Author Topic: CT Shooting - Massive Shooting at School - 27 killed, 20 children  (Read 86758 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Massive Shooting at School in Connecticut - 27 killed, 20 children
« Reply #625 on: December 15, 2012, 07:48:51 AM »
This totally supports my Pro-Gun argument as I stated above.  There is no ill effect on letting citizens have the right to Conceal and Carry.  This is precisely what is being shown so why try and take this right away since it poses absolutely ZERO threat.

Well, I guess you can also look at it from that angle as well.
X

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #626 on: December 15, 2012, 07:49:34 AM »
As I said, your only argument is that it's impossible to enforce these laws. Because america is saturated with guns and has a shit border.

If you stick to this one singular point, you have an argument.

What you fail to realize is, your not right because your philosophically right, your right because you've been wrong for so fucking long there's nothing that can be done about it.

Thats not my argument and I never made it.  Moron.

MikMaq

« Reply #627 on: December 15, 2012, 07:50:07 AM »
But how do you know a drop in murder rates was solely due to gun ownership?
He's not saying that at all, he's saying that on a state level gun laws are unenforceable. Which is something we already knew. It's a circular argument.

The irony goes like this. I believe guns should be legal because of blah blah blah, and because there impossible to get rid of.

The reason guns are so impossible to get rid of is because of the blah blah blah.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #628 on: December 15, 2012, 07:50:44 AM »
We know murder rates haven`t increased due to more gun ownership.  So why should we ban gun ownership?

Well, we know based on that correlation. But there could be other factors also coming into play. So if you can figure out with those other factors are that decrease crime rate, besides guns, would you then be more apt to have stricter gun laws or ban guns?

ps - I am not saying we should ban guns, as I have no stake in gun laws. I am just plaing devils advocate.
X

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #629 on: December 15, 2012, 07:51:49 AM »
Well, I guess you can also look at it from that angle as well.
You have to look at it that way.  Its too bad most can`t comprehend it in that manner.  The media can`t even interpret it correctly.  The fact is the increased gun ownership among citizens has had absolutely no ill effect when it comes to homicide rates, yet there are many people in power who want to restrict or take this freedom away.  Why?  It doesn`t make any logical sense.

MikMaq

« Reply #630 on: December 15, 2012, 07:54:49 AM »
You have to look at it that way.  Its too bad most can`t comprehend it in that manner.  The media can`t even interpret it correctly.  The fact is the increased gun ownership among citizens has had absolutely no ill effect when it comes to homicide rates, yet there are many people in power who want to restrict or take this freedom away.  Why?  It doesn`t make any logical sense.
This is bullshit, gun ownership may be going up but crimes  rates are going down in most countries around the world. Your making statements that are impossible to get accurate data on. A time based analysis of homicide rates is useless when there are zero controls on the stats.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #631 on: December 15, 2012, 07:55:29 AM »
This is bullshit, gun ownership may be going up but crimes  rates are going down in most countries around the world. Your making statements that are impossible to get accurate data on. A time based analysis of homicide rates is useless when there are zero controls on the stats.
So why do you want a gun ban if its not having any effect on homicide rates?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #632 on: December 15, 2012, 07:56:23 AM »
hahaha you are melting because you have no facts or logical reasoning to back up your nonsense.

MikMaq

« Reply #633 on: December 15, 2012, 07:57:29 AM »
So why do you want a gun ban if its not having any effect on homicide rates?
I don't want no gun ban, as I said from the start it's impossible to enforce one in the states.

What I want is for you to shut the fuck up with this absurd arguments about the 1st amendment, what would you do if, anecdote this, etc.  

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
Re: Massive Shooting at School in Connecticut - 27 killed, 18 children
« Reply #634 on: December 15, 2012, 07:58:32 AM »
Evil in the human nature.

Leave aside the terrible details and reality the aspect that a young man shoots a bunch of people is fascinating from a psychological aspect. What does one feel when you shoot and kill? It must be good otherwise why would they not stop?
Some guy in a docu said once in Vietnam he was a door gunner and he loved the feeling of the pig 60 when he was shooting it.
Whats wrong with us that we like or learn to like killing?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #635 on: December 15, 2012, 07:59:57 AM »
I don't want no gun ban, as I said from the start it's impossible to enforce one in the states.

What I want is for you to shut the fuck up with this absurd arguments about the 1st amendment, what would you do if, anecdote this, etc.  
The Freedom of Speech?  What on earth are you talking about?  Now you don`t want a gun ban?  You are insane.

MikMaq

« Reply #636 on: December 15, 2012, 08:01:12 AM »
The Freedom of Speech?  What on earth are you talking about?  Now you don`t want a gun ban?  You are insane.
Hypothetically I want a gun ban but it's pointless in america at this point. I meant the 2nd amendment.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #637 on: December 15, 2012, 08:02:58 AM »
Hypothetically I want a gun ban but it's pointless in america at this point. I meant the 2nd amendment.
Impractical is the word you're looking for.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #638 on: December 15, 2012, 08:03:41 AM »
So why are you even arguing?  We already know the facts are not on your side and now you admit that its all pointless impractical and nonsensical. Why all the hubbub, bub?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #639 on: December 15, 2012, 08:06:41 AM »
Impractical is the word you're looking for.
Dr. Chimps,  I`d like your opinion on this matter:

Someone has just smashed your door and is breaking in your home.  The nearest Law Enforcement officer is 20 miles away.  What are you supposed to do?

Would you rather have a gun or not and why?

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #640 on: December 15, 2012, 08:11:52 AM »
A couple of things:

These graphs show that in states with gun bans, they were completely ineffective.  Also, these graphs also show that since the Right to Carry has been established, the crime rate has been lowered to match or go below the national average with a continual trend downward.

What does this mean?  This means that allowing citizens to own and carry guns DOES NOT increase murder rates and it shows a trend of keeping within or below the national average so what would be the point of restricting this freedom?

As you can see, there would be absolutely no point.  THAT is how you interpret these graphs correctly.
I was commenting on a particular graph only and its interpretation; admittedly I don't know the overall picture and am not arguing either way (though I do think we should do SOMETHING, rather than nothing about the current epidemic). As others have pointed out correlation does not equal causation, and also there are other factors at play which affect outcomes. So a single graph does not show the whole picture anyway.
follow the arrows

MikMaq

« Reply #641 on: December 15, 2012, 08:14:37 AM »
I'm canadian I could give a fuck what you folk do with your guns, just say you hate niggas, and move on.

Just don't try using some bullshit argument on why having them makes sense.

This is what you got on your side, the fact that it is simply too hard to get rid of them. That's it every other nonsense you get on with is just idiotic posturing.
This is my point from the beginning and I'm sticking to it.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
Re: Massive Shooting at School in Connecticut - 27 killed, 18 children
« Reply #642 on: December 15, 2012, 08:14:41 AM »
Unless police officers can respond to every 911 call within 30sec of making that call, guns should never be outlawed

Police don't protect, they only come with chalk to outline the dead bodies and take pictures to solve the crime

Police spend most of their time harassing decent citizens, not protecting them.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #643 on: December 15, 2012, 08:15:16 AM »
I was commenting on a particular graph only and its interpretation; admittedly I don't know the overall picture and am not arguing either way (though I do think we should do SOMETHING, rather than nothing about the current epidemic). As others have pointed out correlation does not equal causation, and also there are other factors at play which affect outcomes. So a single graph does not show the whole picture anyway.
What "epidemic"?  Media Sensationalism?

You know, this shooter was buzzed in by someone at that school.  The doors were locked electronically and someone let him in.  I`d say this is where the problem lies in this situation.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #644 on: December 15, 2012, 08:17:03 AM »
What "epidemic"?  Media Sensationalism?

You know, this shooter was buzzed in by someone at that school.  The doors were locked electronically and someone let him in.  I`d say this is where the problem lies in this situation.
I feel uncomfortable with the idea and anyone should have the ability to do this. He could have picked any other venue and killed as many people.
follow the arrows

MikMaq

« Reply #645 on: December 15, 2012, 08:18:27 AM »
I feel uncomfortable with the idea and anyone should have the ability to do this. He could have picked any other venue and killed as many people.
What's any other venue this shit keeps getting said, but the fact that the guy chose this location must of been in part to having only lesser options.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #646 on: December 15, 2012, 08:20:11 AM »
Dr. Chimps,  I`d like your opinion on this matter:

Someone has just smashed your door and is breaking in your home.  The nearest Law Enforcement officer is 20 miles away.  What are you supposed to do?

Would you rather have a gun or not and why?
Not a fan of guns. I have a nice softball bat for home protection. As for guns, yea or nay, it's a complicated issue, emotional, too - no simple, binary, solutions. But, I suppose, as long as people continue to value gun ownership as they do, these types of events will also continue to occur. It's the price one pays.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #647 on: December 15, 2012, 08:20:29 AM »
What's any other venue this shit keeps getting said, but the fact that the guy chose this location must of been in part to having only lesser options.
who knows why he picked it, not sure what your point is
follow the arrows

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #648 on: December 15, 2012, 08:25:55 AM »

The Sandy Hook Elementary murders will be covered on the news for weeks to come. But if you ask a forensics psychiatrist, we shouldn't.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

MikMaq

« Reply #649 on: December 15, 2012, 08:30:22 AM »
who knows why he picked it, not sure what your point is
Likely to do as much damage as possible. The only real trend in these shootings is they generally try to outdo their competition. The kids idea you gotta admit was fucking clever, after the theater business you'd think folk would of had enough to not care about this shit.