Author Topic: Bodybuilders "cardio" - have to laugh at the slow rate  (Read 33546 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Bodybuilders "cardio" - have to laugh at the slow rate
« Reply #175 on: December 31, 2012, 12:25:14 PM »
Running shoes should be replaced every 6 months or so if you are a regular runner. They still might look good but the support and padding get shot. On a side note I can't believe how much running sneakers cost. They got to be kidding me charging $125 for a Chinese made sneaker.

yes i agree..crazy. where my wife works they sell them and i wait untill the model is running out then get them cheaper plus because she works there i get a % off...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #176 on: December 31, 2012, 12:31:12 PM »
fuck them greedy shoemakers, run barefoot

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #177 on: December 31, 2012, 03:24:48 PM »
If you're from Kenya and have been bare foot from birth to 16 run bare foot. To run bare foot now is just asking for a injury or an infection.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: December 31, 2012, 07:36:15 PM »
I was checking out Asics last night.. didn't have that model that was mentioned. I DO need new running shoes badly.. my current ones are so loose and worn out.. can't run worth poop in them anymore... Damn shoes make a big difference and unless we think about it or are told about it we don't know it...
get brooks

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: December 31, 2012, 09:04:01 PM »
fuck them greedy shoemakers, run barefoot

It has been so long since I have gone barefoot for more than a few minutes, my feet couldn't stand it if I ran barefoot. If you really want to do this, work up to it slowly making sure the bottoms of your feet have a chance to toughen up. Some running shoe manufacturers actually make shoes which are similar to running barefoot. Here are a couple of links to shoes that are somewhat like going barefoot: http://www.altrazerodrop.com/?gclid=CLSphNyvxrQCFYp_Qgodhz8A3w, http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,free_run, http://barefootrunningshoes.org/. The last link to Barefoot running shoes is the best I think because it offers a wide variety of shoes which simulate running barefoot.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #180 on: January 01, 2013, 08:38:06 AM »
you may be right but all I have is my personal experience of me being extremely hard on shoes. I have even bought top of the line boots and manage to destroy them in 6 months.
 there may be something to the terrain I cover as well, here in the mountains I run on gravel roads and rocky trails, maybe the asics could hold up to that type of abuse but for me it just seems prudent to replace my running shoes every 3 to 4 months.
OH shit gravel kills the shoes fast,.. Ya you are right about being over priced, trust me I buy all my shoe at wal-mart except my runners

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #181 on: January 01, 2013, 12:18:40 PM »
haha, i always have to laugh when i see permabulkers stepping a treadmill or stationary bicycle slower than the 70 year old right next to them.

whats the oint of this, the same effect can be had by a walk through town.

hell, masturbation burns more calories than that.

maybe the solution is also to eat  a little bit less

The reason they have to go slow, is that their heart has been irrevocably damaged from drug abuse, electrical conductivity in the cardiac tissue is completely fucked (scientific term), high intensity cardio for most would result in a heart attack at some point.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: January 01, 2013, 02:25:02 PM »
 ::)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #183 on: January 01, 2013, 05:08:06 PM »
Well I just bought myself some Asics GT-2170 running shoes. Could not find Kayan 18s in my shoe size were only selling 9, 9.5... They seemed the same to me more or less from my very inexperienced eye as I have no experience with running shoes.

Anyways as soon as i put them on i felt these will be good for running, tight fit, comfy, cushiony and the way they are shaped 'it makes me want to run' lol... however im gonna explain that.. my first real pair of running shoes...

Will test them out sprinting tomorrow morning :)

http://www.runningshoesguru.com/2011/12/asics-gt-2170-running-shoes-review/

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/shoes-stuff/shoes/asics-gt-2170-review

Paid 148CAD after tax at foot locker.. was 129 before tax. What a rip off... when I check online prices... they go for like 80 bux :-/ Oh well I'm happy with how they test fitted though.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #184 on: January 01, 2013, 05:39:40 PM »
Well I just bought myself some Asics GT-2170 running shoes. Could not find Kayan 18s in my shoe size were only selling 9, 9.5... They seemed the same to me more or less from my very inexperienced eye as I have no experience with running shoes.

Anyways as soon as i put them on i felt these will be good for running, tight fit, comfy, cushiony and the way they are shaped 'it makes me want to run' lol... however im gonna explain that.. my first real pair of running shoes...

Paid 148CAD after tax at foot locker.. was 129 before tax. What a rip off... when I check online prices... they go for like 80 bux :-/ Oh well I'm happy with how they test fitted though.

If you use them regularly and you get benefit from them - there is no waste.    If you had paid 40 bux and never used them = waste

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #185 on: January 01, 2013, 05:42:45 PM »
Can't wait to try them tomorrow morning looking forward to it will report back! Footlocker has a 30 day return policy so if they are not feeling right I can return/exchange and get something else. They had a few other Asic running shoes, I was just looking for the kayanos as that's what was recommended by OTH.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #186 on: January 02, 2013, 09:15:34 AM »
Couldn't wait to post my initial review of running with these puppies!

One word... AMAZING! I've never had legit running shoes for the very purpose of running. Maybe as a kid I had running shoes but I didn't think of running lol. I highly recommend EVERYONE invest in legit running shoes. These asics GT-2170 are the best pair of shoes I've ever run in. I've always run in whatever shoes I had... until now. Never again!

Running up hill, running full speed, no pain in ankles, no pain in knees, feels effortlessly literally, feels like being on a cloud. No impact felt, nothing. Can't believe all these past weeks cutting I was running on the pos shoes I had.........

Buy them!

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #187 on: January 02, 2013, 01:46:07 PM »
Couldn't wait to post my initial review of running with these puppies!

One word... AMAZING! I've never had legit running shoes for the very purpose of running. Maybe as a kid I had running shoes but I didn't think of running lol. I highly recommend EVERYONE invest in legit running shoes. These asics GT-2170 are the best pair of shoes I've ever run in. I've always run in whatever shoes I had... until now. Never again!

Running up hill, running full speed, no pain in ankles, no pain in knees, feels effortlessly literally, feels like being on a cloud. No impact felt, nothing. Can't believe all these past weeks cutting I was running on the pos shoes I had.........

Buy them!
awesome, big difference when you get the right shoe, some losers run in hiking boots.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2013, 10:03:32 PM »

wow @ how "invested" you are in this place. Not a soul gives any of the fucks you crave so much.

Hope this Helps. I really do.
®

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2013, 10:12:27 PM »

Best success I've had with cardio was doing two a days....  45 minutes-1 hour walk in the morning on an empty stomach and then in the evening doing 15-20 of HIT cardio!

But you guys see how heavy I get in the off-season, I need all the cardio I get!

Right now I'm doing only the HIT cardio in the evenings after my work out!  I am of the belief that this is more beneficial than a slow walk for a longer period!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: January 04, 2013, 10:43:23 AM »
Best success I've had with cardio was doing two a days....  45 minutes-1 hour walk in the morning on an empty stomach and then in the evening doing 15-20 of HIT cardio!

But you guys see how heavy I get in the off-season, I need all the cardio I get!

Right now I'm doing only the HIT cardio in the evenings after my work out!  I am of the belief that this is more beneficial than a slow walk for a longer period!

Do you still think it is necessary to bulk up off season? Could there be benefits is maintaining moderately low body fat ratios all the time, while building and refining muscle development? It seems like a lot of folks are in that yo yo dieting rut where so many people eventually lose the battle and end up fat or obese. Would it make sense to maybe only fluctuate 10 lbs on or off season?

Cardio is great. A healthy diet combined with cardio is excellent in my opinion.   

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #191 on: January 04, 2013, 11:28:01 AM »

you're just inflaming your heart - eventually it will be a scarred mess.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #192 on: January 05, 2013, 05:27:20 AM »
If you're from Kenya and have been bare foot from birth to 16 run bare foot. To run bare foot now is just asking for a injury or an infection.

Maybe Obama can give us some tips. 

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #193 on: January 05, 2013, 10:11:42 AM »
wow @ how "invested" you are in this place. Not a soul gives any of the fucks you crave so much.

Hope this Helps. I really do.

Wait you're Alex. Everyone makes fun of you for being fat and pointless.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #194 on: January 05, 2013, 12:59:30 PM »
Wait you're Alex. Everyone makes fun of you for being fat and pointless.

Alex is a low life. A waste of time even to mention is name, everyone hates him.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #195 on: January 05, 2013, 01:06:13 PM »
If they are not interested in health, couldn't they just eat less calories?  ??? Shouldn't the heavy weight training and drugs be enough?
A

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #196 on: January 05, 2013, 02:04:09 PM »
you're just inflaming your heart - eventually it will be a scarred mess.

Now you're just talking out your ass. how does cardio inflame the heart up to the point of scarification?  just shut the fuck up.