Author Topic: The "OBAMA IS AWESOME" topic (haters not welcome)  (Read 10289 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: The "OBAMA IS AWESOME" topic (haters not welcome)
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2013, 05:31:31 AM »
There are, but there are no amendments that state so plainly, "Shall not be infringed" as the second amendment... As you are well aware, the amendment is there to protect us from the tyranny of those in power... That is a paramount right of the people of this country.

yes but we conveniently forget the part that says  "in a well-controlled militia".....if everyone has guns thats not well-controlled and thats not a militia...plus if you want to have a gun you should go through extensive gun training and qualification to make sure you handle a gun safely and can actually shoot

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2013, 05:33:49 AM »
No, I meant what president do you think was the best and why.

I'm interested to hear from you on the the topic as well.

you're really asking a lot of him.....he would actually have to think

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2013, 05:35:44 AM »
I think the first President was the greatest considering everything he was up against. And no... I'm not referring to Washington, he wasn't the first. And only because Obama's stint is not yet over. He really can' be compared to previous Prez'z. Only a historic perspective with 20/20 hindsight can effectively determine his performance.

you're really ruining this thread with your logic  :-*

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2013, 05:38:39 AM »

the free phone thing actually statrted under Bush.....but don't let facts get in the way of your posts

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2013, 05:40:33 AM »
The use of them is not the problem.  It is the extensive, repeated narcisssistic focus on them which is the problem.  That's why the NAVY Seals hated the guy for being a blowhard and taking all the credit for the bin Laden killing.

I see nothing wrong with him saying "I" and "me" when he does something positive.......people blame him for things when they go wrong don't they?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2013, 05:53:30 AM »
yes but we conveniently forget the part that says  "in a well-controlled militia".....if everyone has guns thats not well-controlled and thats not a militia...plus if you want to have a gun you should go through extensive gun training and qualification to make sure you handle a gun safely and can actually shoot

That's not what it says. It doesn't say "in".

It says.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Now look at that.

It is very specific.

It is saying that militias are necessary AND the right shall not be infringed.

Punctuation is EVERYTHING.

In this phrase it is not stated that in a militia the right shall not be infringed. It's saying that neither right shall be infringed.

A militia can be created by any citizen AND the right to keep and bear arms is not to be infringed in any way.

You are being a little short sighted here.

The people are supposed to protect the people from tyrannical government. This can not be done without the armament to do so.

This entire process is to protect you and I from people who would usurp power from US and give it to themselves.

I do not understand how you put so much blind faith in the government.

How do you do this when your "party" may not always be in office? Lets say that Obama comes for the guns and takes them, then in 12 years a Republican starts rounding up all people they find undesirable... There is no armament to protect you from this.

What are you going to do?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2013, 06:33:23 AM »
bodybuilding content

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2013, 08:39:32 AM »
I love obama ...good guy..not the best president but an amazing personality...

The latest fiscal deal showed and proved the true weakness of the Democratic Party..essentially their flaws are coming out...the Democratic Party 2 sides in themselves..a hardcore liberal to a hard working person who is business oriented but wants everyone to get help....the latest fiscal cliff deal was a disaster..Obama in my view leans more to the business savvy democratic ..defintly not like the corporate American hating hippies..the tax rates jumped for the "rich"..by 3 percentages points...the hard core message played in the election "tax the rich" and save the middle class failed miserably with the power of the house...the middle class will get the biggest take hike of all..the payroll tax cut will take a lot of money out of middle class Americans with the added investment taxi which they can't afford ..rich people can afford this...no new tax breaks enacted..every disappointed 

Any President that would do what he's doing to this country is NOT a good person, professionally, morally, ethically even if he were a civilian, he would NOT be a good "guy". He's a horrible human being and delusional at best!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2013, 09:15:14 AM »
That's not what it says. It doesn't say "in".

It says.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Now look at that.

It is very specific.

It is saying that militias are necessary AND the right shall not be infringed.

Punctuation is EVERYTHING.

In this phrase it is not stated that in a militia the right shall not be infringed. It's saying that neither right shall be infringed.

A militia can be created by any citizen AND the right to keep and bear arms is not to be infringed in any way.

You are being a little short sighted here.

The people are supposed to protect the people from tyrannical government. This can not be done without the armament to do so.

This entire process is to protect you and I from people who would usurp power from US and give it to themselves.

I do not understand how you put so much blind faith in the government.

How do you do this when your "party" may not always be in office? Lets say that Obama comes for the guns and takes them, then in 12 years a Republican starts rounding up all people they find undesirable... There is no armament to protect you from this.

What are you going to do?

very intelligent, well made point..HOWEVER.....

not "anyone" can start a militia....guys starting "militias" has been a problem in the U.S....many of these "militias are racist, and run by loonies who are waiting for the end oif the world....many are involved in planning terrorist and anti-government activities...(Tim McVeigh belonged to a "militia")...Militias are not "well-regulated"......they are small bands of ignorant, anti-government morons usually.....a well-regulated militia is an Army, or police force.......also we have a well-regulated citizen Militia..its called the National Guard.....

Also, "militias" are outdated and the reference in the constitution was meant to give citizens in the U.S. the ability to deter the British by taking up arms on the premise that it was the duty of all citizens to fight possible British invasion...not their own Government.....

other countires have gun control..the British, Japanese.....I don't see them rounding up people as you put it...that can't happen here in this day and age....its a different time.... our society is too well-informed and our institutions are too well developed for that to ever happen again....

the language in the constitution is not perfect and was sometimes left deliberately vague to satisfy all parties.....again..no sane rational person can ignore the fact that gun deaths in Britain and Japan average less than 35 a year butnumber in the thousands in the U.S. every year....anyone who looks at that and continues to argue is truly insane....regardless of how you feel about the constitution

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2013, 09:16:04 AM »
Any President that would do what he's doing to this country is NOT a good person, professionally, morally, ethically even if he were a civilian, he would NOT be a good "guy". He's a horrible human being and delusional at best!

wow..you're nuts...you've gone over the edge

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2013, 09:18:37 AM »

Obama is a down lo twink w a delusion of greatness and granduer.  He is a street pick pocket and a punk and little else. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2013, 09:19:23 AM »
Obama is a down lo twink w a delusion of greatness and granduer.  He is a street pick pocket and a punk and little else. 

this statement says more about you than it does him

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2013, 10:30:52 AM »

Really? Point out where I'm wrong?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2013, 10:34:07 AM »

I'm not kidding - when I see obama on TV I look at him no different than a typical street punk down in the subway on the #4 w Dre Beats on w pants around ass and trying to pick pockets and hustle a dollar from good decent working folk. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2013, 10:41:54 AM »

Considering he's shit on almost every aspect of the constitution and blatant disregard for the law, I would in everyway challenge his fake authority. He's a common white.collar criminal that only gets a pass from the media.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2013, 11:12:15 AM »
very intelligent, well made point..HOWEVER.....

not "anyone" can start a militia....guys starting "militias" has been a problem in the U.S....many of these "militias are racist, and run by loonies who are waiting for the end oif the world....many are involved in planning terrorist and anti-government activities...(Tim McVeigh belonged to a "militia")...Militias are not "well-regulated"......they are small bands of ignorant, anti-government morons usually.....a well-regulated militia is an Army, or police force.......also we have a well-regulated citizen Militia..its called the National Guard.....

Also, "militias" are outdated and the reference in the constitution was meant to give citizens in the U.S. the ability to deter the British by taking up arms on the premise that it was the duty of all citizens to fight possible British invasion...not their own Government.....

other countires have gun control..the British, Japanese.....I don't see them rounding up people as you put it...that can't happen here in this day and age....its a different time.... our society is too well-informed and our institutions are too well developed for that to ever happen again....

the language in the constitution is not perfect and was sometimes left deliberately vague to satisfy all parties.....again..no sane rational person can ignore the fact that gun deaths in Britain and Japan average less than 35 a year butnumber in the thousands in the U.S. every year....anyone who looks at that and continues to argue is truly insane....regardless of how you feel about the constitution

Yes, gun deaths are lower... However Stabbings and bludgeonings are higher... People will simply find a way to kill people.

England has the highest rate of stabbings per capita in the world... So sure, it's not guns, but they will just find another way to kill.

Do you truly believe that 1939 was THAT long ago? People didn't have access to information and didn't know what was going on? They did and there just wasn't a damn thing that anyone could do about it because they had NO ARMS to fight off an oppressive regime.

Pol Pot was in control when?

Exactly... Just because we have the internet doesn't mean that information is all of a sudden more available than it was before.

People knew what was going on.

The old saying is still true... Evil wins when good people do nothing... If there are no arms, then when a tyrannical government gets going, the good people have no ABILITY to do nothing.

Hell, look at the afghanis... How long did they fight off the Soviets?

They didn't have anywhere near the force, but eventually the USSR had to say fuck it.

To put it simply... In an unjust world, the gun enables justice.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2013, 11:43:18 AM »
Considering he's shit on almost every aspect of the constitution and blatant disregard for the law, I would in everyway challenge his fake authority. He's a common white.collar criminal that only gets a pass from the media.

he's your president

he could hold you down and shit down your throat for sport

seriously... that's a constitutional right

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2013, 12:15:28 PM »

he's your president

he could hold you down and shit down your throat for sport

seriously... that's a constitutional right

He is not my president - he is a looter and a common thief. 

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2013, 12:28:23 PM »
He is not my president - he is a looter and a common thief

slander will get you nowhere

and he is your president... even if you hate him in your simplistic fashion

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2013, 12:46:21 PM »

slander will get you nowhere

and he is your president... even if you hate him in your simplistic fashion

Obama is not fit to wash my hands after tacking a shit and piss in a bathroom stall in a cheezy night club for tips, let alone be POTUS

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2013, 12:54:18 PM »
He is not my president - he is a looter and a common thief. 

Sorry, I don't regard him as "MY" president. Btw, he's already shitting all over this country for sport.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2013, 02:23:18 PM »

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2013, 02:46:00 PM »
Seriously? You think one of the best?

Compared to who?

I don't think any President that erodes our civil liberties is on ANY level, one of the best... He's not one of the worst either, but he's just not one of the best... He's definitely middle of the road.

I thought Bush would go down in History as the worst, he's going to have to fight Obama for that position!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2013, 02:52:01 PM »
Please pick one and tell me why.

George Washington,

Guess why

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2013, 03:39:20 PM »
I thought Bush would go down in History as the worst, he's going to have to fight Obama for that position!

LOL, in what way? Im always.curious to here what people have to say when they make statements like that. Obama isn't even qualified to be Bush's dog walker compared to him. Yeah, it was a real bitch having a growing economy, low ue in wartime (that both parties voted on).