Author Topic: Is Tom Brady The Best Football Player Ever?  (Read 80093 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
Re: Is Tom Brady The Best Football Player Ever?
« Reply #350 on: January 21, 2013, 09:02:25 AM »
Do you fucktards realise how hard it is to make thr Afc championship game? How about making superbowls? We have made it to 3 Afc title games, and two superbowls since spygate
(2007) Most teams could only dream of such success.

Steelers have been to three SBs and won two since the Patriots last won a championship.  Are they a dynasty too?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #351 on: January 21, 2013, 09:04:13 AM »
Steelers have been to three SBs and won two since the Patriots last won a championship.  Are they a dynasty too?
STEELERS ALWAYS BEEN A DYNASTY,,,

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #352 on: January 21, 2013, 09:06:06 AM »
x2

I love how Pats fans think they are a "Dynasty".  No Super Bowl wins since their spy cameras were taken away :D

THANKS YOU FOR MAKING THIS CLEAR... THE PATS ARE SORE LOSERS.. TRICKLES DOWN FROM BELICHICK TO BRADY.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #353 on: January 21, 2013, 09:09:52 AM »
Its got to be at least 3 out of four in a row. I never said they still are, I said they were a dynasty.
60's Packers
70's Steelers
80's 49ers
90's Cowboys
2000's Patriots.

These are facts.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #354 on: January 21, 2013, 09:16:11 AM »
I personally think the Pats are at the start of a decline. Brady is getting old and after this loss, people are starting to not be scared to death of them. And that was a huge part of their mystique..that they can't be beaten. they are getting beaten by good teams regularly now.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #355 on: January 21, 2013, 09:27:33 AM »
I personally think the Pats are at the start of a decline. Brady is getting old and after this loss, people are starting to not be scared to death of them. And that was a huge part of their mystique..that they can't be beaten. they are getting beaten by good teams regularly now.

I guess if you have to draft 30th every year, sooner or later it has to catch up to you.

The tipped pass that was intercepted really changed the game momentum. If Brady goes down and scores there, it probably ends up Pats by one with no time left.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #356 on: January 21, 2013, 09:27:53 AM »
so if everyone thinks brady is a system quarterback, so why would the Pats be on a decline ???

All the pats have to do is get a semi decent QB and as long as belichick is still the head coach the Dynasty will continue to roll on

well thats unless , brady is in fact a Legendary QB thats isnt replaceable

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: January 21, 2013, 09:34:10 AM »
so if everyone thinks brady is a system quarterback, so why would the Pats be on a decline ???

All the pats have to do is get a semi decent QB and as long as belichick is still the head coach the Dynasty will continue to roll on

well thats unless , brady is in fact a Legendary QB thats isnt replaceable

I don't think Brady is a system QB. he's fucking great.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #358 on: January 21, 2013, 09:36:41 AM »
this fumbled killed any chances the Pats had at making a comeback

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: January 21, 2013, 09:42:30 AM »
this fumbled killed any chances the Pats had at making a comeback

to play devil's advocate, why wasn't a personal foul called on that play?

brutal helmet to helmet that knocked the dude out cold...Pats would have maintained possession( foul occurred before the fumble)  plus 15 yards and it's a whole new ballgame.

Also, any opinions on this.....

Wes Welker is an unrestricted free agent next year, you guys think Bellichick re-signs him ? that's two playoff losses in a row where he has dropped huge passes.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: January 21, 2013, 09:45:39 AM »

brutal helmet to helmet that knocked the dude out cold...Pats would have maintained possession( foul occurred before the fumble)  plus 15 yards and it's a whole new ballgame.

Wes Welker is an unrestricted free agent next year, you guys think Bellichick re-signs him ? that's two playoff losses in a row where he has dropped huge passes.

Guy knocked himself out if you ask me.  Rammed his own head into the defender's.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #361 on: January 21, 2013, 09:49:31 AM »
Guy knocked himself out if you ask me.  Rammed his own head into the defender's.

LOL....that's one way to look at it.  i saw Pollard come flying in and plant his helmet on the side of that guy's head. which he is notorious for.

My point is, the way they are calling personal fouls these days that was most definitely a penalty, far less gets called. a lineman brushed his hand across Caperneick's helmet and was flagged yesterday.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #362 on: January 21, 2013, 09:50:25 AM »
kinda like my yankees,,,

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #363 on: January 21, 2013, 09:51:15 AM »
I don't think Brady is a system QB. he's fucking great.

Tell that to Matt Cassel.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: January 21, 2013, 09:53:16 AM »

Because a brother VS brother    has more story line then brady vs 49ers i suppose .... people are suckers for a good drama story

queue the harbaugh family feud , the Mother picking John  father picking Jim stories, the awkward Holiday dinner stories  

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #365 on: January 21, 2013, 09:53:50 AM »
Elway has my vote for best QB ever.  I give him a slight edge over Manning/Brady/Montana who I also think are a little better than Marino/Favre.

Can't comment on the guys in the 60s and 70s, it was a different game then.  Football is really hard to compare guys based on just stats.  For example if guys like Bradshaw/Staubach/Unitas played today they'd probably have much higher yards and TD totals.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: January 21, 2013, 09:54:50 AM »
Tell that to Matt Cassel.

What were Cassel's numbers that year?

you brought it up...I'm not looking  ;D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #367 on: January 21, 2013, 09:59:01 AM »

What were Cassel's numbers that year?

you brought it up...I'm not looking  ;D

2008 NE: 327/516 (63%), 3694 yards, 21 TDs, 11 INTs, 89.4 QB rating, 10-5 record as starter
2010 KC: 262/540 (58%), 3116 yards, 27 TDs, 7 INTs, 93.0 QB rating, 10-5 record as starter

Kansas City must have had a great system too.

I don't like Brady but the argument that he's not actually an elite all-time great is ridiculous.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #368 on: January 21, 2013, 10:00:58 AM »

Great player but fuck does Bellichick over use him, he is on punt returns and gets thrown at 20x a game

dude is to small to take that kind of beating game after game

and he has had some big drops when it matters

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: January 21, 2013, 10:03:59 AM »

Great player but fuck does Bellichick over use him, he is on punt returns and gets thrown at 20x a game

dude is to small to take that kind of beating game after game

and he has had some big drops when it matters

I'm surprised Welker is still alive to be honest, guy gets absolutely murdered in every game I watch.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #370 on: January 21, 2013, 10:31:24 AM »

LOL....that's one way to look at it.  i saw Pollard come flying in and plant his helmet on the side of that guy's head. which he is notorious for.

My point is, the way they are calling personal fouls these days that was most definitely a penalty, far less gets called. a lineman brushed his hand across Caperneick's helmet and was flagged yesterday.

Ridley lowered his head going into it, Pollard didn't move.  That hit on Pitta should have been flagged, but I guess he got the best of him, because he scored on the next play.  I will say it though, Pollard is a Patriot killer.  I'm not getting all tinfoil hat/conspiracy on you, but he has taken out his fair share of Patriots.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #371 on: January 21, 2013, 10:41:31 AM »
Ridley lowered his head going into it, Pollard didn't move.  That hit on Pitta should have been flagged, but I guess he got the best of him, because he scored on the next play.  I will say it though, Pollard is a Patriot killer.  I'm not getting all tinfoil hat/conspiracy on you, but he has taken out his fair share of Patriots.

Yeah looking at it again it's not as one sided as i thought, but it was still major helmet to helmet. I'm not an "if' guy, but if that hit was out in the open, every ref would have thrown his flag, in my opinion.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: January 21, 2013, 10:44:49 AM »
Ridley lowered his head going into it, Pollard didn't move.  That hit on Pitta should have been flagged, but I guess he got the best of him, because he scored on the next play.  I will say it though, Pollard is a Patriot killer.  I'm not getting all tinfoil hat/conspiracy on you, but he has taken out his fair share of Patriots.

it this isnt a clean hit i dont know what is

Helmet to the side, all shoulder pad hit

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #373 on: January 21, 2013, 12:22:46 PM »
So now Welker's wife is mouthing off.  F'n hot as anything, though.

"Proud of my husband and the Pats," Burns Welker wrote. "By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids, 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!"

I'm no Lewis fan, but he would eat Welker for a snack.
Y

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #374 on: January 21, 2013, 12:27:19 PM »
So now Welker's wife is mouthing off.  F'n hot as anything, though.

I'm no Lewis fan, but he would eat Welker for a snack.

She speaks the Truth , she is coming out a bit sour , but still the truth non the less