Author Topic: Guns - Best one for home protection  (Read 39506 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Guns - Best one for home protection
« Reply #200 on: October 08, 2017, 08:44:18 AM »
Lets ban trucks and fertilizer while we are at it...

McVeigh killed 170 without a gun, people are gonna die by evil, sick retards, no matter what.

Take away the guns and criminals will up the ante and use more powerful weapons.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #201 on: October 08, 2017, 10:02:10 AM »
I see the European Pomeranians are still giving their little whiny bark. Go away, your little  opinion doesn’t actually matter at all.

shut it pencilneck . what you think this is...skinny fags R us ?

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #202 on: October 08, 2017, 10:20:12 AM »

shut it pencilneck . what you think this is...skinny fags R us ?

Aren't you a janitor?

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #203 on: October 08, 2017, 10:24:07 AM »
no

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #204 on: October 08, 2017, 10:26:33 AM »
any good watch dog is the best for home protection, theyll scare most intruders away and the few they wont they attack and finish and you dont even have to get outta bed while its happening.

name the dog 'guns' if you like.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: October 08, 2017, 10:32:12 AM »
no

Serious question.

You're one of those common liberal fags, looking to change the world.

What is your idea of a perfect world, how should things be?

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #206 on: October 08, 2017, 10:33:50 AM »
fagget free

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: October 08, 2017, 11:14:55 AM »
fagget free

Can we start with you?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #208 on: October 08, 2017, 02:55:58 PM »
fagget free

Pipe down, eurofag. The adults are talking here.

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #209 on: October 08, 2017, 03:00:13 PM »
Pipe down, eurofag. The adults are talking here.

keep it shut you vagrant twink

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
« Reply #210 on: October 08, 2017, 04:17:08 PM »
Glock 19/ Mossberg 12ga by the bed.
The answer is "yes".

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #211 on: October 08, 2017, 05:17:59 PM »
Glock 19/ Mossberg 12ga Kel-Tec KSG 12gaby the bed.

fixxed

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Question about Guns
« Reply #212 on: October 08, 2017, 06:00:56 PM »
But Prime wouldn't you say that actions speak louder than words?

You chose to insulate yourself in a highly segregated community many years ago.

You spew all this hate towards Americans while living in a community that is far more segregated than that of the vast majority of American getbiggers.

Yes, I would say that. I'm lucky to afford to live in one of Portland's wealthiest neighborhoods. I'm not going to apologize for it.

-Not sure where you got the idea that I spew hate towards Americans. I have no hateful feelings toward any group of people, just individuals who piss me off and even then it is more dislike than hate. Also, I'm very forgiving.

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #213 on: October 08, 2017, 06:29:48 PM »
For daily carry a glock of some sort in 9mm. 9mm because it is cheap to shoot and does the job well enough. Better to practice a lot and be good with what many call a sub power caliber than only practice a couple times a month with 45acp due to its cost.

In the car, a bone stock AK, 3-4 extra mags, cleaning kit, and maybe another 200 rds hidden in a go bag with other essentials like food, water and first aid stuff to get you through a 24 hr situation. I say 7.62x39 over .223 due to round size, and cost effective ammo procurement. You can afford to shoot every weekend on almost any budget with an AK or SKS. The AK spits more lead downrange its that simple, and is cheap to buy, and hits hard at close range.

12 gauge shotgun for home defense. loaded with bird shot. Will make a mess of anyone, and is very intimidating. I like semi autos over pumps, its a firepower thing. You want to enact maximum violence in the least time. Pump would be good if you anticipate using it for hunting or using more diverse loads. Can't go wrong with either! 20g is a good option too, especially if you have a wife or GF. It will be softer on recoil, and can still dish out a lot of lead.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #214 on: October 08, 2017, 07:07:42 PM »
For daily carry a glock of some sort in 9mm. 9mm because it is cheap to shoot and does the job well enough. Better to practice a lot and be good with what many call a sub power caliber than only practice a couple times a month with 45acp due to its cost.

In the car, a bone stock AK, 3-4 extra mags, cleaning kit, and maybe another 200 rds hidden in a go bag with other essentials like food, water and first aid stuff to get you through a 24 hr situation. I say 7.62x39 over .223 due to round size, and cost effective ammo procurement. You can afford to shoot every weekend on almost any budget with an AK or SKS. The AK spits more lead downrange its that simple, and is cheap to buy, and hits hard at close range.

12 gauge shotgun for home defense. loaded with bird shot. Will make a mess of anyone, and is very intimidating. I like semi autos over pumps, its a firepower thing. You want to enact maximum violence in the least time. Pump would be good if you anticipate using it for hunting or using more diverse loads. Can't go wrong with either! 20g is a good option too, especially if you have a wife or GF. It will be softer on recoil, and can still dish out a lot of lead.

Surprisingly cogent and well-reasoned advice.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: October 08, 2017, 10:03:38 PM »

"Birdshot for self-defense seems awesome, with little to no penetration of walls, and you’re protected from the dreaded over-penetration right? Well, not a single birdshot load penetrates the required 12 inches to produce a reliable killing shot. Let’s also remember that Dick Cheney accidentally shot his friend, a man well into the middle of his life, in the face with birdshot and the man made a full recovery.
How to hide your guns, and other off-grid caches…
At the distance where you’re poking them with your shotgun I’m sure it’s plenty fatal, but further than that and I just find it to be less and less likely that’ll you’ll stop a threat effectively.  I also wouldn’t want to be that close to a bad guy.
Why use an inferior load made for squirrels, birds and clay pigeons?
Now, of course, you have slugs, and slugs can be used to reach out a little further than standard buckshot — roughly about 100 yards with a bead sight. Slugs can be devastating and are an option if the fight moves its way outside the home, or if you keep a shotgun for your trunk gun. Slugs are always good to have, but I personally don’t like them as an inside-the-home defense load.
Slugs can really over-penetrate. Plus, why use a slug? After all, a shotgun is a shotgun because it shoots a load of shot. A slug gun is kind of a big, low capacity rifle.
Story continues below video

Buckshot is my choice for home defense. Buckshot consistently penetrates to 12 inches and is capable of producing devastating wounds.
So penetration is covered, but what about shot placement? Well, per-shot the shotgun provides multiple projectiles, creating multiple wound paths, and therefore increasing the likelihood of placing an effective shot. Even if nothing vital is hit and a fatal wound isn’t inflicted, you’ll have an attacker full of pieces of lead, creating multiple wound channels throughout his torso – not only a very painful series of wounds but a debilitating effect on the body."

I tend to agree with this guy

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #216 on: October 08, 2017, 10:05:36 PM »
any good watch dog is the best for home protection, theyll scare most intruders away and the few they wont they attack and finish and you dont even have to get outta bed while its happening.

name the dog 'guns' if you like.

Cane Corso's or Filas are like $2500-3000. Glock 19 can be found for $600. lol

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #217 on: October 08, 2017, 10:22:00 PM »
Surprisingly cogent and well-reasoned advice.

You have to think about the real world situations. For example a tricked out $3000 AR with all the tacticool goodies is a terrible choice for a car gun, since there's a chance it could be stolen. A $500 secondhand AK you haggled for at a pawn shop? Not so much of a loss. Thats $2500 in ammo you can buy for your AK, if you budget that $3000 for firearms and don't buy something fancy. You could get a sweet SKS for even less, and still have solid reliable firepower at short to medium range, plus tons of money to buy ammo to practice with.

You have to consider realistic combat scenarios too- do you really want to engage in a balls out gunfight? Because you or the other guy, or both of you will die or be seriously wounded. Your goal is to live remember, that is the whole point of self defense. That is why it is important to be able to suppress the aggressor if they are at range- no point lining up a headshot shot with that fancy eotech at 100 yds if theres a chance he's already got a bead on you. In that situation you should assume you are dead. So ditch the red dot, its a waste of money and optics kill your situational awareness anyway. You want to fire a lot of lead his way and get the hell out of there as fast as you can. Barring that, you want to relocate in such a way that you will have the upper hand at the next exchange of gunfire, so that the fight will be on your terms and not his. If you have only a pistol and are being engaged by a rifleman, you want to force him closer to you by getting out of his line of sight which will force him to come to you. At the least, it will buy you time to find a way around him to fire on him from a new angle that he does not expect.  

If at close range say under 50 yds, sights do not really matter that much. You can reliably hit targets without them if you have practiced enough, and your reaction time will be far better if you do not aim with the sights. Special forces run many close range drills with pistol and carbine that are simple reflex exercises based on this concept. Now will you be able to land headshots? Probably no. But you can hit the target in center mass, and you will hit them faster than they can hit you and that is what counts in a gunfight.

And when you hit them, do you want to hit them with a piddly .223? No, you want to hit them with the biggest round you can afford to shoot regularly, and the logical answer to that is the 7.62x39 intermediate. Sure you could use special .223 loads to try and equal 7.62 performance, but again you've gotta think $ per round.  And screw those exotic rounds that all the tacticool types like to show off with- 300 blackout, 458 socom, 6.5, etc etc. They cost a lot of money to shoot regularly, and why would you devote more money to something than you have to? A gun is a tool, don't forget that.

Finally, practice firing your rifle, and your pistol equally and in varied situations. I'd say at least twice a month hit the range and put at least a hundred rounds through both to keep you sharp. You are more likely to use the pistol in real life situations, so if you must prioritize one then make it the pistol. There are tons of drills to practice that you can watch on youtube. Don't be that guy that just tries to shoot bullseyes at 500 yards all day long. That's not realistic.

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #218 on: October 08, 2017, 10:36:39 PM »
"Birdshot for self-defense seems awesome, with little to no penetration of walls, and you’re protected from the dreaded over-penetration right? Well, not a single birdshot load penetrates the required 12 inches to produce a reliable killing shot. Let’s also remember that Dick Cheney accidentally shot his friend, a man well into the middle of his life, in the face with birdshot and the man made a full recovery.
How to hide your guns, and other off-grid caches…
At the distance where you’re poking them with your shotgun I’m sure it’s plenty fatal, but further than that and I just find it to be less and less likely that’ll you’ll stop a threat effectively.  I also wouldn’t want to be that close to a bad guy.
Why use an inferior load made for squirrels, birds and clay pigeons?
Now, of course, you have slugs, and slugs can be used to reach out a little further than standard buckshot — roughly about 100 yards with a bead sight. Slugs can be devastating and are an option if the fight moves its way outside the home, or if you keep a shotgun for your trunk gun. Slugs are always good to have, but I personally don’t like them as an inside-the-home defense load.
Slugs can really over-penetrate. Plus, why use a slug? After all, a shotgun is a shotgun because it shoots a load of shot. A slug gun is kind of a big, low capacity rifle.
Story continues below video

Buckshot is my choice for home defense. Buckshot consistently penetrates to 12 inches and is capable of producing devastating wounds.
So penetration is covered, but what about shot placement? Well, per-shot the shotgun provides multiple projectiles, creating multiple wound paths, and therefore increasing the likelihood of placing an effective shot. Even if nothing vital is hit and a fatal wound isn’t inflicted, you’ll have an attacker full of pieces of lead, creating multiple wound channels throughout his torso – not only a very painful series of wounds but a debilitating effect on the body."

I tend to agree with this guy

I'm not much of a shot gun guy if I'm honest. I've got a 20g I shoot trap and skeet with sometimes but other than that I'm into rifles. 12g is just too much kick and too unwieldy to get off multiple effective shots IMO. However, I don't think you could really go wrong unloading a 12g in someones face with buck or bird in the chamber. At the end of the day the idea is to end the threat, and even if he isn't dead, I highly highly doubt someone would be interested in a fight after taking a round to the chest from either type of shell.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: October 09, 2017, 04:57:31 AM »
I'm not much of a shot gun guy if I'm honest. I've got a 20g I shoot trap and skeet with sometimes but other than that I'm into rifles. 12g is just too much kick and too unwieldy to get off multiple effective shots IMO. However, I don't think you could really go wrong unloading a 12g in someones face with buck or bird in the chamber. At the end of the day the idea is to end the threat, and even if he isn't dead, I highly highly doubt someone would be interested in a fight after taking a round to the chest from either type of shell.

Are you a little person?  12g has no more recoil than most long guns.  My wife shoots her 12g with no issues whatsoever.   ???

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: October 09, 2017, 05:54:26 AM »
And Trump, this guy is whacked. I'm glad Kilary didn't win, just so I don't have to see her, but this douche needs to go.
I like Pence, maybe Don will die of a KFC heart attack, and Pence will take over.

Next up, Oprah I hear. She's black, a woman, etc.
Automatic win by the libtard brain dead country.

WTF happened to America?

Why the obcession with the gender of the elected president? Does it matter?

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: October 09, 2017, 05:56:46 AM »

Twaddle

• Getbig V

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #223 on: October 09, 2017, 12:41:55 PM »
Are you a little person?  12g has no more recoil than most long guns.  My wife shoots her 12g with no issues whatsoever.   ???

No I'm 6 feet and over 200lbs. I'm just not a huge fan of shotguns. I've shot a lot of them when I Was younger, and they have a lot of limitations. I'd never keep one in my car on its own, because they are nigh on useless past 50 yards. Sure you can hit with buck at 50 yds, but how reliably is the question? Why leave your life to chance? They are a good supporting tool for exceptional situations when you need a strong force multiplier quickly, sporting use and for hunting game. Also reloading takes a lot longer, and you have a quite limited ammunition supply in the weapon itself.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #224 on: October 09, 2017, 01:01:07 PM »