Author Topic: David Gregory from meet the depressed in legal trouble  (Read 10019 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: David Gregory from meet the depressed in legal trouble
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2012, 06:24:40 PM »
yes your view is that the problem is that crazy ppl want to use guns to kill mass amounts of ppl.

and your solution is to limit the access to types of accessories for guns to help limit the amount of killings.

Nevermind that the urge to kill mass amounts of ppl is still perfectly intact and that there are a plethora of ways to do so.

Bravo at your pragmatism!!!!!

Bravo on your laziness

I assume (correct me if I'm wrong) that we simply shouldn't bother with any gun laws because the crazy people will still go commit all the same mass murder anyone

Yes or No?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2012, 06:25:33 PM »
yet no one on this list of mass murder using guns fit that description and most felons violent gang member will eventually wind up in jail

those are the not the people committing mass murder with guns (at least not in one day in a matter of a few minutes)

once again, you're just dumb as a box of rocks

That is because mass murderers are rare overall in terms of the bigger problem, which you refuse to deal with since it means going after the left wing voting blocs. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2012, 06:25:47 PM »
so youre agreeing with me that youre not addressing the problem and that these crazy ppl even if they dont have access to fire arms are still going to do what they do and try and commit mass murder?

then youre agreeing that the problem isnt guns, its the crazy ppl with the intent to mass murder.

have you already forgotten that you and I don't agree on "the problem"

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2012, 06:26:48 PM »
yet no one on this list of mass murder using guns fit that description and most felons violent gang member will eventually wind up in jail

those are the not the people committing mass murder with guns (at least not in one day in a matter of a few minutes)

once again, you're just dumb as a box of rocks
so again we are back to youre premise that its not the fact that ppl are being killed is that ppl are being killed in mass

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2012, 06:27:17 PM »
sure absolutely we should

now lets bottom line this again

should we spend more time addressing the actual root of the problem or one of the more common expressions of the problem(even though it accounts for less deaths than other forms)?

so you agree that we should do something on the "gun" side of the equation ?

amazing, that must mean you think guns are a part of the problem otherwise your answer would be no

so what do you suggest

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2012, 06:27:47 PM »
Bravo on your laziness

I assume (correct me if I'm wrong) that we simply shouldn't bother with any gun laws because the crazy people will still go commit all the same mass murder anyone

Yes or No?
I already addressed this...

sure absolutely we should

now lets bottom line this again

should we spend more time addressing the actual root of the problem or one of the more common expressions of the problem(even though it accounts for less deaths than other forms)?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2012, 06:29:36 PM »

amazing, that must mean you think guns are a part of the problem otherwise your answer would be no

so what do you suggest
LOL not at all, the problem is crazy ppl

you see OKC, 9/11, Knife attacks of which there are plenty all stem from the problem...

you see if even if you take away guns all together the root problem is still there, do you agree?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2012, 06:29:41 PM »
so again we are back to youre premise that its not the fact that ppl are being killed is that ppl are being killed in mass

people die every day from guns but we never hear about it on the news until it's some person who kill numerous people

It's your contention and not mine that the number of people killed is an issue as if there is some lessor # that is fine

As I said on another thread, if we could just find a way to make sure these nuts only kill themselves and no one else then I'm sure we'd all be fine with that.. at least I know I would

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2012, 06:30:21 PM »

so what do you suggest
Ill answer your question after youve answered mine...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2012, 06:32:07 PM »
It's your contention and not mine that the number of people killed is an issue as if there is some lessor # that is fine
its not my contention...

you just made it perfectly fucking clear!!!!

You said we dont need to address the everyday deaths from guns only the mass murders

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2012, 06:33:48 PM »
LOL not at all, the problem is crazy ppl

you see OKC, 9/11, Knife attacks of which there are plenty all stem from the problem...

you see if even if you take away guns all together the root problem is still there, do you agree?

again, you and I don't agree

there are hundreds of thousands if not a million or more "crazy" people in this country

the problem is not that they are crazy it's that they can get their hands on guns (a problem will will never eradicate) and that often they get their hands on guns that allow them to kill 10, 15, 20 people in a matter of seconds

it's a completely childish conclusion to pretend it's just crazy people and it even contradicts your own answer of "yes" when I asked you if we should do anything from the "gun side" to mitigate this problem

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2012, 06:33:59 PM »
How about we address the problem?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/charles-krauthammer-the-roots-of-mass-murder/2012/12/20/e4d99594-4ae3-11e2-b709-667035ff9029_story.html

"A tiny percentage of the mentally ill become mass killers. Just about everyone around Tucson shooter Jared Loughner sensed he was mentally ill and dangerous. But in effect, he had to kill before he could be put away — and (forcibly) treated.

Random mass killings were three times more common in the 2000s than in the 1980s, when gun laws were actually weaker. Yet a 2011 University of California at Berkeley study found that states with strong civil commitment laws have about a one-third lower homicide rate."

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2012, 06:34:25 PM »
Ill answer your question after youve answered mine...

we don't agree on the problem

remember?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2012, 06:35:46 PM »
How about we address the problem?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/charles-krauthammer-the-roots-of-mass-murder/2012/12/20/e4d99594-4ae3-11e2-b709-667035ff9029_story.html

"A tiny percentage of the mentally ill become mass killers. Just about everyone around Tucson shooter Jared Loughner sensed he was mentally ill and dangerous. But in effect, he had to kill before he could be put away — and (forcibly) treated.

Random mass killings were three times more common in the 2000s than in the 1980s, when gun laws were actually weaker. Yet a 2011 University of California at Berkeley study found that states with strong civil commitment laws have about a one-third lower homicide rate."

great job disproving your own premise that crazy people are the problem

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2012, 06:37:02 PM »
again, you and I don't agree

there are hundreds of thousands if not a million or more "crazy" people in this country

the problem is not that they are crazy it's that they can get their hands on guns (a problem will will never eradicate) and that often they get their hands on guns that allow them to kill 10, 15, 20 people in a matter of seconds

it's a completely childish conclusion to pretend it's just crazy people and it even contradicts your own answer of "yes" when I asked you if we should do anything from the "gun side" to mitigate this problem
Lets do a little math shall we?

your idea of the problem

Crazy ppl + Guns = Mass Murder

Your Solution = Subtract guns

Crazy ppl + Bombs, knifes, cars, airplane etc = Mass Murder

My idea of the problem

Crazy ppl + Guns, bombs, knifes, cars, airplanes etc = Mass Murder

My solution = Subtract crazy ppl

Guns, bombs, knifes, cars, airplanes etc = NO MASS MURDER!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2012, 06:37:22 PM »
we don't agree on the problem

remember?

That is because you are delusional and uninformed.  Mass Muderers are not a problem overall in terms of aggregate numbers. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2012, 06:45:56 PM »
Lets do a little math shall we?

your idea of the problem

Crazy ppl + Guns = Mass Murder

Your Solution = Subtract guns

Crazy ppl + Bombs, knifes, cars, airplane etc = Mass Murder

My idea of the problem

Crazy ppl + Guns, bombs, knifes, cars, airplanes etc = Mass Murder

My solution = Subtract crazy ppl

Guns, bombs, knifes, cars, airplanes etc = NO MASS MURDER!!!

you've offered no solution for "subtracting" crazy people

If you have some viable solution to that I'd like to hear it

if not, then it's a bullshit attempt to avoid dealing with the real world

back in the real word we actually have proof that stronger gun laws lead to fewer gun deaths

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Tough-gun-laws-linked-to-fewer-deaths-4145605.php

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2012, 06:47:22 PM »
That is because you are delusional and uninformed.  Mass Muderers are not a problem overall in terms of aggregate numbers. 

yes, the deaths from the mass murder incidents are but a drop in the bucket of the total gun violence deaths

no one ever said otherwise, nor is it the point

you're too stupid to be part of this conversation so STFU

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2012, 08:32:52 PM »
http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/26/meet-the-press-david-gregory-dc-police-atf-gun-magazine/

An official from the D.C. police told a member of the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives that David Gregory COULD display a high capacity magazine on "Meet the Press" Sunday ... TMZ has learned.

Well-placed law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... a staffer from "Meet the Press" called ATF before the show aired to inquire about the legality of David holding the empty magazine during a segment on gun control.  We're told the ATF person contacted the D.C. police to find out if the District of Columbia -- the place where the show is broadcast -- had a law prohibiting such a display. 

Our sources say the D.C. police official informed ATF David could legally show the magazine, provided it was empty.  An ATF official then called the staffer from "Meet the Press" to inform them they could use the magazine.

D.C. police released a statement today, saying "NBC contacted the Metropolitan Police Dept. inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for this segment.  NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazine is not permissible and the request was denied."

It appears "Meet the Press" may have gotten 2 different answers from law enforcement.

David is currently being investigated for displaying the magazine.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/26/meet-the-press-david-gregory-dc-police-atf-gun-magazine/#ixzz2GDvNtBbi

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2012, 03:46:15 AM »
you've offered no solution for "subtracting" crazy people

If you have some viable solution to that I'd like to hear it

if not, then it's a bullshit attempt to avoid dealing with the real world

back in the real word we actually have proof that stronger gun laws lead to fewer gun deaths

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Tough-gun-laws-linked-to-fewer-deaths-4145605.php

"Random mass killings were three times more common in the 2000s than in the 1980s, when gun laws were actually weaker. Yet a 2011 University of California at Berkeley study found that states with strong civil commitment laws have about a one-third lower homicide rate."

So in states with strong civil commitment laws the homicide rate is 1/3 less...Id call that pretty significant

Again address the actual problem strawman

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2012, 04:11:39 AM »
"Random mass killings were three times more common in the 2000s than in the 1980s, when gun laws were actually weaker. Yet a 2011 University of California at Berkeley study found that states with strong civil commitment laws have about a one-third lower homicide rate."

So in states with strong civil commitment laws the homicide rate is 1/3 less...Id call that pretty significant

Straw does not want the problem fixed since that means there is no argument left on guns for him to exploit tragedies on.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2012, 09:24:05 AM »

still waiting for you to explain your plan on "subtracting crazy people"

I assume it's the same as your plan to get rid of world hunger by "subtracting starving people"

Looking forward to hearing your solution

I'm sure you Congressperson will be interested too since and you can become famous for your brilliant solution

Let's hear it

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2012, 02:36:25 PM »
Millions upon millions of guns have been sold over the last 4 years wo a significant increase in crime.  Explain that,  

Tighter gun laws?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2012, 02:37:11 PM »
Tighter gun laws?

No - how about more guns does not equal more crime? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2012, 02:38:42 PM »
No - how about more guns does not equal more crime? 

tighter guns laws lead to less gun violence