Author Topic: Is it the new Douchebag trend to not touch the chest in Bench Press?  (Read 18926 times)

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Is it the new Douchebag trend to not touch the chest in Bench Press?
« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2012, 11:09:46 AM »
If you don't want to touch you chest bench pressing that is fine if that works for you.  Just don't call it a max bench press.  A max gym bench press is a touch and go press with your butt remaining on the bench.  You can arch your back but you butt must remain in contact with the bench at all times.  Most importantly, the damn spotter can not touch the bar in even the slightest way on either the downward or upward motion.  Follow those rules and you can give a legit max gym bench press.

Comp bench presses are much tougher with the pause and a couple of other factors.  

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2012, 11:17:08 AM »
Wasn't there several threads about going halfway up? And then there was the thread when Phil, Jeremy Freeman, Nasser and others competed at a Mr. O Bench Press contest (225 the most times)?

**They need to bring that contest back

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2012, 01:06:05 PM »
Wasn't there several threads about going halfway up? And then there was the thread when Phil, Jeremy Freeman, Nasser and others competed at a Mr. O Bench Press contest (225 the most times)?

**They need to bring that contest back
Ya but that contest is cheesy cause people use shitty form, as reps got higher the form got shittier. Nasser's 15 were perfect form and then went down hill from there and Freeman with highest reps had the shittiest form.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2012, 01:18:51 PM »
A few weeks ago I did some deads, classic style/full ROM. While I was in my set, a guy (or should I say 'moron') approached me from behind, saying "sir,.. sir,...". I gave no responce and finished my set. After that he approached me again saying that toughing the floor was bad for my lower back ::) I told that kid (a tatted douchbag with the build of a 'swimmer') that I was doing this for over 20 years. After that he changed the subject immediately by claiming that he worked as an instructor in the past.  ::)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2012, 01:35:42 PM »
A few weeks ago I did some deads, classic style/full ROM. While I was in my set, a guy (or should I say 'moron') approached me from behind, saying "sir,.. sir,...". I gave no responce and finished my set. After that he approached me again saying that toughing the floor was bad for my lower back ::) I told that kid (a tatted douchbag with the build of a 'swimmer') that I was doing this for over 20 years. After that he changed the subject immediately by claiming that he worked as an instructor in the past.  ::)
I had a similar scenario, I had 315 on the flat bench, so I start my set after 3 or 4 reps I heard 'sir stop'' ''sir'  ''sir'!!! then at this point I am thinking "oh shit something is wrong so I didn't finish the set just racked it right away thinking something is wrong. I ask the guy "what is it", he answers ''you shouldn't arch your back, you might hurt yourself" and I bursted out in laughter so hard, then he is like ''what's so funny" and I looked at him and said "guess" then walked away, not shitting you he had a 25 pounder on each side of the bar and was 140 soaking wet.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2012, 01:49:45 PM »
I had a similar scenario, I had 315 on the flat bench, so I start my set after 3 or 4 reps I heard 'sir stop'' ''sir'  ''sir'!!! then at this point I am thinking "oh shit something is wrong so I didn't finish the set just racked it right away thinking something is wrong. I ask the guy "what is it", he answers ''you shouldn't arch your back, you might hurt yourself" and I bursted out in laughter so hard, then he is like ''what's so funny" and I looked at him and said "guess" then walked away, not shitting you he had a 25 pounder on each side of the bar and was 140 soaking wet.

LOL, gotta love those rocket scientists! But what's really disturbing is that they start talking to you when you're in a serious set. They don't realize that someone can injury himself by dividing his focus between the weight and them, dumb idiots, it shows how focused those so called 'experts' are during their own sets. ::)

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2012, 01:56:14 PM »

Similar scenario, different roles. 60 year old corpse approached me when I was doing light deads - it was like 150kg, basicly nothing. He told me it was "too much for me" and I should "stretch and do machines". He also asked me if I knew I had some magic "chacras" or some other crazy shit on my back that I was apparently hurting or whatever. Guy is batshit crazy, he's like real life Johnny Falcon. Obviously I got pissed off and told him to fuck off with anything that is not proven by science which was a huge mistake because it provoked even more rambling.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2012, 02:03:42 PM »
^^^ lolol what gets to me is the lack of logic. I mean these guys see us, we are muscular and strong and yet they have better advise then us. lol, I honestly am nice to them, but I know what you mean, I really want to tell them to fuck off like you did.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2012, 02:19:27 PM »
Well, I have no problems taking advice from someone who is 2000x smaller and weaker than me. Actually, I consult my training with one guy who is very strong (mainly in the bench) and other guy has totally different priorities. Yet I respect their knowledge about biomechanics and physiology so when it comes to technique, details about how to avoid injuries etc. I get advise from them.

Facts are facts, regardless of who says them. But when some old fucktard comes to me and starts rambling about how this weight is too much for me (because he thinks just because I'm not big fat slob I'm "weak" - go figure) and then continues with some magical mumbo-jumbo then I want to crush his head on the fucking wall.

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2012, 03:52:22 PM »

Wow, I would have been pissed off. I would have yelled at the idiot, instructing him on proper gym etiquette.  That is like a top 3 no-no of working out. NEVER interrupt someone in mid set.  I pretty much keep to myself abut that would set me off. 

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2012, 05:14:12 PM »
ROFLMAO

gloves and tank tops...the epitomy of bad ass. ::)

VladimirVersic

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2012, 10:16:06 PM »
Quality posts from a young man with knowledge ::)
reply 56: "What a bunch of Bullsit"
reply 59 : "I don't give a Fuck"
I ment other posts that are longer.  ;D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2012, 03:07:14 AM »
I ment other posts that are longer.  ;D

The use of such profane language seems to upset the sensitive pH balance of "Donny"'s tender vagina.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2012, 03:13:09 AM »
Epic using 35lb plates to make yourself look more impressive. Now, to the topic of discussion, if it doesn't touch your chest it doesn't count. I always touch my chest with the barbell. Control the weight and avoid injury.

those are 25lbers

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2012, 03:14:27 AM »
The use of such profane language seems to upset the sensitive pH balance of "Donny"'s tender vagina.
no i am a Man of Action and not words. speak to me Son in 10 years when you are a Man. why put my name like "Donny". I am who i say i am and donīt hide myself. Donny is short for Donald.