbed you dumbass. So because of the sulpheric compounds a lot of the protein is not being absorbed stupid. Also MR. BRAINIAC if you have dhieria then your absortion rate for protein is severly altered, so it does not matter what causes the runs, if you eat any source of protein while you have the runs it won't digest properly and will not be absorbed effectively.

Any more retards on this thread, when you start bringing in people shredded at shows then you can claim to know what the fuck your talking about until then STFU tool lol :-*

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2012, 07:18:42 PM »
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6636643

Vopr Pitan. 1983 Sep-Oct;(5):46-9.
[Biological value of protein from raw fish and canned fish].
[Article in Russian]
Ganoviak ZM, Lipka EM.
Abstract

The authors evaluated the nutritive value of protein from 4 kinds of raw fish (herring, cod, mackerel, sprat) and its preserves. Experiments were made on rats fed the diets containing fish protein (8-10% of the total diet). Experiments included the determination of apparent and genuine digestibility, net protein utilization, and net dietary protein caloric value. Evidence was obtained that protein from fish and its preserves is characterized by high digestibility coefficient as compared with casein and egg powder. The highest net protein utilization was noted in animal groups fed the diet containing protein from raw fish. Protein assimilability from fish preserves was on the average 15% lower than that from raw fish.

PMID:
    [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2012, 07:20:29 PM »
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6636643

Vopr Pitan. 1983 Sep-Oct;(5):46-9.
[Biological value of protein from raw fish and canned fish].
[Article in Russian]
Ganoviak ZM, Lipka EM.
Abstract

The authors evaluated the nutritive value of protein from 4 kinds of raw fish (herring, cod, mackerel, sprat) and its preserves. Experiments were made on rats fed the diets containing fish protein (8-10% of the total diet). Experiments included the determination of apparent and genuine digestibility, net protein utilization, and net dietary protein caloric value. Evidence was obtained that protein from fish and its preserves is characterized by high digestibility coefficient as compared with casein and egg powder. The highest net protein utilization was noted in animal groups fed the diet containing protein from raw fish. Protein assimilability from fish preserves was on the average 15% lower than that from raw fish.

PMID:
    [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

sashimi for lunch tomorrow!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2012, 07:22:05 PM »

sashimi for lunch tomorrow!

:D

I want to like you (no homo), can you please quit being a douche?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2012, 07:25:14 PM »
Malays J Nutr. 2007 Sep;13(2):171-7. Epub 2007 Sep 15.
Protein quality of anchovy, mackerel and canned sardine samples.
Babji AS Jr, Aidilla M, Gugapreya C, Lai CJ, Nur Bazlina B, Cahyana C, Nor Hayati CP, Suriati Z.
Source

School of Chemical Sciences and Food Technology, FST, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 43600 Bangi, Malaysia.
Abstract

The protein nutritive value of anchovy, mackerel and canned sardine samples together with casein as a reference formulation were evaluated. Proximate composition, protein quality and protein digestibility were determined. Procedures for evaluation included Protein Efficiency Ratio (PER) using the rat bioassay and in vivo Apparent Digestibility (AD). Rats fed with canned sardine diet had the highest mean body weight (154.8±12.28g) while rats fed with anchovy diet had the lowest mean body weight (145.27±15.89g) with significant differences between all the groups. Mean body weight of rats fed with selected fish diet was higher compared to rats fed with casein diet. For PER value, canned sardine has the highest value (2.48), followed by anchovy (2.46) and mackerel (2.34). PER value for all selected fish is lower than that for casein (3.14). Mackerel had the highest value of in vivo AD (96.99%), followed by casein (96.96%), canned sardine (96.88%) and anchovy (91.29%). In conclusion, among the types of fish compared, sardine had the highest protein quality while mackerel showed the highest digestibility.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2012, 08:24:54 PM »
Speak on this getbig!

Is Fish king?

Should I lay off the eggs and focus on FISH?

???

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2012, 10:16:28 PM »
Speak on this getbig!

Is Fish king?

Should I lay off the eggs and focus on FISH?

???

yes bro, i swear it, fish and chicken breast are kings. END OF THREAD

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2012, 10:28:55 PM »
yes bro, i swear it, fish and chicken breast are kings. END OF THREAD

Thank you sir, already purchased a ton of salmon fillets, salmon burgers, sardines, and tilapia.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2012, 03:41:58 AM »
i like the canned smoked mussels, smoked oysters and fish as well.... slightly lower BV but really fucking easy to carry around and mixed with tuna they add a lot of flavor (oily so the tuna is not dry)... add sale'n'pepa and good to go

no homo

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2012, 03:50:45 AM »
i like the canned smoked mussels, smoked oysters and fish as well.... slightly lower BV but really fucking easy to carry around and mixed with tuna they add a lot of flavor (oily so the tuna is not dry)... add sale'n'pepa and good to go

no homo
not bad 8)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2012, 03:54:32 AM »
Eggs are composed of everything that a chick feotus needs to GROW, hence the complete chain aminos / great protein & fat ratio also.