Author Topic: Religious Nutcases Pt. 2  (Read 15800 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Religious Nutcases Pt. 2
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2012, 04:24:17 PM »
Religion is a necessary evil. Imagine the anarchy if people knew there were no (afterlife) consequences for thier actions.  The majority of believers in this world are below average on the intelligence scale. It is better that they believe in something.
Exactly, so they believe this or that which creates wars against other religions, most all wars are fought over religion go figure.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2012, 04:26:46 PM »
No, people would start doing what they wanted.  Try the L.A. riots, but on a global scale. It would be survival of the fittest.
People, for the most part do what they want. People will always fear death, more so if they know that there is no "afterlife". Because then, there is no redemption for their sins.

The ones who didn't care, still wouldn't care. Ones who find out, chances are will either try to go out in a blaze of glory or try suicide. Others, would seek comfort with their families, because that is what is real to them.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2012, 04:30:02 PM »
People, for the most part do what they want. People will always fear death, more so if they know that there is no "afterlife". Because then, there is no redemption for their sins.

The ones who didn't care, still wouldn't care. Ones who find out, chances are will either try to go out in a blaze of glory or try suicide. Others, would seek comfort with their families, because that is what is real to them.

Death is the greatest mystery in the universe. I have no (keyword) earthly idea of what happens when you die. I would put the "Pearly Gates" towards the bottom of my list though.  8)

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2012, 04:32:51 PM »
I have a question: How can you justify a god letting those kids get massacred in Connecticut? I don't want to hear the tried and true bullshit reply: It was gods will/plan!  So.... his plan, was to let 5 and 6 year olds to get shot in the face at point blank range?  Not my god.

Well shit stain, we have pushed God out of schools, government, public places, taken down the manger because it offends some atheist cockbag (like yourself), tried to remove him off of money and prefer to take his out of the pledge. Now an idiot like yourself had nothing to do on a Friday since his boyfriend stood him up so he tries to fan the flames. Tell me flabby tits, why is it that atheists spend so much time trying to convince the world there is no God- the same one they say doesn't exist anyway?
X

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2012, 04:37:54 PM »

Good post.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2012, 04:43:56 PM »
Well shit stain, we have pushed God out of schools, government, public places, taken down the manger because it offends some atheist cockbag (like yourself), tried to remove him off of money and prefer to take his out of the pledge. Now an idiot like yourself had nothing to do on a Friday since his boyfriend stood him up so he tries to fan the flames. Tell me flabby tits, why is it that atheists spend so much time trying to convince the world there is no God- the same one they say doesn't exist anyway?
Someone is butthurt. Looks like the the religious nutcases have started the name-calling. I am looking for a debate.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2012, 05:02:58 PM »
Made up stuff is cool.

I am an adult so I don't believe in it.

Tightskin

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2012, 06:19:41 PM »
I have a question: How can you justify a god letting those kids get massacred in Connecticut? I don't want to hear the tried and true bullshit reply: It was gods will/plan!  So.... his plan, was to let 5 and 6 year olds to get shot in the face at point blank range?  Not my god.
You think this dimension is the best possibl scenario?   That would be some sad shit.   But if you are a dead body equals worm food superior knowledge fag, it's not suprising.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2012, 06:44:45 PM »
Jesus was the most tortured person in human history?

I seriously doubt that. Do you know how many people have been tortured to death?

Have you ever read about Nazi torture, especially in regards to "medical experiments"?

this guy here was no slouch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_the_Impaler

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2012, 06:54:42 PM »
Exactly, so they believe this or that which creates wars against other religions, most all wars are fought over religion go figure.

Not really! Most wars are fought over either property, advancing an empire, or a personal vendetta. Whether religion is used to justify such is optional.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2012, 07:46:21 PM »

this guy has a good point about atheists.

Go to 4:20 if you dont want to watch the whole thing.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2012, 09:48:07 PM »

I have a serious question for Christians,

What is meant by, Jesus suffered/died for your sins?

I never understood what that meant?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2012, 09:59:55 PM »
God works in mysterious ways ::) I fucking hate that one!
V

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2012, 10:28:13 PM »
Religion is a necessary evil. Imagine the anarchy if people knew there were no (afterlife) consequences for thier actions.  The majority of believers in this world are below average on the intelligence scale. It is better that they believe in something.
i think most people behave welll(or better stated: "as well as they do") out of purely social reasons and not for metaphysical/religious reasons. and then there is also the whole "conscience" thing. if you pay attention to your conscience, your not going to want to behave badly because its going to cause you more emotional turmoil (guilt, shame) on the inside than it will gain you benefits. again, doesnt have anything to do with religion or god or metaphysics or an afterlife.  just simply living with yourself and with others, guides one to try an be moral. so you can accept yourself and so others accept you as well.

all of that being said, some of the brightest minds to have ever lived come to the question of causality and the human experience (the human soul) and found their heart  telling them a god must exist.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2012, 11:32:57 PM »

jews used to kill animals to atone for their sins.  jesus was the animal that got killed to atone for everyone's sin.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2012, 12:16:23 AM »
shut up u commy fascist fag

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2012, 01:46:34 AM »
Hmm. Fench lady who the church denied she was God-given. Then when she was executed made her a saint.  

wtf? someone has begun the descent into senility.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2012, 02:31:32 AM »

Apes don't believe in afterlife as far as we know and they live life just fine.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2012, 04:20:53 AM »
Apes don't believe in afterlife as far as we know and they live life just fine.
They would rip your nutsack off in a heartbeat.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2012, 07:46:21 AM »
Jesus was the most tortured person in human history?

I seriously doubt that. Do you know how many people have been tortured to death?

Have you ever read about Nazi torture, especially in regards to "medical experiments"?

I study history and have read it all, from Homers work to the book of martyrs. The Egyptians, The Babylonians, The Assyrians, The Persians, The Greeks and The Romans were all brutal and tortured in public executions. Flaying and getting boiled alive were common.

Tacitus quote;
Christus [Jesus], from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilate

Jesus was known for his tremendous will, the description of him was unparalleled. He fasted for 40 days once just to get an idea of how mentally tough he was. Now if you study Roman history you would know that flogging or scorching or any type of torture the Romans gave out was done for a duration not specified but at the very minimum till complete submission and also every last ounze of will is drained out of you. The chastisement received by Jesus was tremendously greater then any other for the simple reason that he never did submit and kept his position thus making them have no reason to stop torturing him. The description given was that he was not recognizable.

Now if it isn't bad enough that the Romans where brutal in the art of torturing, Pontius Pilot was eventually removed from all power and exiled before he committed suicide for the sole reason that he was too ruthless and barbaric so just think of what levels of pain would be reached under his sentence.

whipped from head to toe, every square inch of his body, a leather strap with claws made out of lead that curled into your flesh. A crown of thorns was placed on his head and he was forced to carry his cross in near death condition over half a mile up hill.

Now the crucifixion, a "torture to death" method second to non, slow and painful. The Romans where extremely particular in their methods and thought out every aspect of pain known to man, including sticking the nails in the parts of the body that have the most nerve endings. You know it's torture when shattering the bones in their legs with an iron club is considered a relief and act of mercy so they die faster. Also where do you think the word 'excruciating' is derived from, Crucifixion.

The average person would have died with less then 5% of what Jesus went through, while his courage and his mental toughness carried him that far clearly puts him in a category of his own. Single most historical moment sense the beginning of mankind. No one suffered more, period.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2012, 07:59:52 AM »
I study history and have read it all, from Homers work to the book of martyrs. The Egyptians, The Babylonians, The Assyrians, The Persians, The Greeks and The Romans were all brutal and tortured in public executions. Flaying and getting boiled alive were common.

Tacitus quote;
Christus [Jesus], from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilate

Jesus was known for his tremendous will, the description of him was unparalleled. He fasted for 40 days once just to get an idea of how mentally tough he was. Now if you study Roman history you would know that flogging or scorching or any type of torture the Romans gave out was done for a duration not specified but at the very minimum till complete submission and also every last ounze of will is drained out of you. The chastisement received by Jesus was tremendously greater then any other for the simple reason that he never did submit and kept his position thus making them have no reason to stop torturing him. The description given was that he was not recognizable.

Now if it isn't bad enough that the Romans where brutal in the art of torturing, Pontius Pilot was eventually removed from all power and exiled before he committed suicide for the sole reason that he was too ruthless and barbaric so just think of what levels of pain would be reached under his sentence.

whipped from head to toe, every square inch of his body, a leather strap with claws made out of lead that curled into your flesh. A crown of thorns was placed on his head and he was forced to carry his cross in near death condition over half a mile up hill.

Now the crucifixion, a "torture to death" method second to non, slow and painful. The Romans where extremely particular in their methods and thought out every aspect of pain known to man, including sticking the nails in the parts of the body that have the most nerve endings. You know it's torture when shattering the bones in their legs with an iron club is considered a relief and act of mercy so they die faster. Also where do you think the word 'excruciating' is derived from, Crucifixion.

The average person would have died with less then 5% of what Jesus went through, while his courage and his mental toughness carried him that far clearly puts him in a category of his own. Single most historical moment sense the beginning of mankind. No one suffered more, period.
And it's all true, it couldn't possibly be myth to further entice and brainwash his followers.  But then again he did turn water into wine, raised Lazarus from the dead, healed lepers and the blind, walked on water, calmed a storm and cursed out and withered a fig tree, and that stuff doesn't sound so far fetched.  So maybe he was tougher than a normal man.  ::)
V

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2012, 08:01:46 AM »

This is difficult to understand if you are not a Christian. The Bible says for wages of sin is death and Jesus never sinned but he paid the wages of sin. So he paid for our sins by dying cause he never had any of his own. Had he sinned then died on the cross our sins would not have been paid for cause his death would have only covered his sins, you get it?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2012, 08:03:02 AM »
And it's all true, it couldn't possibly be myth to further entice and brainwash his followers.  But then again he did turn water into wine, raised Lazarus from the dead, healed lepers and the blind, walked on water, calmed a storm and cursed out and withered a fig tree, and that stuff doesn't sound so far fetched.  So maybe he was tougher than a normal man.  ::)

Those sound like good fairy tales. Are they creations by Walt Disney?

Oh wait............ :-\ :-\
X

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2012, 08:13:17 AM »
Why must you interrupt a perfectly good discussion with your gibberish horse shit, seriously was that the point of the post, No Einstein.

garebear wanted me to justify my statement that Jesus suffered the most, we were not talking about your horseshit stupidity. My justification is meaningless had he just said what you said above. And I will bring up my points based on the written work pertaining to Jesus, if it is wrong then it's wrong. As a historian one does not pick what he wants to believe and what he doesn't, you take the written work and that's all you have to go by and when you discuss any historical event or historical figure your discussion is based on the assumption of the written work brainiac.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2012, 09:06:38 AM »

Tacitus quote;

Actor Woody Harrelson did a 40 day fast among many other humans. I believe many Monks went further than 40 days. Although 40 days if very impressive, its really not that big of deal if that's all Jesus did. However I have read that after 40 days, the body starts to attack the organs. So maybe that's why Jesus had the 40 day number in his mind. But since many other humans have done the 40 day fast that Jesus has done, maybe there's many humans that could also take the beaten that Jesus took.