Author Topic: Guns - Best one for home protection  (Read 39514 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: Question about Guns
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2017, 04:10:59 PM »
You will get a lot of different answers.  Some people will tell you to get a shotgun.

I always have a Glock 19 within arms reach for small problems and a Colt AR-15 for big problems.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2017, 04:12:16 PM »
Beyond what is the best home defense weapon. Whatever you wind up with become profecient with it. Get trained, learn how to break it down and reasemble it blind. Know your weapon as well as you know your own dick.
h

Simple Simon

« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2017, 04:13:18 PM »
first you need to make sure you have the bottle to take a life...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2017, 04:15:15 PM »
You will get a lot of different answers.  Some people will tell you to get a shotgun.

I always have a Glock 19 within arms reach for small problems and a Colt AR-15 for big problems.

I'd prefer a handgun.

What are your thoughts on a 9 mil?
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2017, 04:15:47 PM »
Beyond what is the best home defense weapon. Whatever you wind up with become profecient with it. Get trained, learn how to break it down and reasemble it blind. Know your weapon as well as you know your own dick.

I will make you proud!
X

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2017, 04:17:25 PM »
first you need to make sure you have the bottle to take a life...

Every body has it...............it just takes the right trigger to bring it out.
h

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2017, 04:18:43 PM »
Yes, get some training and put a light on your weapon.  You have to be able to quickly id your target.  You don't want to smoke one of your loved ones by mistake.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2017, 04:20:30 PM »
Be advised guns are addictive. Hard to stop at 1.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2017, 04:21:37 PM »
I will make getbig proud!
X

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #134 on: October 07, 2017, 04:22:05 PM »
I will eventually get a gun for home protection.

In getbiggers opinion, what is the best, most efficient gun for home protection?

As a getbigger, my hands and feet are registers as lethal weapons. But I thought it would be good to get a gun for home protection.

if it's for "protection" don't bother. statistics show your household will be less safe if you own a gun.

think about it logically. if guns are so great for protection, how come the US with by far the most guns also has by far the highest murder rate in the developed world?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #135 on: October 07, 2017, 04:22:11 PM »

For most things, a good pump shotgun is still hard to beat for most urban/suburban folks. The Remington 870 is a proven choice with lots of aftermarket stuff, and in the nickel marine configuration, very low maintenance.

For a pistol - Smith and Wesson 66 .357 (you can also use .38 in it) or something in the Glock range of products.  

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #136 on: October 07, 2017, 04:23:32 PM »
I'd prefer a handgun.

What are your thoughts on a 9 mil?

Glock 19 is 9mm and it's an exquisite tool.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #137 on: October 07, 2017, 04:25:15 PM »
if it's for "protection" don't bother. statistics show your household will be less safe if you own a gun.

think about it logically. if guns are so great for protection, how come the US with by far the most guns also has by far the highest murder rate in the developed world?

There are LOTS of instances of responsible gun owners protecting their businesses and homes.

My home will be less safe if someone breaks into my residence with a gun and I don't have a gun.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #138 on: October 07, 2017, 04:26:19 PM »

For most things, a good pump shotgun is still hard to beat for most urban/suburban folks. The Remington 870 is a proven choice with lots of aftermarket stuff, and in the nickel marine configuration, very low maintenance.

For a pistol - Smith and Wesson 66 .357 (you can also use .38 in it) or something in the Glock range of products.  

Thanks. I'm going to go the handgun route!
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #139 on: October 07, 2017, 04:27:04 PM »
Glock 19 is 9mm and it's an exquisite tool.

I'm going to be like Dirty Harry!!!  ;D ;D ;D
X

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #140 on: October 07, 2017, 04:27:42 PM »

Its really simple. America is a nation filled with murderous hebrews killing each other at rate close to their own birth rate.
h

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: Guns - Best one for home protection
« Reply #141 on: October 07, 2017, 04:29:26 PM »

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #142 on: October 07, 2017, 04:29:51 PM »

Simple answer :

We have let to many of your type into the country.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #143 on: October 07, 2017, 04:30:48 PM »
There are LOTS of instances of responsible gun owners protecting their businesses and homes.

My home will be less safe if someone breaks into my residence with a gun and I don't have a gun.

there are LOTS of anecdotal instances of all sorts. i am talking about the big picture. statistically you or someone else in your household is far more likely to be injured/killed with your own gun than the chances of you using it to protect yourself against an intruder.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #144 on: October 07, 2017, 04:32:25 PM »
Pump shotgun. Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 hold both in you hands and pick which one you like more.
Other opinion is a decent handgun. Just make sure you get hollow points. They don’t go though walls which is great because you don’t kill people by accident.
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2017, 04:32:28 PM »
there are LOTS of anecdotal instances of all sorts. i am talking about the big picture. statistically you or someone else in your household is far more likely to be injured/killed with your own gun than the chances of you using it to protect yourself against an intruder.

Provide the evidence.

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2017, 04:33:29 PM »
Pump shotgun. Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 hold both in you hands and pick which one you like more.
Other opinion is a decent handgun. Just make sure you get hollow points. They don’t go though walls which is great because you don’t kill people by accident.

I didn't know that about hallow points! Great advice!
X

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2017, 04:35:09 PM »

Tell that to the girl from Riverside.  It's all anecdotal until some monster grabs your teen daughter by the fucking neck and forces his way inside your home.

Quoting statistics to those cold blooded m0therfuckers isn't going to help.  Life isn't an academic exercise.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2017, 04:36:14 PM »
Not sure if that is 100% true about hollow points, but they are the superior round for self defense and have less over penetration than fmj.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2017, 04:38:49 PM »
Self defense rounds (hollow tips) are made not to over-penetrate but you can't coun't on that 100%.  Plus not every shot you fire is gonna hit someone.

That's why you have to know your target and what's behind it.