Author Topic: Top 1% earned 13.4% of household income, Paid 22% of all federal taxes...FAIR?  (Read 5226 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
http://washingtonexaminer.com/examiner-editorial-if-top-5-paid-40-of-taxes-what-is-their-fair-share/article/2513985

Top 5% paid 40% of federal taxes while only responsible for 26% of income

how can any idiot use the term "fairness" when talking about how much these ppl pay in taxes?

You ppl need to wise up and stop buying into the propaganda thats being put out.

This isnt a rich vs. poor thing, this is a citizen vs. govt thing.

The govt is overspending and eventually taxes on everyone are going to have to be raised to pay for it. Only a moron buys in the idea that taxing the rich is going to help this situation.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
http://washingtonexaminer.com/examiner-editorial-if-top-5-paid-40-of-taxes-what-is-their-fair-share/article/2513985

how can any idiot use the term "fairness" when talking about how much these ppl pay in taxes?

You ppl need to wise up and stop buying into the propaganda thats being put out.

The govt is overspending and eventually taxes on everyone are going to have to be raised to pay for it. Only a moron buys in the idea that taxing the rich is going to help this situation.

Big Fat Fail

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
the three main expenditures are healthcare, retirement, and military.  There's a whole lot of populist passion behind keeping these three fully funded and adjusted for inflation.  The only way not to bankrupt the country is to get more taxes. 

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor

Hey! What gives? I thought you said that the "top 1% paid 90+%" in another thread... What gives?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

They pay way to little then.

The top 1 % sits on 40% of the wealth and yet 5% only pays 40% of the federal taxes.

Add that to tax breaks, loop holes etc and its clear the country is being screwed.

How can you defend this Tony?
And how can you defend defending the rich when there is people who could need your help left suffering?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Hey! What gives? I thought you said that the "top 1% paid 90+%" in another thread... What gives?

:D

You are starting to become my favorite poster axvo.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
We need a flat tax.  Those that do not work, but are able to, will be put to work in sweat shops to at least work off their tax debt.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I said that of income tax, this is all federal taxes...try and keep up!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
They pay way to little then.

The top 1 % sits on 40% of the wealth and yet 5% only pays 40% of the federal taxes.

Add that to tax breaks, loop holes etc and its clear the country is being screwed.

How can you defend this Tony?
And how can you defend defending the rich when there is people who could need your help left suffering?
please cite your sources, you dont have any credibility here...

Everyone can take advantage of tax breaks...

Im not defending the rich, Im defending anybody being able to keep more of their hard earned money away from a wasteful and inefficient govt.

why do you side with the govt over private citizens?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
please cite your sources, you dont have any credibility here...

Everyone can take advantage of tax breaks...

Im not defending the rich, Im defending anybody being able to keep more of their hard earned money away from a wasteful and inefficient govt.

why do you side with the govt over private citizens?

My source is the info YOU posted.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
My source is the info YOU posted.
my link doesnt say anything about the amount of wealth they have, so again cite your source...you have absolutely no credibility here and this is a prime example of why

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
my link doesnt say anything about the amount of wealth they have, so again cite your source...you have absolutely no credibility here and this is a prime example of why

Lol then you look like a fool now Tony

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_inequality_in_the_United_States

The top 20% own 80% of the wealth, they dont need anybody to talk their case, the fact you do it is pathetic.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
We need a flat tax.  Those that do not work, but are able to, will be put to work in sweat shops to at least work off their tax debt.

fascist

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Lol then you look like a fool now Tony

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_inequality_in_the_United_States

The top 20% own 80% of the wealth, they dont need anybody to talk their case, the fact you do it is pathetic.
LOL your assertion was the top 1% own 40% and then you post this and Im the fool?

this is why you have no credibility here.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
i would assume that the very rich as PATRIOTS and must love their country MORE than poorer american'ts...

they must feel GOOD about giving back to the country that made them rich...

if not, then I say freeze all of their assets and export them to russia..

you american'ts are a funny selfish and contradictory bunch

fun to watch from up here

avxo

• Getbig V
I said that of income tax, this is all federal taxes...try and keep up!!!

I see... Well, it was early in the A.M. and i was sleepy. But now, fresh from a good night's sleep, I'm ready to tango!

Even if your other claim focused only on income taxes, this article says: “As matters stand, the top 1 percent of American households paid 39 percent of income taxes in 2009, according to the most recent data compiled by the Congressional Budget Office, and the top 5 percent of taxpayers paid 64 percent.”

Now, I'm no mathematician (well, actually, I am but that doesn't matter) but it seems to me that 39% is not 90+%...

This only goes to prove my more general point: that you shouldn't post stuff you've heard without fact-checking, because it causes you to lose credibility when someone proves what you say is flat-out wrong.

And that's fine; great as a matter of fact! You and I are on the same side of that debate. So please, let's argue for it rationally and let's not shoot ourselves in the foot by making bogus claims.

You are starting to become my favorite poster axvo.

Awesome, I guess. And a bit perplexing, considering the fact that we seem to be on opposite sides of the political spectrum. You see, I support what tonymctones says in principle, while you seem to against that.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
based on salary, i work from january to april for uncle sam - that's very motivating.

avxo

• Getbig V
based on salary, i work from january to april for uncle sam - that's very motivating.

I always thought statements like that are a lot more effective than "x% paid y%". It's amazing that anyone ought to be forced to work for someone else for a full quarter of a year, year in and year out.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
as a canadian i work for the government until about august...

as a patriot i find that rewarding

avxo

• Getbig V
as a canadian i work for the government until about august...

As a human being, I find the fact that you are a slave to your government outrageous.

as a patriot i find that rewarding

They have you well trained, don't they?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
LOL your assertion was the top 1% own 40% and then you post this and Im the fool?

this is why you have no credibility here.

Read the fucking article Tony this is getting tiring.

You can read right?

The top 1% sit on 34% of the wealth.

The next 4 % sit on 27,3%.

You want to cut thing for the 40% who sit on 0,2 of the wealth.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I see... Well, it was early in the A.M. and i was sleepy. But now, fresh from a good night's sleep, I'm ready to tango!

Even if your other claim focused only on income taxes, this article says: “As matters stand, the top 1 percent of American households paid 39 percent of income taxes in 2009, according to the most recent data compiled by the Congressional Budget Office, and the top 5 percent of taxpayers paid 64 percent.”

Now, I'm no mathematician (well, actually, I am but that doesn't matter) but it seems to me that 39% is not 90+%...

This only goes to prove my more general point: that you shouldn't post stuff you've heard without fact-checking, because it causes you to lose credibility when someone proves what you say is flat-out wrong.

And that's fine; great as a matter of fact! You and I are on the same side of that debate. So please, let's argue for it rationally and let's not shoot ourselves in the foot by making bogus claims.

Awesome, I guess. And a bit perplexing, considering the fact that we seem to be on opposite sides of the political spectrum. You see, I support what tonymctones says in principle, while you seem to against that.

I dont care if we agree or not i like that you call people out when their facts is wrong.

Im not here to indulge my ego and be confirmed im here to debate and hopefully get some knowledge.

tonymctones

• Getbig V

touche sir, perhaps it was the top 10%...not quite sure

tonymctones

• Getbig V

You can read right?

no where in the article I posted that you said you were citing does it say anything of the sort.

this is why you have no credibility, that and b/c you use wikipedia for sources LMFAO

Please quote the sentence from the article I posted that supports your argument.

tonymctones

• Getbig V

You can read right?

here another question whork, why do you feel its ok to tax money that has already been taxed the year before?

the amount of wealth they have in terms of taxes that should be paid are not related. Taxes are based on the amount of money you make and seeing as they pay nearly twice as much per the total household income, why do you think they need to pay more?

you do know that spending cuts are much more effective at cutting the debt then tax increases right?

this is basic shit, why do you continue to support a wasteful and inefficient govt and demand that others give more of their hard earned money away?

you side with the govt over private citizens.....