Author Topic: Bodybuilders "cardio" - have to laugh at the slow rate  (Read 33556 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: bodybuilders "cardio"
« Reply #150 on: December 30, 2012, 01:31:15 AM »
Spoken like 30 something year old.
Itīs true prime at that age they worry more than we do..

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #151 on: December 30, 2012, 10:20:29 AM »
I had prostate cancer. Fortunately, your description of a prostatectomy is way off base. Robotic surgery is nerve sparing. I wore panty liners for about a month after the surgery in case I dripped. This almost never happened and today I have no incontinence issues. In fact, minus the enlarged prostate, I am back to peeing like a horse.

I had ED prior to the surgery. It didn't get any better with the surgery. At 68 years of age, not getting an erection is not a huge deal to me. The shots work and they are relatively painless. I've started having nocturnal erections again recently. I suppose the nerves could be making new connections.   

I was on HRT prior to the prostate cancer diagnosis. My doctor indicated I could go back on it after a year. Since my PSA numbers are undetectable now, he indicated I could go back on testosterone cypionate sooner if I wanted. I will make that decision in three months when I have the next PSA and a testosterone level check. I suspect it is low. It was low prior to the cancer which is why I was on HRT.

Prostate cancer is the most common cancer men get. I've heard that eventually, all men end up with this cancer but most die of something else before they die from prostate cancer as it is sometimes slow growing. It is a good idea to have your PSA checked at least once a year. If one has prostate cancer it is better caught early rather than later.
in 2 years you are 70 holy shit

i'm probably going to get prostate cancer also

it runs in the family

and some studies suggest that premature balders have even more chance

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
Re: Bodybuilders "cardio" - have to laugh at the slow rate
« Reply #152 on: December 30, 2012, 10:25:44 AM »

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #153 on: December 30, 2012, 10:28:15 AM »
Spoken like 30 something year old.

23. i could hook you up with my grandpa, she is of your age.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: December 30, 2012, 10:36:17 AM »
do you realize it has already been 5 years since hs

soon you are 30 :-\

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #155 on: December 30, 2012, 10:38:24 AM »
do you realize it has already been 5 years since hs

soon you are 30 :-\

A hell lot of things happened since then, at this rate I'm gonna get old and die before 30.

Agent69

• Getbig III
« Reply #156 on: December 30, 2012, 11:46:39 AM »
-you can throw the Bro science out the window--whens the last time you saw a lean thick top pro bodybuilder  sprint for 2 hours daily ?? or run consistantly?? NEVER-(ya picture jay-ronnie in his prime-markus- kai-phil-branch or any big thick top pro SPRINTING 2 HOURS DAILY.LMAO -- first of all why the fuck would you want to risk doing it for injury reasons ??
its all about heart rate(fat burning cardio) and diet and drugs and what you eat and when you eat it when trying to get contest lean...if you sprinted for 2 hours everyday-do you guys actually think this would be good for a 270 lb bodybuilder for maintaining his mass while dieting ?? although i have seen some guys do pathetic cardio-you should be soaked in sweat when your done and ya the heart rate should go upto and stay at your fat burning heart rate for your age-
i understand  the logic behind the running/sprinting and fat loss- and I use it  lots when training figure girls and bikini girls and physique guys and girls they can do sprints and some running but it also depends on there body types and metabolisms for how much they would do--..
but big thick bodybuilders-lol not likely ever when trying to hold onto all your mass when dieting----i would pay to see jay-or ronnie or dorian in there prime doing sprints--lol

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: December 30, 2012, 12:12:02 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #158 on: December 30, 2012, 12:14:16 PM »
I was checking out Asics last night.. didn't have that model that was mentioned. I DO need new running shoes badly.. my current ones are so loose and worn out.. can't run worth poop in them anymore... Damn shoes make a big difference and unless we think about it or are told about it we don't know it...

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #159 on: December 30, 2012, 01:01:45 PM »
I was checking out Asics last night.. didn't have that model that was mentioned. I DO need new running shoes badly.. my current ones are so loose and worn out.. can't run worth poop in them anymore... Damn shoes make a big difference and unless we think about it or are told about it we don't know it...

you mean the kayanos? what country are you in?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #160 on: December 30, 2012, 01:02:21 PM »
honestly all asics are good, I don't like to spent over 2 hundred bones on the latest model, so I just get the last years model for 120 or so, works good for me.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: December 30, 2012, 01:29:37 PM »
in 2 years you are 70 holy shit

i'm probably going to get prostate cancer also

it runs in the family

and some studies suggest that premature balders have even more chance

If premature balding is an indicator of future prostate cancer, then I am a classic example. I started going bald in my late teens and was bald on top by my late 20's. I also had prostatitis frequently as a young man. I started seeing a urologist in my 30's for an enlarged prostate. The doctor said my prostate was the size of a racket ball when he removed it. Considering it is supposed to be the walnut sized, that was pretty big.

Just so you know, when I was in my 20's and 30's I never imagined I would live to be this old. Now that I am nearly 70 years old and feel great with no major health issues, it seems possible that I will live to be even older than I am now. LOL! I credit all the time I spend exercising and being relatively cautious about what I eat, plus good genetics for my longevity.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: December 30, 2012, 01:32:16 PM »

Thanks, but I am happily married.

My oldest granddaughter is 23. Just goes to show....

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: December 30, 2012, 01:34:45 PM »
A hell lot of things happened since then, at this rate I'm gonna get old and die before 30.

My mom liked to go to fortune tellers. One fortune teller she saw told her I would die before I was 30 years old. I suspect she wasn't very accomplished at he profession since I am still kicking nearly 40 years after the time she predicted my death.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #164 on: December 30, 2012, 02:00:21 PM »
My mom liked to go to fortune tellers. One fortune teller she saw told her I would die before I was 30 years old. I suspect she wasn't very accomplished at he profession since I am still kicking nearly 40 years after the time she predicted my death.

There was this crazy mathematician who predicted exact date of his death. He was so upset it didn't come that he committed suicide that day.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: December 30, 2012, 06:01:14 PM »
There was this crazy mathematician who predicted exact date of his death. He was so upset it didn't come that he committed suicide that day.

That's one heck of a way to make sure your predictions are accurate. I think I will pass on predicting my own death.  ::)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2012, 07:59:41 PM »
haha, i always have to laugh when i see permabulkers stepping a treadmill or stationary bicycle slower than the 70 year old right next to them.

whats the oint of this, the same effect can be had by a walk through town.

hell, masturbation burns more calories than that.

maybe the solution is also to eat  a little bit less

I used to think like that when I was lean and under 200.
Now at a chunky age 54 and 250 it is a different deal.

Now, think about some pro that is 300 lbs in the off season and you get the idea.

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #167 on: December 30, 2012, 08:34:27 PM »

Don`t know about asics but I have used a running shoe made by nike that was similar to their running styles and found they don`t work for me. I buy the new balance trail running shoes with the thick soles. The thinner style running shoes beat my feet to death as compared to the thicker trail runners
 My running shoes last about 3 months and they are done, the new balance trail runners only cost about $40 to $50 a pair. I run 2 or 3 days a week just for a couple miles at a clip but a 220lb man is hard on sneakers no matter who makes them.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #168 on: December 31, 2012, 02:22:13 AM »
yes for you big guys good running shoes are very important. while i get away with my average Puma shoes you guys need better quality. Asics are great shoes and they are the number 1 choice if you got the money for a good pair. I wait till the models are old and they are cheaper to buy. As hrspwr1 wrote trail running shoes are more robust and running in the woods is much better for you. I have worn these as well and run on both roads and trails in the woods. walking is great too at a good pace and add some hills in your route and if your lucky and have a beach nearby thats even better. steve reeves enjoyed power walking..walking trains your leg muscles and calves too. gives a diffrent feel and effect than jogging/running.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #169 on: December 31, 2012, 02:26:49 AM »
yes for you big guys good running shoes are very important. while i get away with my average Puma shoes you guys need better quality. Asics are great shoes and they are the number 1 choice if you got the money for a good pair.

Donny, this is getbig, millionaires baby. I buy $150 Asics just to walk to my mailbox

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #170 on: December 31, 2012, 06:26:37 AM »
Donny, this is getbig, millionaires baby. I buy $150 Asics just to walk to my mailbox

I know! I bought a pair just so I had something to throw at my gardener when he didn't trim the gardenias just right. Size 12's upside Sancho's head.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #171 on: December 31, 2012, 06:57:48 AM »
;D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #172 on: December 31, 2012, 07:43:53 AM »
Don`t know about asics but I have used a running shoe made by nike that was similar to their running styles and found they don`t work for me. I buy the new balance trail running shoes with the thick soles. The thinner style running shoes beat my feet to death as compared to the thicker trail runners
 My running shoes last about 3 months and they are done, the new balance trail runners only cost about $40 to $50 a pair. I run 2 or 3 days a week just for a couple miles at a clip but a 220lb man is hard on sneakers no matter who makes them.
You get what you pay for. You say your runners last 3 or 4 months and they cost 50 bucks, well trust me asics are indestructible, they last forever. I was running 16 k 5 days a week for 4 months prior to my marathon I ran in 09, then did the marathon and after that ran 3 days a week only at 5-8 k per run and my shoes lasted another 4-5 months. asics are  the best .

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #173 on: December 31, 2012, 08:06:52 AM »
you may be right but all I have is my personal experience of me being extremely hard on shoes. I have even bought top of the line boots and manage to destroy them in 6 months.
 there may be something to the terrain I cover as well, here in the mountains I run on gravel roads and rocky trails, maybe the asics could hold up to that type of abuse but for me it just seems prudent to replace my running shoes every 3 to 4 months.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #174 on: December 31, 2012, 12:14:28 PM »
Running shoes should be replaced every 6 months or so if you are a regular runner. They still might look good but the support and padding get shot. On a side note I can't believe how much running sneakers cost. They got to be kidding me charging $125 for a Chinese made sneaker.